Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

'24 Super Bowl LVIII Game Day Thread

Nouseforaname
19 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Yeah, you need the refs help!

Tell me how the refs helped the chiefs win the superbowl this year? I'm dying to hear it.

• O Rly 1

Nouseforaname
17 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Purdy didn't shit any bed...he played perfect all game, his WRs other than CMC let him down yet again. Kittle got injured and was a nonfactor.

He had some unbelievably bad throws, especially in that second half.

• Like 3
  • O Rly 1

9 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Tell me how the refs helped the chiefs win the superbowl this year? I'm dying to hear it.

The lack of holding calls was egregious. One? I mean some of ‘em were muggings. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Jabba The Hutt
20 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Not calling holding at all on the Chefs even though they were ripping down Bosa and Chase allowing Kermit to scamper constantly at the end/OT. Also the ref in the end zone that was starring into an armhook on SF WR by Chefs DB can't remember who it was?

• Like 3

Jabba The Hutt
22 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

He had some unbelievably bad throws, especially in that second half.

WRs quit on his throws, not on him. Jennings isn't good, Deebo and Aiyuk are meh.

IDBillzFan

Oh, and one other thought.

That Greenlaw injury was just incredible. He tore his freaking Achilles just heading out to play. I was ready to blame the turf, but that stadium uses a retractable grass field. 

Regardless, I can't imagine how upsetting it is to be a professional football player in the biggest game of the year and you tear your Achilles just running onto the field.

Nouseforaname

A 49ers friend of mine told me that Shanahan wasn't aware of the new overtime rules and is the reason he elected to receive.

• Facepalm 1

IDBillzFan
20 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

A 49ers friend of mine told me that Shanahan wasn't aware of the new overtime rules and is the reason he elected to receive.

There is some reporting today that many of the players were not aware, either. It's impossible to imagine how that could be.

3 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

I said « with luck only ».

Niners had the chance to put the game away on 3rd and 4 and Purdy/shan shit the bed. 

Chris Jones disrupts a pass destined for the End Zone.

Maybe Purdy should have focused on getting the first down.

Do you have thoughts on going for the first down vs. the TD in that situation?

• Sad 1

Billsandhorns
38 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

17 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

There is some reporting today that many of the players were not aware, either. It's impossible to imagine how that could be.

The official laid out the rules prior to the OT coin toss

• Like 2

IDBillzFan
5 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

You know what's funny? We're likely not even discussing this if the guy who went 60 of 61 on PATs this year doesn't miss the easiest kick he had to make all night.

• Like 2

Billsandhorns
Just now, IDBillzFan said:

You know what's funny? We're likely not even discussing this if the guy who went 60 of 61 on PATs this year doesn't miss the easiest kick he had to make all night.

The blocked one? Agreed

• Cheers 1

Nouseforaname
27 minutes ago, snafu said:

Chris Jones disrupts a pass destined for the End Zone.

Maybe Purdy should have focused on getting the first down.

Do you have thoughts on going for the first down vs. the TD in that situation?

I don't remember the play you're referring to. 

Nouseforaname
16 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

He wasn't paying attention.  He was watching tik-tok videos.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

For whatever this post-game take is worth...it won't add much to what's been discussed.

- While I readily admit I have essentially no athletic ability to my name, how come I can watch something like a professional sports competition where people are paid hundreds of millions of dollars, and can stand in my living room saying "This is a good time to run the ball, Shanahan. This is a good time, too. Why are you throwing the freaking ball here? Did you NOT watch the demise of the Ravens' season?"

- A healthy 2023 Bills teams would be making plans for a tickertape parade right now.

- The Taylor Swift thing is beyond annoying to me, but for a brief window last night, the first couple of times they needed to show her mug in the suite, something bad happened to the Chefs. In fact, the first Swift siting resulted in the fumble in the red zone. The second resulted in a big third down stop with a Mahomes near-sack. It was the best part of the game.

- I thought Nance and Romo did a great job.

- Few things are as predictable this time of year than social media being filled with people bashing the halftime show.

- For @Crap Throwing Clavin, the original Twister is one of those movies my family loves to watch, mostly because my son loved it as a kid, and still loves the family to watch it together. Last night, he texted me, a person who absolutely abhors going to the movie theater, with "We ARE going to theater for the new Twister."  :classic_laugh:

I like the original too.  I used to tell people who laughed at the idea of "competing scientific teams" that, yes it's funny, but it's also how science is done, considering that my master's degree was a big &#%$ you from my advisor to three Italian scientists about a graph that maybe seven people in the world cared about.  I still occasionally say "Rabbit is good, Rabbit is wise."

But it's a cheesy movie that still didn't even need to be remade, much less rebooted.  I wonder if it'll include Helen Hunt's Magically Dirt-Repellent T-Shirt.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Not calling holding at all on the Chefs even though they were ripping down Bosa and Chase allowing Kermit to scamper constantly at the end/OT. Also the ref in the end zone that was starring into an armhook on SF WR by Chefs DB can't remember who it was?

It was on McDuffie on Deebo. C’mon that was a weak interference call. They were both jockeying for position. If you’re going to call that you will call anything. There were plenty of no call holds on both sides. The throwback pass had a blatant hold along with possible offensive pass interference. They called grounding on Mahomes which could have gone either way. I have seen that not called as much as it is. After every game we see still shots going around showing holding. The reason you don’t see niners still holding is because we one and nobody cares.

Once again Spags showed why he’s the best. He dictates the offensive game plan with his defense. The top 3 teams in DVOA to lose a Super Bowl have all lost to Spags. The last two Niners teams and the Pats when they were undefeated and lost to the Giants. Pretty crazy.

• clown 2

Nouseforaname
8 minutes ago, Carptom1 said:

It was on McDuffie on Deebo. C’mon that was a weak interference call. They were both jockeying for position. If you’re going to call that you will call anything. There were plenty of no call holds on both sides. The throwback pass had a blatant hold along with possible offensive pass interference. They called grounding on Mahomes which could have gone either way. I have seen that not called as much as it is. After every game we see still shots going around showing holding. The reason you don’t see niners still holding is because we one and nobody cares.

Once again Spags showed why he’s the best. He dictates the offensive game plan with his defense. The top 3 teams in DVOA to lose a Super Bowl have all lost to Spags. The last two Niners teams and the Pats when they were undefeated and lost to the Giants. Pretty crazy.

Your group of douchebags won a superbowl on a similar call.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IDBillzFan
22 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I’m wrong maybe there was holdings. 

The holding calls that weren't called were so obvious last night, even my wife noticed them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1