Nyheim Hines Out for the Season (ACL)

Ann

Quick, to the Joe Signal!

3 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

It begins.

Never mind. :classic_laugh:

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Haha 6

Really sorry to hear about Hines. And while I understand the business -- as I'm sure Hines most certainly does -- it has to suck to wake up Sunday a.m. about to play a larger role in an explosive offense, sit on a water vehicle doing nothing, having a stupid (assume that to mean 'drunk') mutherphucker hit you to end your 2023 season, and before you can even have surgery, the team is trying out other players while sports journalist are explaining what this means to the team financially.

Like I said, it's a business and we all know it. 

But suffice it to say the last 24 hours have sucked massively for Hines.

Perhaps late in the season we can have Damar running back punts and see if he can repay Hines for the magic.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
53 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Quick, to the Joe Signal!

Never mind. :classic_laugh:

I’m far from being joe level pessimistic but ffs, a jet ski accident?

• Sad 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Marquise Hill died from one.  

Maybe NFL players should just avoid jet skis...

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Strictly went for the laugh there.

That said, this may just be me being very naïve, but if my body is my moneymaker, I spend very little time during my earning years doing anything that could potentially endanger my body.

Some might think "Well, dude, it's just a jet ski," but my entire 'protect my body' plan 100% includes not putting myself in places where *others* can hurt me. Lakes, jet skis and people who are attracted to both of those things are definitely on that list.

I'll be stunned to find out the dude that hit him wasn't batshit drunk, which goes hand-in-hand with lakes and jet skis.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like 3

Alaska Darin
21 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

That said, this may just be me being very naïve, but if my body is my moneymaker, I spend very little time during my earning years doing anything that could potentially endanger my body.

Some might think "Well, dude, it's just a jet ski," but my entire 'protect my body' plan 100% includes not putting myself in places where *others* can hurt me. Lakes, jet skis and people who are attracted to both of those things are definitely on that list.

I'll be stunned to find out the dude that hit him wasn't batshit drunk, which goes hand-in-hand with lakes and jet skis.

He could have just as easily gotten blasted in a grocery store parking lot.  I'm insanely aware of my surrounding at all times and I've still almost gotten run over a ridiculous number of times. 

The only way to keep other people from impacting your life is to basically stay insulated in the confines of your home.  Not super reasonable. 

• Cheers 2
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

He could have just as easily gotten blasted in a grocery store parking lot.  I'm insanely aware of my surrounding at all times and I've still almost gotten run over a ridiculous number of times. 

The only way to keep other people from impacting your life is to basically stay insulated in the confines of your home.  Not super reasonable. 

I understand. And I get that it sounds like I'm suggesting they be a shut in. I'm just suggesting, maybe, thinking twice about places that increase your chances of getting hurt. Like jet skis and lakes.

Put another way, I love to gamble. Give me a few hundred dollars, a good cigar, a cold beer and a 3-card poker or roulette table and I'm a happy man for a few hours. What I DON'T do it take my money, beer and cigar to a blackjack table with a couple of Asians sitting at it.

I don't mind losing. But I do mind losing for stupid reasons.

• Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
25 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Works for me.

25 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Except that I went out to Starbucks this afternoon, and nearly got hit twice.  

By people on cell phones, of course.  :wallbash:

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Works for me.

Good thing you weren't on a jet ski, I guess.

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Marquise Hill died from one.  

Maybe NFL players should just avoid jet skis...

My neighbor had the same thing happen. An inexperienced friend went to splash him by driving towards him and turning. I do it all the time towards shore. Issue is people forget you have to throttle to turn. So, back to my neighbor. He broke his pelvice and hip bone. Crazy fool was pulling transmissions in his shop two weeks later. 

53 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

54 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

This take is just stupid! Why would he be on a jetski in a grocery store parking lot. Even @Crap Throwing Clavin would want to face palm this one!

CarpetCrawler

Not that it matters a bit, but I wonder if it was someone he knew, a friend or family member, that hit him? That would be doubly awful.

3 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Not that it matters a bit, but I wonder if it was someone he knew, a friend or family member, that hit him? That would be doubly awful.

Or Isaiah Bowser......

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'll be honest I'm petrified that our star QB most likely has a pissed off ex-gf who was waiting for a ring. At this point, armed security should be put into place until the Bills win their first superbowl. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
33 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Works for me.

Are we sure those weren't planned hits?  You did name conner recently.  His ear must have been burning.

8 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I'll be honest I'm petrified that our star QB most likely has a pissed off ex-gf who was waiting for a ring. At this point, armed security should be put into place until the Bills win their first superbowl. 

Make no mistake: I am a walking, talking example of what happens when a woman is scorned.

I share your concern 100%.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Ann said:

who’s he? (Rhetorical question)

The Buffalo Bills are expected to sign running back Darrynton Evans after a workout with the team Monday, according to NFL reporter Aaron Wilson.  

covers the NFL and Texans for

@KPRC2, previously worked for The Houston Chronicle and The Baltimore Sun

Edited by Shady