Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2024 Super Bowl Commercials

Chandemonium

Ok old folks, I gotta know… was that a direct copy of an actual JFK ad but with pictures of RFK jr?

• I don't know 1

35 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

Ok old folks, I gotta know… was that a direct copy of an actual JFK ad but with pictures of RFK jr?

• Cheers 2

Deranged Rhino
1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

@Deranged Rhino find out for me who green-litva Twister remake.  They need a beating.

That one completely slipped my radar. Someone told me a few months ago they were remaking it - but I thought the person who told me that was joking. 😂

No need for that. There was barely a need for the first one. 🌪️ 

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That one completely slipped my radar. Someone told me a few months ago they were remaking it - but I thought the person who told me that was joking. 😂

Seriously.  Of all the &#%$ing movies to remake.  :facepalm:

Could be worse.  They could have remade Broken Arrow.

• Haha 2

Probably only seen in Ra-cha-cha, but William Mattar (local ambulence chaser specializing in auto accidents) did a Beethoven themed commercial that was great.  Will probably get old quick, but it might've been the best commercial of the night.

Chandemonium
1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Probably only seen in Ra-cha-cha, but William Mattar (local ambulence chaser specializing in auto accidents) did a Beethoven themed commercial that was great.  Will probably get old quick, but it might've been the best commercial of the night.

Our local ambulance chaser in Columbia SC had an *NSYNC bye bye bye music video spoof commercial that was pretty good. 

• Haha 2

They all seemed like an incredible waste of resources.  Would love to see the true ROI of the entire portfolio of ads from last night.  

• Like 1

IDBillzFan
17 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

C'mon, now, that first Twister is a freaking classic. I mean, other than feeling badly for Jamie Gertz, who will always be Star to me from 'The Lost Boys.'

But there was such great, campy, MST3K-like action in it, cows flying around notwithstanding. As always, Phillip Seymour Hoffman was hysterical. The scene where they're all in their vehicles chasing the tornado, with Hoffman riding with Gertz while the other guy is singing "Oklahoma" at the top of his lungs...just terrific.

And just when you think it can't get any better, they watch the guy who was their competition drive right into the tornado. 

Can't wait for the new one, no matter how bad it is.

Oh, and the Dunkin commercial was absolutely outstanding. My absolute favorite thing to watch is starts making fun of themselves. The Matt Damon bit was just terrific.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Oh, and the Dunkin commercial was absolutely outstanding. My absolute favorite thing to watch is starts making fun of themselves. The Matt Damon bit was just terrific.

That Dunkin commercial was good.

And I liked the State Farm/Arnold commercial that ended with him and Danny Devito.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, snafu said:

And I liked the State Farm/Arnold commercial that ended with him and Danny Devito.

Best two of the night.

IDBillzFan
51 minutes ago, snafu said:

I was wondering how many young people saw Arnold and DeVito and still have no idea what that was about.

• Like 1

Fansince88
4 hours ago, Ann said:

Best two of the night.

I would add RPBC to that. The over reacting was classic.

Edited by Fansince88

On 2/11/2024 at 5:06 PM, Chandemonium said:

It looked vaguely familiar so could either have been the real ad from ‘60 or a wonderfully crafted remake, complete with the era-appropriate sound and animation.  Anyway, it was the only commercial I noticed all day.

Fansince88
18 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Isn’t that site basically China eBay?  Ban that shit.

Yes. Hold on tight to your ID too,

• Like 2

IDBillzFan
On 2/12/2024 at 7:24 PM, KD in CA said:

Isn’t that site basically China eBay?  Ban that shit.

That site has bad things written all over it. It's like TikTok, but you give your banking information. 

But I've seen people at trade shows stand in a line for two hours in hopes of getting a t-shirt, so the idea that millions of people are giving all their personal and financial info to China for a $1.99 drone isn't surprising in the least.