Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

The Walking Wounded: (Official BILLS' Injury Status Thread)

Alaska Darin

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I hope he doesn't play this week.  A grade 2 sprain?  I'd rather he rest it for a week.  

Rest him?  Risk losing a game.  Don't rest him?  Risk losing a season, if not career.

Years ago, the Bills used a second round pick on NT Torrell Troup. He got hurt. The Bills pressured him to play anyway. He did. Playing while hurt worsened his injury, and prematurely ended his career.

Business author and entrepreneur M.J. DeMarco coined the acronym DARE. DARE stands for Downwardly Asymmetric Risk Event. He gave an example from his own life: he drag raced on the street, lost control of his vehicle, and wrapped his car around a tree. He pointed out that the downside (potentially losing his own life, or killing someone else) was way bigger than the upside (a few seconds of pleasure).

Playing Josh Allen against the Vikings would also be a DARE. Better to let his elbow heal, and give him more time to recover from the concussion.

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1
  • Applause 1

Nouseforaname
3 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

Years ago, the Bills used a second round pick on NT Torrell Troup. He got hurt. The Bills pressured him to play anyway. He did. Playing while hurt worsened his injury, and prematurely ended his career.

Business author and entrepreneur M.J. DeMarco coined the acronym DARE. DARE stands for Downwardly Asymmetric Risk Event. He gave an example from his own life: he drag raced on the street, lost control of his vehicle, and wrapped his car around a tree. He pointed out that the downside (potentially losing his own life, or killing someone else) was way bigger than the upside (a few seconds of pleasure).

Playing Josh Allen against the Vikings would also be a DARE. Better to let his elbow heal, and give him more time to recover from the concussion.

Concussion?

• Sad 1

uh, oh

https://www.outkick.com/profootballdoc-josh-allen-will-miss-vikings-game-likely-several-more/

Multi-Week Absence Makes Sense for Bills & Josh Allen

Sunday at Outkick, we first reported the our analysis of UCL sprain and nerve issue. On Monday, we indicated the likelihood of missing time.

Now, after logging a DNP (did not practice) on Wednesday, Allen seems poised for a multi-week absence.

In his rookie year, Josh Allen missed four weeks with a similar UCL sprain. The Bills play the Vikings, Browns and Lions over the next three weeks. They are all non-divisional opponents and two are NFC games which are lower on the tier-breaker spectrum. In four weeks, the Bills face back-to-back AFC East opponents as they travel to New England and host the Jets in a rematch from last week’s loss.

Based on our insider knowledge of NFL injuries and front offices, it seems the smartest play is to rest Allen for the next three games, and allow him to return in December with an eye towards a deep playoff run and potential Super Bowl berth.

• Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Josh got the jab and it caused him to throw four picks in two games ?

Can you think of a better reason?

Do you think it's just a coincidence that Allen, and Poyer, and Morse all have so-called "elbow" injuries this season?  What's the NFL hiding from us?  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!@

• Haha 1

Nouseforaname
15 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Can you think of a better reason?

Do you think it's just a coincidence that Allen, and Poyer, and Morse all have so-called "elbow" injuries this season?  What's the NFL hiding from us?  WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!!@

I did think it was a coincidence but come to think of it, my elbow is hurting…

• Haha 1

Jabba The Hutt
11 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

That's what watching Josh Allen videos all day does to you...:worms:

• Facepalm 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I hope he doesn't play this week.  A grade 2 sprain?  I'd rather he rest it for a week.  

Rest him?  Risk losing a game.  Don't rest him?  Risk losing a season, if not career.

I want to argue with you just as Josh does too. You are 100% right. If he plays it is because he is ready. Not because he says so but because the training staff says so. I fully expect him to sit Sunday. 

• Sad 1
  • Cheers 2

15 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

Drug abuse resistance education.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Spartacus said:

uh, oh

https://www.outkick.com/profootballdoc-josh-allen-will-miss-vikings-game-likely-several-more/

Multi-Week Absence Makes Sense for Bills & Josh Allen

Sunday at Outkick, we first reported the our analysis of UCL sprain and nerve issue. On Monday, we indicated the likelihood of missing time.

Now, after logging a DNP (did not practice) on Wednesday, Allen seems poised for a multi-week absence.

In his rookie year, Josh Allen missed four weeks with a similar UCL sprain. The Bills play the Vikings, Browns and Lions over the next three weeks. They are all non-divisional opponents and two are NFC games which are lower on the tier-breaker spectrum. In four weeks, the Bills face back-to-back AFC East opponents as they travel to New England and host the Jets in a rematch from last week’s loss.

Based on our insider knowledge of NFL injuries and front offices, it seems the smartest play is to rest Allen for the next three games, and allow him to return in December with an eye towards a deep playoff run and potential Super Bowl berth.

Makes a lot of sense to me.  On the other hand, three weeks of Case Keenum would be sheer torture after watching Josh....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

My right elbow has hurt since getting the booster two weeks ago, and I think I'm getting bronchitis. 

Won't stop me from traveling up to the game this weekend in what appears to be summer-like conditions! See you at Hammer's......

11 minutes ago, Keukasmallie said:

Makes a lot of sense to me.  On the other hand, three weeks of Case Keenum would be sheer torture after watching Josh....

I'm sure Thad Lewis is available for your viewing pleasure if you can find him......

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Joe said:

So, let me see if I have this right. Likely:

No Poyer

No Allen

No Elam

No Milano

Awesome, I know where I'm making money this sunday.

Groot is likely out

Edmunds has groin injury, so even if he plays, he can't move

most of the OL is injured, some will play

go Josh - we need you to carry us