Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

NFL Viewing Map Week 18, 2024 On Page 1

Ann

On 12/1/2023 at 11:22 AM, Ann said:

I wonder why Tampa is showing a blackout for the late game? Same as Arizona last week?

Because they're being jerks about it, they could have allowed another game to be shown on a different network. I hope they lose by 3 td's to Carolina.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MothersMilk said:

Because they're being jerks about it, they could have allowed another game to be shown on a different network. I hope they lose by 3 td's to Carolina.

Imma guessin' you are in the Tampa viewing area? 

48 minutes ago, Ann said:

Imma guessin' you are in the Tampa viewing area? 

Thought you knew that from the hurricane threads. You all are getting the rain so far, we are getting next to nothing.

I've changed my mind, I hope Carolina wins by 4 td's. Either way, I'll watch what I want but it's just the principle of it. No Bucs fan around here is thrilled by Baker Mayfield... and to be honest, the fans I know are pretty much done with the season. And Todd.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

23 minutes ago, MothersMilk said:

Thought you knew that from the hurricane threads. You all are getting the rain so far, we are getting next to nothing.

If I did, I forgot. Apologies. 🙂 

We have gotten a lot of rain this past week, and boy did we need it. We have had next to nothing since July.

56 minutes ago, Ann said:

We have gotten a lot of rain this past week, and boy did we need it. We have had next to nothing since July.

No worries. I see we both got screwed out of the Skins/Fins game... on to the dark web.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, MothersMilk said:

No worries. I see we both got screwed out of the Skins/Fins game... on to the dark web.

Hubby wants to watch NE, so we are watching NE-Chargers on youtube

9 hours ago, Ann said:

We have gotten a months worth of rain in the last week. Is not helping to get the boys house dried in at all.

• Sad 2
  • Doh! 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Just after Americas team destroyed 

Who Jerry thinks is Murica’s team 

The Buffalo Bills took the Dallas Cowboys to task on Sunday, easily topping Week 15 of the NFL regular season.

The Fox matchup scored 26.34M viewers, up 23% over last year’s comparable window, according to Nielsen.
The game also managed nearly 10M more than the second most-watched, which was Fox’s earlier regional window.

The Chiefs-Patriots game was broadcast in a majority of markets to the tune of 16.4M viewers.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bills-cowboys-scores-easy-winner-173022123.html

Edited by Shady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

Those of us in Ra-cha-cha have been getting hosed on this for years.  We were close enough to lose out on blackouts (when those were a thing) just like Buffalo did every time but any non-OTA Network games that came up (going back to even the ESPN-TNT days) wouldn't get simulcast on one of the Big 4 OTA networks like the game would in Buffalo.

At least with the general home game blackouts before CBS got the AFC, the Syracuse NBC station would show the Bills game and those of us on the Eastern side of the Ra-cha-cha market could still pick up the game.  But when CBS got the AFC they relooked at exactly where the Syracuse market (and Baton Rouge market for Saints games as well) was and found a handful of houses and 1 closed restaurant that were officially in the Syracuse broadcast market that were within 75 miles of Rich Stadium as the crow flies and the games started getting blacked out in Syracuse as well.

How many friggin' tickets did Ralph end up not selling to people growing up in Syracuse who grew up Jest or Jints fans because those were the games that were always on TV there when the Bills were blacked out to extend out his precious blackout?  What a stupid friggin' policy.  They even a year or 2 afterwards adjusted those few properties officially into the Ra-cha-cha market so Syracuse would've been able to show the games, but no, Ralph would have none of those shenanagins.

• Cheers 3

57 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Those of us in Ra-cha-cha have been getting hosed on this for years.  We were close enough to lose out on blackouts (when those were a thing) just like Buffalo did every time but any non-OTA Network games that came up (going back to even the ESPN-TNT days) wouldn't get simulcast on one of the Big 4 OTA networks like the game would in Buffalo.

At least with the general home game blackouts before CBS got the AFC, the Syracuse NBC station would show the Bills game and those of us on the Eastern side of the Ra-cha-cha market could still pick up the game.  But when CBS got the AFC they relooked at exactly where the Syracuse market (and Baton Rouge market for Saints games as well) was and found a handful of houses and 1 closed restaurant that were officially in the Syracuse broadcast market that were within 75 miles of Rich Stadium as the crow flies and the games started getting blacked out in Syracuse as well.

How many friggin' tickets did Ralph end up not selling to people growing up in Syracuse who grew up Jest or Jints fans because those were the games that were always on TV there when the Bills were blacked out to extend out his precious blackout?  What a stupid friggin' policy.  They even a year or 2 afterwards adjusted those few properties officially into the Ra-cha-cha market so Syracuse would've been able to show the games, but no, Ralph would have none of those shenanagins.

Buffalo area sports bars Saturday night will be SRO.  Fun atmoshphere to be in.  

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Buffalo area sports bars Saturday night will be SRO.  Fun atmoshphere to be in.  

No doubt.  But it won't be because the Bills game isn't on broadcast TV.  Channel 2 will be showing it live.

An LA channel (likely their NBC affiliate) will also be showing it.  No other OTA broadcaster in the US will have it live.

• Cheers 1