Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Nyheim Hines Out for the Season (ACL)

Ann

Jabba The Hutt
3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

He could have just as easily gotten blasted in a grocery store parking lot.  I'm insanely aware of my surrounding at all times and I've still almost gotten run over a ridiculous number of times. 

The only way to keep other people from impacting your life is to basically stay insulated in the confines of your home.  Not super reasonable. 

2 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

I understand. And I get that it sounds like I'm suggesting they be a shut in. I'm just suggesting, maybe, thinking twice about places that increase your chances of getting hurt. Like jet skis and lakes.

Put another way, I love to gamble. Give me a few hundred dollars, a good cigar, a cold beer and a 3-card poker or roulette table and I'm a happy man for a few hours. What I DON'T do it take my money, beer and cigar to a blackjack table with a couple of Asians sitting at it.

I don't mind losing. But I do mind losing for stupid reasons.

How do you keep your beer cold for 10 minutes let alone multiple hours?:punchballs:

Jabba The Hutt
2 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

I'll be honest I'm petrified that our star QB most likely has a pissed off ex-gf who was waiting for a ring. At this point, armed security should be put into place until the Bills win their first superbowl. 

I got that **** on lockdown! That skank gets within 500 feet of him and she's got another thing coming!:spy:

Very tough break for Hines and the Bills.  He'll be missed in the return game and possibly in the offense.  I wouldn't be too sure about him not getting cut and the reported cap hit.  Contracts in the past had clauses that restricted a lot of "risky" activities and Jet skis, water skiing and many others could be among them.  No idea if clauses like that are still utilized or if they survived the most recent collective bargaining agreement.  

Terrible luck for him.  Wish him the best recovery.  

• Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
19 hours ago, Ninety-4 said:

Very tough break for Hines and the Bills.  He'll be missed in the return game and possibly in the offense.  I wouldn't be too sure about him not getting cut and the reported cap hit.  Contracts in the past had clauses that restricted a lot of "risky" activities and Jet skis, water skiing and many others could be among them.  No idea if clauses like that are still utilized or if they survived the most recent collective bargaining agreement.  

Terrible luck for him.  Wish him the best recovery.  

The CBA keeps NFL teams from cutting injured players.  I would be pretty surprised if the team tried not to pay him unless there was serious negligence on his part.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

The CBA keeps NFL teams from cutting injured players.  I would be pretty surprised if the team tried not to pay him unless there was serious negligence on his part.

Yes but he wasn't injured on the job.  Not arguing, I just think the nature of the off-season incident could be problematic.  

• Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
6 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Yes but he wasn't injured on the job.  Not arguing, I just think the nature of the off-season incident could be problematic.  

That's why the non-football injury list exists.  The bigger picture here is how the players will perceive the franchise's treatment of the player for what was essentially an accident.  Not much different than being in a car in a parking lot and having some yahoo end your season.

I wouldn't do a damn thing to Hines based on the current information.  There's just nothing good down that road.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 7/24/2023 at 1:12 PM, Nouseforaname said:

I'll be honest I'm petrified that our star QB most likely has a pissed off ex-gf who was waiting for a ring. At this point, armed security should be put into place until the Bills win their first superbowl. 

It can happen.

Just sayin'...ensure Josh has proper security.

• Sad 1
  • Wow 2
  • Popcorn 1

Nouseforaname
2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It can happen.

That must have been some good shit.

• Sad 1

Alaska Darin
4 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

It can happen.

2 heads,  one bucket?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
42 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

2 heads,  one bucket?

"There's a dick in my bucket, dear Liza, dear Liza..."

• Sad 1
  • Haha 3

Jabba The Hutt
On 7/26/2023 at 6:50 PM, IDBillzFan said:

Everybody knows you don't put it in a bucket.

image.jpeg.2751cdb6d085170dc3a3fcf8bb53b896.jpeg

My wife's family did not appreciate my thoughtful gift 10 years in a row:crying3:

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...