Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Tennessee School Shooting

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
13 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Must not have the storyline the media desperately wants.

The police usually don't share this info.  It comes public in the past 20 years because people post their manifestos to the internet.

Ted Kaczynski, for example, was a special case: the release of his manifesto was strongly debated, until the FBI decided it might help catch him if someone recognized his writing (which is what ultimately happened).  

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Lots of comments I'm seeing about how this happened because the TN legislature, dominated by the GOP, refuses to pass gun laws.

A cursory review of TN law shows that Hale violated three different state laws and one federal statute before she ever pulled the trigger.

Everyone knows that it's all good unless you violate four separate state gun laws.

28 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

The police usually don't share this info.  It comes public in the past 20 years because people post their manifestos to the internet.

Ted Kaczynski, for example, was a special case: the release of his manifesto was strongly debated, until the FBI decided it might help catch him if someone recognized his writing (which is what ultimately happened).  

She's dead. There is no one to catch.

Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Exactly.  So why release it.

Releasing it only emboldens those who are sympathetic to the cause.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Releasing it only emboldens those who are sympathetic to the cause.

But only other crazy people.  Crazy's the problem.

• Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Ann said:

So why not release it?

Standard practice to not release it.  Has been for decades.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

round and round we go

• Facepalm 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
16 minutes ago, Ann said:

So why not release it?

12 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

My understanding is that not releasing manifestos is a forward looking preventative measure.

Individuals who write manifestos are looking for (often posthumous) celebrity, and to become thought leaders and to inspire others to act in their stead.

Denying them this, in theory, could be dissuasive. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

My understanding is that not releasing manifestos is a forward looking preventative measure.

Individuals who write manifestos are looking for (often posthumous) celebrity, and to become thought leaders and to inspire others to act in their stead.

Denying them this, in theory, could be dissuasive. 

I could see not releasing it if she wanted it to be released (for whatever reason... sympathy, a cause, etc.). In that case, it could rot on a shelf. 

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
38 minutes ago, Ann said:

I could see not releasing it if she wanted it to be released (for whatever reason... sympathy, a cause, etc.). In that case, it could rot on a shelf. 

They all want them to be released.

It’s the whole purpose of writing them.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

They all want them to be released.

It’s the whole purpose of writing them.

True, but perhaps it's time for the world to get a glimpse into some of these crazed minds so we will finally be willing to do something about them. 

• Like 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
Just now, Cinga said:

True, but perhaps it's time for the world to get a glimpse into some of these crazed minds so we will finally be willing to do something about them. 

What do you propose to be done?

It’s a cultural problem that’s been decades in the making, with hundreds of causes, all interlinked.

It’s unsolvable because it’s intrinsic now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, devnull said:

I have no interest watching somebody die

I get it though they do smudge it out so you don't see any blood or gore.

But for those that don't want to watch, one thing I want to share about it is the video shows this cop drive up to the school, get his weapon from the trunk, then run into the school. At first he only joins a couple others searching room to room, them they hear shots fired upstairs. This is when the perp started trying to shoot at police etc outside. However, unlike Uvalde, these officers RUN up the stairs, couple more shots and he RUNS down the hallway TOWARDS the gunfire, not away from.

Total time of the video, to the perp in neutralized. A little over 3 minutes as you can see in this screenshot

image.png.df11aa409f20d00e7b4b00c3ec364f59.png

Edited by Cinga
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cinga said:

I get it though they do smudge it out so you don't see any blood or gore.

Blood and gore don't bother me

I have no interest watching the end of a human life

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

It’s a cultural problem that’s been decades in the making, with hundreds of causes, all interlinked.

Nothing is unsolvable.

A good start would be to quit desensitizing things. Through "entertainment" we've made death and destruction so commonplace we don't bat an eye anymore at it, and often even ignore the age ratings for our own kids. 

Then quit sanitizing everything. An excellent example of this is the blotting out of the body of this idiot in the video released. I know, I just mentioned how we desensitize everything, but that is all fake, blood splattered everywhere in a movie is still fake blood. But the real shit should be shown. Let others that might be thinking of this the mess they are going to leave behind, not the "manifesto" they think might incite others. Add the picture of her dead, in a pool of her own blood, not the blood of the kids she killed to the cover of the manifesto with a catchy caption like, "This is the result of a suicidal manifesto and no one will remember her a year from now"

Then, years ago we were worse than inhuman to people in psych wards with lobotomies, straight jackets and padded cells and sickening experiments the norm. But the knee jerk reaction of just closing them down and releasing everyone was the other extreme. Now it's almost impossible to have someone committed for the help they need unless they sign up for it themself. Obviously we don't want it to be abused either so there would need to be some kind of happy medium there that by a panel, or by multiple family members, or something when people prove to be a danger to themselves and those around them. Perhaps the politicians, educators, and "scientists" that created this gender dysphoria need to be the first ones admitted/committed.

Finally, and this may be the most controversial, get rid of the NIH, CDC. They are too corrupt and I'm under no illusion they (like the FBI btw) can be salvaged so shut them down, and start over again with the goal to be to challenge current psychological treatments, and especially the drugs used in treatments. You know as well as I that psychotropic drugs were used by a vast majority of these shooters and this FACT demands answers. Even low threat drugs like anti-depressants can have the exact opposite affect if it is not needed. A friend of mine is proof of that as she complained to me a while ago about being depressed all the time and was going to the doctor to see if she could get something stronger. I got her to promise me to ask if she could try stopping them first for a few days and then go back. She's been off them totally for 2 months now and for her at least, that vicious cycle of increased drug strength and more drugs is over. But of course most people don't have that support and people around to help, or make those suggestions and can eventually get so depressed for the anti-depressants they off themselves, or even others in the process.

Yeah, sorry about the long rant but you asked and I'm as a Christian, nothing is impossible while the Marine in me knows there is no such thing as "can't", it merely means "won't". Get a few more similar of mind which includes most on this board and I promise, we can fix anything the government has fukd up

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Exactly.  So why release it.

If that chick killed my kids, I'd like to know about some details on what the motivation was.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Fully respect your opinion but disagree 100% on the bolded. In fact even a toilet will stop flushing crap if you pull up the plunger. Since 2020 I have been living on this: 2 chronicles 7:12-14 12 Then the Lord appeared to Solomon by night, and said to him: “I have heard your prayer, and have chosen this place for Myself as a house of sacrifice. 13 When I shut up heaven and there is no rain, or command the locusts to devour the land, or send pestilence among My people, 14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

The problem is this needs to begin with Gods Church. His real people. The solution is repentance by the people of God. 

What we see in the last few months is a reflection of what our government has created. Sin has been moving through our land at a more rapid pace as of late and it is because the Church is a mess. If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

People have don't a lot of finger pointing at the church in the past. The decline that we see around us is 100% on their shoulders. The Body of Christ is in deep disarray. Fix that and you fix the world. That starts with me. That starts with the people like me that call themselves children of God. The "church" has let this society down.  My faith in the words in the Bible says it is solvable. Just my 2 cents worth. 

• Applause 2