Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

State of the Union Speech 2024

Ann

Crap Throwing Clavin
18 hours ago, B-Man said:

"To fight crime caused by newly-arrived undocumented Americans, I will be asking Congress to pass laws banning women jogging!"

Wouldn't put it past them.  They're already stripping women of rights in favor of trans people, why not illegals?

• Like 2

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Uncle Joe

• Ann

• Crap Throwing Clavin

• Cinga

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I'm reading the president plans to take credit for how great the economy is doing.

It's so great, even a kid knows what's going on. "I don't want to be an adult."

That's okay.  Democrats don't want you to be an adult either.  They want you to forever remain a child taken complete care of by the government.

• Applause 2

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

He was making a joke, but that it’s believable shows where we are right now.

Oh I knew it was a joke, but if I said that it would have taken away the fun people had going to find out for themselves. Like you said, the number of people that believe it because of Biden is actually half the fun! 

36 minutes ago, Hedge said:

That's only to assure that Congress doesn't get up and walk out on him

BIDEN TO OPEN GAZA PORT

Politico reports that President Biden has a big announcement to make tonight. During his State of the Union address, he will order the military to establish a temporary port in Gaza so more humanitarian aid can get to Palestinians in need. Enough with the airdrops, or to supplement the airdrops. We’re going in big time to keep Hamas in business.

It’s not clear to me if this slam comes from the administration sources briefing Politico, but it sounds like it: “The U.S. is resorting to this military mission because Israel isn’t letting in enough aid to alleviate the humanitarian crisis caused by the Israel-Hamas war plaguing 2.2 million Palestinians in Gaza.”

And then we have this: “Planning for the maritime corridor [to supply the port] still faces many execution challenges, namely how to offload, secure and distribute the aid.” Hamas will lend a hand. Of that we can be sure.

They are still working out the details, but you can’t be too cynical: “Arguably the hardest part is dispersing the aid throughout the whole of Gaza. The multinational coalition will rely on the United Nations, non-governmental organizations and other groups to ensure the assistance gets to the right places.” It’s good to know they will have the friends of Hamas within the UN on board with the plan. It only makes sense.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2024/03/biden-to-resupply-hamas-directly.php

• Facepalm 2
  • Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
40 minutes ago, B-Man said:

BIDEN TO OPEN GAZA PORT

Politico reports that President Biden has a big announcement to make tonight. During his State of the Union address, he will order the military to establish a temporary port in Gaza so more humanitarian aid can get to Palestinians in need. Enough with the airdrops, or to supplement the airdrops. We’re going in big time to keep Hamas in business.

It’s not clear to me if this slam comes from the administration sources briefing Politico, but it sounds like it: “The U.S. is resorting to this military mission because Israel isn’t letting in enough aid to alleviate the humanitarian crisis caused by the Israel-Hamas war plaguing 2.2 million Palestinians in Gaza.”

And then we have this: “Planning for the maritime corridor [to supply the port] still faces many execution challenges, namely how to offload, secure and distribute the aid.” Hamas will lend a hand. Of that we can be sure.

They are still working out the details, but you can’t be too cynical: “Arguably the hardest part is dispersing the aid throughout the whole of Gaza. The multinational coalition will rely on the United Nations, non-governmental organizations and other groups to ensure the assistance gets to the right places.” It’s good to know they will have the friends of Hamas within the UN on board with the plan. It only makes sense.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2024/03/biden-to-resupply-hamas-directly.php

"...Israel isn’t letting in enough aid..."

Seriously, has anyone talked to the Egyptians about this?  Two countries are blockading Gaza.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Hedge said:

Democracy has to be protected from the people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

BIDEN TO OPEN GAZA PORT

Next step will be to begin evacuating them to America

4merper4mer
7 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Just occurred to me that there is a slight, but real, chance that Biden wanders away from the podium mid-speech.

And a slight, but real, chance he gets lost on his way to the podium.

I usually skip the speech, and just read the text the next morning.  But this could be a SOTU worth watching.

He’ll be more juiced up than Barry Bonds, Hulk Hogan, Gronk, the hyper chick from Real Genius and the don’t taze me bro guy all rolled into one.

• Like 2

MothersMilk

Joe has already joined a psychedelic band. Waiting for this is like waiting for a preseason Sunday night game...

• Like 1

Uncle Joe
22 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

He’ll be more juiced up than Barry Bonds, Hulk Hogan, Gronk, the hyper chick from Real Genius and the don’t taze me bro guy all rolled into one.

So "old man yells at sky for the win"?

4merper4mer

I hope it’s wrong but some blurb just said part of the speech will be about how he’ll help cure cancer.