Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bye week rejuvenation

GG1

Some numbers to back what we're seeing with our eyes.

Since the bye week, the Bills:

Score 6.55 more points per game

Allow 7.8 less points per game

Gain 2.2 more 1st downs per game

Allow 2.95 less 1st downs per game

Gain 35.75 more yards per game

Allow 61.8 less yards per game (Defense would be ranked top 5 in last 4 weeks)

Gain 37.15 more rush yards per game

Allow 47.75 less rush yards per game (Would be much better if not for Denver's stealth 140 rush yards)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GG1 said:

Are we back to dinosaur tail math?  They had 30.5 avg ToP pre-bye, and 33.2 avg ToP post-bye,

lol. that means the opposing team also had it 2.65 less then.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

And teams the Bills played before the bye have a 52% winning percentage; after the bye, 47%.

Not an insignificant difference, but not enough of one to account for the Bills improvement, either.

That’s crazy considering we played the winless Jets twice before the bye, and the 11-1 Steelers after. I guess that just shows how tough the rest of the pre-bye schedule was, and/or how easy the rest of the post bye schedule has been. 

• Like 1

More fun with numbers.  

Remember the old 3rd quarter blues?

Pre-bye in 3Q Bills averaged 2.1 points- Allowed 6.3 points (TDs only in the statistics)

Post-bye in 3Q Bills averaged 10.5 points- Allowed 3.5 points (TDs only in the statistics)

I'll add that the Bills are excelling in the middle two quarters, while adding one extra TD per game.  They haven't needed Josh's heroics in 4Q in this 4 game run.

Edited by GG1
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, GG1 said:

They haven't needed Josh's heroics in 4Q in this 4 game run.

Seeing more Moss than Josh in the 4Q has been a very welcome development lately.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, GG1 said:

According to this they now lead the league in 3rd down conversions, helped by 55% rate in the last 3 games.   Look at the difference with last year.

Is that where you were getting all of this? I tried to look during free time at work for info but ran out of time to compile it.

For those that ever get the chance you need to spend a quarter watching a game from the high seats with GG. Probably one of my favorite quarters ever as we discussed the schemes, broke down the plays, etc. Just amazing play by play between the two of us - he knows football. That was over 5 years ago, easily.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Boyst said:

Is that where you were getting all of this? I tried to look during free time at work for info but ran out of time to compile it.

For those that ever get the chance you need to spend a quarter watching a game from the high seats with GG. Probably one of my favorite quarters ever as we discussed the schemes, broke down the plays, etc. Just amazing play by play between the two of us - he knows football. That was over 5 years ago, easily.

I only used this site for the 3rd down conversions.  For the others, I download the Pro Football Reference stats and run with those.

I haven't done much football analysis ATOP lately.  Too much noise.  Fun to be back at it here.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, GG1 said:

I only used this site for the 3rd down conversions.  For the others, I download the Pro Football Reference stats and run with those.

I haven't done much football analysis ATOP lately.  Too much noise.  Fun to be back at it here.

I haven't had the time to watch games like I did before. The urge has come to make time. Its been a very long time. ATOP I loved doing pbp in the shoutbox, calling plays, coverages, etc. I made Romo look like he learned from me 😁

I'll check out pfr this weekend. I want to see the correlation if listed of checks allen makes now and time he holds the ball. I have a theory on that where he is holding the ball less time but making more reads that earlier in the year.