Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

UFC fighter Israel Adesanya sued by ex-girlfriend for half his wealth

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

The article doesn't say how long they were together. She might have a claim to 'common law' marriage, if they were together for seven years and they state they lived in recognized 'common law.' Even then, she would only be possibly entitled to half of the net worth accumulated during that time and even that could be a stretch, depending on how finances were structured.

• Like 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
43 minutes ago, Foxx said:

The article doesn't say how long they were together. She might have a claim to 'common law' marriage, if they were together for seven years and they state they lived in recognized 'common law.' Even then, she would only be possibly entitled to half of the net worth accumulated during that time and even that could be a stretch, depending on how finances were structured.

I know what the law says, but judges have a habit of legislating for themselves.

Also, given that he’s only 33, and from Africa, I very much doubt that they’d been together for 7 or more years.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I know what the law says, but judges have a habit of legislating for themselves.

In today's day and age, no doubt.

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Also, given that he’s only 33, and from Africa, I very much doubt that they’d been together for 7 or more years.

Lazy journalism not saying  how long they were together.,

• Cheers 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

In today's day and age, no doubt.

Lazy journalism not saying  how long they were together.,

To be fair, he’s extraordinarily private. There’s not much information publicly available about his private life. There were rumors floating around in the MMA circles that he’s gay, because he wasn’t the typical fighter who publicly flaunts his woman of the moment.

• Cheers 2

They both seem to be residents of Auckland, New Zealand. He moved to new Zealand when he was 10 years old according to his Wikipedia page.

• Cheers 2

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, Hedge said:

They both seem to be residents of Auckland, New Zealand. He moved to new Zealand when he was 10 years old according to his Wikipedia page.

If they were living together in New Zealand it’s 3 years.

Given that he’s only recently started making money and 3 years is a relatively short time, she might be entitled to get it according to their laws.

Alaska Darin

Ah, to be a woman in modern society.  You can just move on from dude to dude, pillaging half of their shit at each stop with literally zero accountability. 

Nice balance, legal system.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Ah, to be a woman in modern society.  You can just move on from dude to dude, pillaging half of their shit at each stop with literally zero accountability. 

I only had 1 ex wife.

I was good at math...1/2, then 1/4, 1/8 etc. 

And one day I was bemoaning my divorce in the sauna. Turns out I was talking to a well known local. He proceeded to tell me of a guy who lost his house on the Rio Grande. His mistake, he gave his house keys to a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader. 

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Wow 1

Nouseforaname
11 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

The second most expensive choice you’ll make, getting married.

The first, getting divorced.

• Applause 1

IDBillzFan
20 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

No wonder so many dudes are dressing up like chicks these days.

• Haha 1

Alaska Darin
3 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

No wonder so many dudes are dressing up like chicks these days.

I have always supported gay marriage because I want them to get to enjoy all the great benefits, like getting dragged for half your shit when you get divorced.

Welcome to the party, pals.

(for those of you wondering - I have never been divorced.  I just have a lot of friends who've been absolutely financially pillaged)

• Like 2

IDBillzFan
9 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I have always supported gay marriage because I want them to get to enjoy all the great benefits, like getting dragged for half your shit when you get divorced.

(for those of you wondering - I have never been divorced.  I just have a lot of friends who've been absolutely financially pillaged)

I was divorced, and in spite of it being one of the most embarrassing times in my life, I was at least grateful that when my wife got pretty much everything I had, the truth is, everything I had was about $500 in the bank and a couple of Hostess Ho-Hos.

I got away VERY cheaply.

• Applause 2

Alaska Darin
10 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I was divorced, and in spite of it being one of the most embarrassing times in my life, I was at least grateful that when my wife got pretty much everything I had, the truth is, everything I had was about $500 in the bank and a couple of Hostess Ho-Hos.

I got away VERY cheaply.

Like I said, so far so good.  Of course, I was also fortunate to marry someone who makes similar money to me so any split (however unlikely) would be a hell of a lot more fair than most. 

Choose your life partner wisely. 

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
24 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

That was my first thought when gay marriage became a thing.  "Can't wait to see how gay divorce works between those flaming drama queens."

Alaska Darin
Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

That was my first thought when gay marriage became a thing.  "Can't wait to see how gay divorce works between those flaming drama queens."

Not going to lie, I'd pay money to watch those court cases play out. 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Not going to lie, I'd pay money to watch those court cases play out. 

Court cases, no.

Arbitration?

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

On 5/16/2023 at 5:53 PM, Alaska Darin said:

We were considering building a statue for a now-retired deputy sheriff who was divorced 3 times, and somehow managed to keep his full pension.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Alaska Darin
39 minutes ago, Koko said:

We were considering building a statue for a now-reItired deputy sheriff who was divorced 3 times, and somehow managed to keep his full pension.

I'd love to know who that dude's lawyer was...but more than likely people in the courts took care of him because he was a cop.

The system is rigged AF.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2