Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2023 Salary Cap Thread

Ann

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

RBs are obviously all over Twitter complaining about their contracts.  For reference:

Bass is much better at his position than Singletary is at his. Isn't Bass' position is more important to the team? 

Maybe comparing salaries of Justin Tucker (11 years, $40M career earnings) with Derrick Henry (7 years, $46m) is better? I tried to look for a top kicker and a top running back that have been in the league a while. Both top of the game, but Tucker has made less in 3 more seasons.  

I do not think this issue is black and white, it will vary person-by-person, team-by-team. Those at the top of their game are going to make good money in the NFL. 

Saquon Barkley has had a lot of injuries. Maybe that is why the Giants do not want to pay him what he thinks he should be paid? He's made $38M to date, and will earn an additional $10m this year under the tag. That isn't chump change. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Alaska Darin
3 hours ago, Ann said:

Bass is much better at his position than Singletary is at his. Isn't Bass' position is more important to the team? 

Maybe comparing salaries of Justin Tucker (11 years, $40M career earnings) with Derrick Henry (7 years, $46m) is better? I tried to look for a top kicker and a top running back that have been in the league a while. Both top of the game, but Tucker has made less in 3 more seasons.  

I do not think this issue is black and white, it will vary person-by-person, team-by-team. Those at the top of their game are going to make good money in the NFL. 

Saquon Barkley has had a lot of injuries. Maybe that is why the Giants do not want to pay him what he thinks he should be paid? He's made $38M to date, and will earn an additional $10m this year under the tag. That isn't chump change. 

I agree with pretty much all of this.  There aren't 32 good NFL kickers and players like Singletary are basically "replacement level" when using any metric.  It's as simple as "supply/demand" with RBs.  Teams with a franchise QB just aren't going to give a bag to a RB, even the very best out there.  There are at least 20 capable RBs available in every draft class.

Mama, don't let your babies grow up to be RBs.  The long term damage just isn't worth the money.

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

"Running Backs are mistreated and abused in the NFL.  If you don't believe me, watch A Bug's Life."  -Le'Veon Bell.

• Facepalm 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 1:12 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

"Running Backs are mistreated and abused in the NFL.  If you don't believe me, watch A Bug's Life."  -Le'Veon Bell.

Did LeVeon find Aaron's stash of special mushrooms?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I've got to believe that two, if not three, of the last four are gone.

Milano isn't going anywhere.

Beane will blow our minds again. Give it a chance to play out. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...