Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills @ Bengals - Week #17 '22

Foxx

Just now, KD in CA said:

Makes total sense….these guys can’t possibly walk back out on the field without processing what’s happened.

I wonder if the Bills can continue at all, absent some notification of Hamlin’s condition.

Yeah, they have to know how he’s doing before they can go back.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Saw it on TV. 

Read about it in the Buffalo News the day after.  Not even remotely the same impact.  

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You don’t finish this game. Not if he passed. You just don’t. 

Oh God, please don’t let that happen.  But if it does the game is 100% cancelled.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, KD in CA said:

Makes total sense….these guys can’t possibly walk back out on the field without processing what’s happened.

I wonder if the Bills can continue at all, absent some notification of Hamlin’s condition.

Even if they get good news, everybody is still in a state of absolute shock. I don’t know if I want to see that. And it’s not safe in that state of numbness. 

• Like 5
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You don’t finish this game. Not if he passed. You just don’t. 

If that happened, I would be entirely unsurprised if the league themselves cancelled the game.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Im taking the reporting that he was given oxygen as a “good” sign..that his heart was beating - if it stopped.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
2 minutes ago, Ann said:

How do you concentrate and go back out and play? I’d worry about distractions and more injuries.

Its not even that.

How do you focus when your teammate *died*.

You’re overwhelmed by *that* and concern for *him*.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, devnull said:

I'd be okay with forfeiting

NFL should call it day, if they care at all about the safety of forcing unfocused players to compete after what they are experiencing

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, bdutton said:

It wasn't a bad hit.  He got right up and then passed out.

That's the scary part of it all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin

I've also never seen the talking heads this speechless.  McFarland can barely talk, he's so close to tears.

Cutting to so many commercials is completely jarring...but it's not like they can do anything else.  I'd almost rather they cut to bowling or something.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Augie said:

Even if they get good news, everybody is still in a state of absolute shock. I don’t know if I want to see that. And it’s not safe in that state of numbness. 

I remember hearing stories about how benignly the Sabres and the other team……the Blues?…..played after the Malarchuk injury.  I just don’t see the point of playing unless there is some good news.

• Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
Just now, Foxx said:

That's the scary part of it all.

I've seen it a few times in both boxing and MMA.  Hard shot on the button or directly to the upper thoracic region and the person's heart stops. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

God so horrible. 🙏 Prayers for you Damar. Hoping and praying you will be ok.  Saw the play it was chilling and horrible to see. They had to administer CPR. Never seen anything like this extreme before. I would not blame anyone if they said can’t continue the game and walked away.

• Cheers 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

That’s another big factor.  Guys are at much higher risk if they attempt to play without football mindset.  This may be too much to compartmentalize.

• Like 2