Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL 2024 Season

Foxx

20 hours ago, Ann said:

* Hardman candidly admitted that, by that point, "I was so checked out, like, it was over with. I had already talked to (KC GM Brett) Veach and Pat (Mahomes), like, ‘Come get me.’" Two weeks later, he was traded back to KC.

This is probably the most honest assessment of the Jets season that I've read.  There was apparently no plan except for 'Aaron, go out there and do your stuff'.

image.thumb.png.b0407c8c2f3b5910677c02526302bcfb.png

• Like 2

Spartacus

Lack of training staff and nutrition planning is pretty much inexcusable.

but would explain how Epenesa was directed to lose 50 lbs with limited direction and follow up

https://buffalonews.com/sports/professional/nfl/bills/nflpa-survey-bills-mostly-rank-well-but-players-cite-three-concerns/article_268d7e3c-d65c-11ee-8789-e3a0964936b3.html

The Bills’ grades …

Treatment of families (family room, day care during games, etc.): B (sixth out of 32 teams).

Food/cafeteria: C (23rd).

Nutritionist/Dietitian: D-plus (29th).

Locker room: B-plus (eighth).

Training room: B-plus (eighth).

Training staff: B (19th).

Weight room: A-plus (second).

Strength coaches: A (third).

Team travel: D (25th).

Head coach: A (12th).

Ownership: A-minus (eighth).

New categories this year were nutritionist/dietitian, ownership and head coach.

The players expressed frustration in their responses that the biggest people (the players) must sit in the smallest seats, while the coaches and auxiliary staff get to sit in first class.”

The second issue, per the union, is Bills players feel there is still a lack of training staff, particularly physical therapists despite hiring an additional trainer last year.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
19 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Lack of training staff and nutrition planning is pretty much inexcusable.

but would explain how Epenesa was directed to lose 50 lbs with limited direction and follow up

https://buffalonews.com/sports/professional/nfl/bills/nflpa-survey-bills-mostly-rank-well-but-players-cite-three-concerns/article_268d7e3c-d65c-11ee-8789-e3a0964936b3.html

The Bills’ grades …

Treatment of families (family room, day care during games, etc.): B (sixth out of 32 teams).

Food/cafeteria: C (23rd).

Nutritionist/Dietitian: D-plus (29th).

Locker room: B-plus (eighth).

Training room: B-plus (eighth).

Training staff: B (19th).

Weight room: A-plus (second).

Strength coaches: A (third).

Team travel: D (25th).

Head coach: A (12th).

Ownership: A-minus (eighth).

New categories this year were nutritionist/dietitian, ownership and head coach.

The players expressed frustration in their responses that the biggest people (the players) must sit in the smallest seats, while the coaches and auxiliary staff get to sit in first class.”

The second issue, per the union, is Bills players feel there is still a lack of training staff, particularly physical therapists despite hiring an additional trainer last year.

That's a really disappointing read after seeing all the injuries the last two seasons.  Nutrition and training are the two biggest pillars of injury avoidance.  

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

That's a really disappointing read after seeing all the injuries the last two seasons.  Nutrition and training are the two biggest pillars of injury avoidance.  

And not playing for Mike McDaniel.

• Applause 1

Spartacus
10 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

yeah, but they have fancy weight training equipment

IDBillzFan
6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

So much for "wants to win the Super Bowl."

But I bet he and DHop had a lot of fun at the Pro Bowl.

• Haha 1

KD in CA
17 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

So much for "wants to win the Super Bowl."

I guess his agent sniffed around and determined KC, Buffalo, Cincy, Dallas, Baltimore, etc., were more interested in their own FAs than breaking the bank for another veteran WR.  Or maybe not.  Evans will add nearly 50% to his career earning to date over the next two years.  I'd have done that too if I was looking at a 50 year retirement.

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
5 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I guess his agent sniffed around and determined KC, Buffalo, Cincy, Dallas, Baltimore, etc., were more interested in their own FAs than breaking the bank for another veteran WR.  Or maybe not.  Evans will add nearly 50% to his career earning to date over the next two years.  I'd have done that too if I was looking at a 50 year retirement.

I don't blame him for staying in place and taking the money but if that was even a possibility, then don't go public with "I wanna play with an elite QB and win the SB".  Right now you don't even have a QB to play with and Tampa just cut one of their very best players. So...

KD in CA
3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't blame him for staying in place and taking the money but if that was even a possibility, then don't go public with "I wanna play with an elite QB and win the SB".  Right now you don't even have a QB to play with and Tampa just cut one of their very best players. So...

At this point, it's just the standard non-answer for pending FAs.  I agree that Leonard Floyd's answer to the same question -- as sad as it is for Bills fans -- is much more honest and refreshing.

• Cheers 2