Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

SOTU Address, Feb 7th, 2023

Ann

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I like it.  I've already got the shots ready.

OMG, your wife will be driving you to the hospital with a case of alcohol poisoning.  Don't do it! 

• Haha 4

CarpetCrawler
40 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Needs a square for the Great Chinese Weather Balloon Crisis of 2023.

What's to lie about the balloon?  What's he going to do, claim it was Superman?

Which wouldn't entirely surprise me, BTW.

It was Trumps fault of course.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRelyK2KDI7nqVxdmiNhYw

• Haha 3

On 2/4/2023 at 6:38 PM, B-Man said:

God, I wish that someone would have the balls to release a balloon during the speech.

• FANtastic 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, Ann said:

And the Capitol Police won't do anything about it until it passes over the South Carolina representatives.

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I hope McCarthy stands behind Biden and tears a copy of the speech in half.

Just because I want to see everyone who praised Pelosi for that in 2020 lose their &#%$ing minds over it.

Wow, wow, wow.... 

wow.

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Wow, wow, wow.... 

wow.

Political hypocrisy is tight!

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, Cinga said:

She's a clown.

If only because this is the sort of thing you don't announce, you just release it in the SOTU.  Announcing it ruins the joke.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

She's a clown.

You make the same folly most make about her because she's from Georgia and blond they assume she is a dumb hick. But if you even listen to her she is actually quite intelligent and certainly knows more about the issues than most Democrats on the Hill

Edited by Cinga
  • Like 1
  • Doh! 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
11 minutes ago, Cinga said:

You make the same folly most make about her because she's from Georgia and blond they assume she is a dumb hick. But if you even listen to her she is actually quite intelligent and certainly knows more about the issues than most Democrats on the Hill

She's from Georgia?  She's blonde?

ED MORRISSEY ON THE STATE OF THE UNION: 

Can we please, please, PLEASE end the Annual Imperialism Prom? 

“Thomas Jefferson had it correct. The Constitution requires a report to Congress on ‘the State of the Union,’ but it doesn’t require Congress to treat the head of the co-equal branch of government like a Roman emperor returning on a triumph. Jefferson sent Congress a letter, which set a tradition that lasted a hundred years-plus. Jefferson worried in 1801 that a presidential appearance would blur the constitutional lines and give the appearance of imperial royalty.”

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

ED MORRISSEY ON THE STATE OF THE UNION: 

Can we please, please, PLEASE end the Annual Imperialism Prom? 

“Thomas Jefferson had it correct. The Constitution requires a report to Congress on ‘the State of the Union,’ but it doesn’t require Congress to treat the head of the co-equal branch of government like a Roman emperor returning on a triumph. Jefferson sent Congress a letter, which set a tradition that lasted a hundred years-plus. Jefferson worried in 1801 that a presidential appearance would blur the constitutional lines and give the appearance of imperial royalty.”

In the "If I'm ever President" vein, I promise that I will end this annual dog and pony show in front of Congress.

I'd be a one term President, because too many people would hate most of my policies - mandated 10% spending cuts in all government Departments, veto any bill that isn't unitary (i.e. deals with only one topic - no tacked-on nonsense), end the SOTU circus.  My very first act, even before the inaugural balls, would be to sign an order killing DACA, and give Congress 120 days to pass immigration reform that passes constitutional muster.

I'd be a one-term president.  I'd be okay with that.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 3

6 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

In the "If I'm ever President" vein, I promise that I will end this annual dog and pony show in front of Congress.

I'd be a one term President, because too many people would hate most of my policies - mandated 10% spending cuts in all government Departments, veto any bill that isn't unitary (i.e. deals with only one topic - no tacked-on nonsense), end the SOTU circus.  My very first act, even before the inaugural balls, would be to sign an order killing DACA, and give Congress 120 days to pass immigration reform that passes constitutional muster.

I'd be a one-term president.  I'd be okay with that.

You've got my vote, and heck, I'll run your campaign!

Edit to add.... but only if you chose MTG as your running mate :cheers:

Edited by Cinga
  • Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Cinga said:

You've got my vote, and heck, I'll run your campaign!

You may not agree with me all the time, I may not agree with you.  But as your President, there's two things I can guarantee:

I'll call things straight, and won't be a whiny, pandering little ass-munch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

You may not agree with me all the time, I may not agree with you.  But as your President, there's two things I can guarantee:

I'll call things straight, and won't be a whiny, pandering little ass-munch.

So.....you will be you?

On 2/4/2023 at 4:38 PM, B-Man said:

God, I wish that someone would have the balls to release a balloon during the speech.

C'mon Tom, just Do It.