Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Tennessee School Shooting

Ann

4merper4mer
14 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Standard practice to not release it.  Has been for decades.

They don’t have to release it to summarize it.  If the killer was a white supremacist it would have been released and it would be the topic of a congressional hearing tomorrow.

Personally I don’t care to read the manifestos of any of these psychos but concealing the motives by ignoring them is the wrong thing to do.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

On 3/28/2023 at 7:24 PM, Cinga said:

True, but perhaps it's time for the world to get a glimpse into some of these crazed minds so we will finally be willing to do something about them. 

We've had far too many glimpses into the deranged motivations of mass shooters.  You can read Richard McBeef again but I doubt you'll find any particular insight. I believe the commonly accepted idea is that media coverage of Columbine and VaTech was highly irresponsible and has inspired copy cats.  Releasing manifestos and giving these cowards media attention legitimizes their motives to crazy, dangerous individuals.  I fully support "Loser Commits Cowardly Act of Murder" as the only media attention future shooters receive.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Just in case you were wondering where the WH falls on all of this.

Every day in this culture is a transgender day of visibility.

And they're not just pursuing "love, dignity, and respect."  They're pursuing validation.  From the state and federal governments.  And let me tell you: if you need to be validated by the federal government, you have much more serious psychological issues that government validation won't fix.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Cheers 2

I appreciate the take here, because there is a lot of truth to it, but the right can't elevate their game because they'll never have control of the biggest megaphone.

No control of the media = no message, regardless of actions.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
12 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I appreciate the take here, because there is a lot of truth to it, but the right can't elevate their game because they'll never have control of the biggest megaphone.

No control of the media = no message, regardless of actions.

The right will never be driven to extinction.  The left needs an existential demon to justify their own philosophy.

Witness how they see Nazis around every corner now, when there's maybe 5000 in the country.

• 2 weeks later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

As I read the Tennessee law if you are removed, you need to be replaced, and the removed person can be the person replacing himself/herself (seems stupid).

Tennessee Three: Nashville city council votes unanimously to reinstate expelled state lawmaker

</snip>

More to the point, I think, is that there's something seriously wrong with a city council overriding the state legislature's parliamentary procedure.  :classic_wacko:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

More to the point, I think, is that there's something seriously wrong with a city council overriding the state legislature's parliamentary procedure.  :classic_wacko:

Wouldn't that be bottom up government though? More of a "we the people" than top down. He didn't deserve what he got anyway. (Probably ATOP)

Also, I agree.

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Wouldn't that be bottom up government though? More of a "we the people" than top down. He didn't deserve what he got anyway. (Probably ATOP)

Also, I agree.

I know you're playing devil's advocate.  My response to that would be "city council doesn't elect state legislators.  It's anti-democratic.  We have to support the removal to Save Democracy!"

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I know you're playing devil's advocate.  My response to that would be "city council doesn't elect state legislators.  It's anti-democratic.  We have to support the removal to Save Democracy!"

They used a loophole that they seem to have made up on the fly. I agree with you on this. 

• Like 1

So, soooo many questions...

Former Obama AG Eric Holder Threatened Legal Action in Letter to TN House Speaker Sexton Unless Expelled Democrat Legislators Let Back In; Sources Say Litigation Still Likely

Eric Holder, former President Barack Obama’s attorney general, and a group of attorneys threatened legal action unless two expelled Democrat state legislators were fully restored to the Tennessee House of Representatives in a letter sent to Speaker of the Tennessee House Cameron Sexton (R-Crossville) on Monday.

And though the House restored one of the expelled state legislators late Monday and is likely to restore the second expelled state legislator on Wednesday, sources tell The Tennessee Star that Holder will likely sue the state of Tennessee, the Tennessee House of Representatives, and Speaker Sexton anyways.

Holder is among six attorneys representing State Rep. Justin Jones (D-Nashville) and former State Rep. Justin Pearson (D-Memphis) following their expulsion last week from the Tennessee House after the lawmakers and well-funded left-wing organizations led a made-for-TV protest demanding sweeping gun control laws. They broke several House rules, driving a chaotic scene that shut down proceedings in what Sexton and others have compared to a riot.

</snip>

• Facepalm 2