Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Around the NFL 2024 Season

Foxx

IDBillzFan
26 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Moss gets almost as much as Ekeler? WtF???

Moss has done nothing but show up prepared every time his number was called as a backup, and I'm thrilled to see this success for him.  I love that he unseat Mixon.

But at the risk of speaking above my pay grade, it also speaks to the way Beane handles the RB position, getting young dudes to carry the load and trading them before they get too expensive.

I think Cook may be different because of his ability to catch out of the backfield, especially if he can improve on picking up the blitz, but the RB position is a short-lived position these days. There is no 'franchise' running back and its not worth getting caught in cap hell because of one.

Again, I could easily be wrong about this. Just the way it feels.

• Like 3

Jabba The Hutt
34 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Moss has done nothing but show up prepared every time his number was called as a backup, and I'm thrilled to see this success for him.  I love that he unseat Mixon.

But at the risk of speaking above my pay grade, it also speaks to the way Beane handles the RB position, getting young dudes to carry the load and trading them before they get too expensive.

I think Cook may be different because of his ability to catch out of the backfield, especially if he can improve on picking up the blitz, but the RB position is a short-lived position these days. There is no 'franchise' running back and its not worth getting caught in cap hell because of one.

Again, I could easily be wrong about this. Just the way it feels.

McCaffrey IS a franchise RB though and worth every penny.

IDBillzFan
21 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

McCaffrey IS a franchise RB though and worth every penny.

Okay. I stand corrected. There's one franchise rb. Maybe two. 

Original point remains. In lieu of the occasional McCaffrey, recycle your RB position. 

Or throw your money at a Barkley, L'aveon Bell, Jacobs, Najee Harris, Aaron Jones, etc.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Blessed Believer
14 hours ago, Ann said:

Joe Schoen  needs to make big moves to pacify the restless NY media and fans.  This one should help with that.  Most don’t  care that much about the money anyhow….he would have received about $24 million being franchised. So $30 over 5years is no big deal. Giant fans will like Burns + Thibs+ Sexy Dexy wrecking havoc on opposing QBs.  Schoen did well.  But he still needs a QB and lost his best one- Tyrod Taylor to the Jets. 

Edited by Blessed Believer
Typo

Blessed Believer
16 hours ago, Ann said:

Great pick up by NY. I hated to lose Devin last year, but glad he is reunited with Dabs. Without Barkley, DS should be the man, although NY is high on last years’ draft- Eric Gray I believe is his name. And there is a big difference in the money spent which should allow for NY to continue to strengthen their OL, which has been their weakness. 

Jabba The Hutt
10 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

Okay. I stand corrected. There's one franchise rb. Maybe two. 

Original point remains. In lieu of the occasional McCaffrey, recycle your RB position. 

Or throw your money at a Barkley, L'aveon Bell, Jacobs, Najee Harris, Aaron Jones, etc.

Or trade for McCaffrey 🫠

Alaska Darin
18 minutes ago, Ann said:

Falcons have a NICE skill position group around Cousins.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Falcons have a NICE skill position group around Cousins.

Problem is: they have Cousins.

• Like 1