Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

'24 Super Bowl LVIII Game Day Thread

expos4ever
4 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

We counted 21 times altogether including Trophy time.

As soon as it was clear there were no flags on the KC overtime touchdown, I scratched myself in a manner most unseemly, belched loudly in disgust, and went to bed, hoping against all hope that amnesia would forever expunge the game from mind.

Although my skin is still crawling at the way the 2023 season ended, I remain forever optimistic  - one day our ship will come in.

Edited by expos4ever
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Jabba The Hutt
57 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

I’m wrong maybe there was holdings. 

And that occurred on most plays after the 1st half. Bosa and Chase were destroying Kermit, after that one play where he layed on the ground starring at the refs in disbelief that he was getting obliterated every play that's when the holdings began and the flags stopped flying.

• Cheers 3

Alaska Darin
8 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Actually it appears to be 25 million.  My bad. The 70 is actually the difference between what we have and what they have since we’re 50 over the cap. 

Jones and Snead aren't signed...

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
18 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Shanahan got his pants coached off in the red zone.  As usual.  He’s the world’s stupidest super genius.

I’m ok with taking it in OT even with a FG.  You can say KC is in 4 down mode on their drive but not really once their inside the SF 40 or so.  Stop them once and make them kick a FG then you have the advantage again.

If you're the second team, you go for 2 to win the game.  You do not give the ball back to the other team.  Period.

• Like 4

4merper4mer
1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

If you're the second team, you go for 2 to win the game.  You do not give the ball back to the other team.  Period.

2 point conversions have a 47.5 percent success rate which would be a slight disadvantage.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
Just now, 4merper4mer said:

2 point conversions have a 47.5 percent success rate which would be a slight disadvantage.

I need 2 yards to win a Super Bowl.  I'm taking that bet every single time.

• Like 2

4merper4mer
2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I need 2 yards to win a Super Bowl.  I'm taking that bet every single time.

And losing 52.5 percent of the time.

My point is that the system intends to make it relatively even to choose to kick or receive and I think it achieves that.  In a playoff game in weather I think there is advantage for winning the flip and choosing to have a wind advantage.  

Alaska Darin
1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

And losing 52.5 percent of the time.

My point is that the system intends to make it relatively even to choose to kick or receive and I think it achieves that.  In a playoff game in weather I think there is advantage for winning the flip and choosing to have a wind advantage.  

You are introducing parameters that were not in play last night.  And there is literally ZERO data for last night's situation because no game has ever been played under these rules.  One team had Shanahan/Purdy and the other had Reid/Mahomes.  Anyone who didn't think Reid was going to keep going for 4th downs until he jammed that thing into the endzone doesn't follow football.

Last night, 100% of the time you kick the ball off and see what you need to win the game.  The Chiefs played it absolutely correctly and the Niners did the exact opposite. 

• Sad 1

expos4ever
1 hour ago, expos4ever said:

......., I remain forever optimistic  - one day our ship will come in.

I was just thinking - although I am very new here, I feel a certain kinship with fellow Bills fans. When we finally get our Super Bowl, we, our our descendants as the case may be, should get together in person if at all possible to celebrate.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

4merper4mer
32 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

You are introducing parameters that were not in play last night.  And there is literally ZERO data for last night's situation because no game has ever been played under these rules.  One team had Shanahan/Purdy and the other had Reid/Mahomes.  Anyone who didn't think Reid was going to keep going for 4th downs until he jammed that thing into the endzone doesn't follow football.

Last night, 100% of the time you kick the ball off and see what you need to win the game.  The Chiefs played it absolutely correctly and the Niners did the exact opposite. 

The Chiefs had no choice so let’s not give them credit.

Are you actually saying that if the Chiefs were 4th and 4 at the SF 25 in OT they’d have eschewed the FG?  4th and 8?  12?

Fansince88
9 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Worst part of the game was still finding out there's a Twister remake.  

Is Taylor Swift in it? Does it happen in Tokyo? So many questions!

Edit: Loved the first one. Fun fact for you. We lost our local Drive in, Bay Drive-in in Alex Bay NY from a Microburst in July of 1995. They did rebuild and the first movie I saw there in 1996 was.....Twister as the feature film along with Spy Hard as the 2nd film of the night. 2 movies at the time fir 4.50$. From the rebuild they were able to put in a second screen and now play 4 movies a week. 

Small part of this is the drive-in https://www.wwnytv.com/2020/07/15/years-later-remembering-microburst/

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 1

Fansince88
6 hours ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

We counted 21 times altogether including Trophy time.

You watched that? Why do that to yourself?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Your group of douchebags won a superbowl on a similar call.

Funny but not the same. First off two guys battling for position on a deep throw in the end zone is not the same as a jersey grab to affect a receiver’s route. We can discuss if it should have been called or not but it was a penalty. I watched the one last night several times and really couldn’t determine who was hooking who. McDuffie was in perfect position and batted the ball down regardless.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The Chiefs had no choice so let’s not give them credit.

Are you actually saying that if the Chiefs were 4th and 4 at the SF 25 in OT they’d have eschewed the FG?  4th and 8?  12?

The difference is several chiefs players commented Reid and the coaches reviewed the playoff OT rules in training camp and decided it made more sense to defer as they always do. Armstead remarked he had no clue and found out about them when he read them on the Jumbotron at the end of regulation. It makes no sense to take it. Going second you are assured of four downs instead of three. Several players also said they had decided at that time they would go for two if the opportunity presented itself as stated earlier. I would rather have one play to win than to have your gassed defense try to save a field goal try.

• Like 1

Keukasmallie

So for seventeen games during the regular season the overtime rules say one thing; coaches and players operate within those rules.  Then the NFL changes the rules for the SB...?  What a stupid way to operate; that's a NASCAR approach if I ever heard of one!

Nouseforaname
1 hour ago, Keukasmallie said:

So for seventeen games during the regular season the overtime rules say one thing; coaches and players operate within those rules.  Then the NFL changes the rules for the SB...?  What a stupid way to operate; that's a NASCAR approach if I ever heard of one!

The nhl has different overtime rules for the regular season and playoffs.

Keukasmallie
22 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

As I said....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

NHL regular season overtime is asinine.

NHL and “good decisionmaking” isn’t a thing.

• Applause 2