Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bye week rejuvenation

GG1

Starting with Seattle, every team we've played has lost their next game.  We are not only beating these teams, we are beating them up.  Our coaching staff is also sending out blueprints on how to get it done.  Anyone notice that since the BILLS' game no one is talking about Russell Wilson as the MVP anymore?  That's directly related to both the beating we laid on him AND the fact that teams are blitzing the daylights out of him thanks to McDermott/Frazier lighting that beacon.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Starting with Seattle, every team we've played has lost their next game.  We are not only beating these teams, we are beating them up.  Our coaching staff is also sending out blueprints on how to get it done.  Anyone notice that since the BILLS' game no one is talking about Russell Wilson as the MVP anymore?  That's directly related to both the beating we laid on him AND the fact that teams are blitzing the daylights out of him thanks to McDermott/Frazier lighting that beacon.

I need to watch more football. I've watched some games recently and was surprised how good the coverage has been, the sideshows aside, and the BS cut. Only MMF has the whole sideshow of BS. The CBS, Fox, and NBC have been well produced (low produced) football games. They're fun to watch vs just a year ago or 3 years ago. They've came off that NASCAR type ride over branding everyone and everything. 

Seeing you say the Bills are doing this to other teams and their next game: I need to watch more football. 

36 minutes ago, Boyst said:

Seeing you say the Bills are doing this to other teams and their next game: I need to watch more football. 

I can kind of understand if you're like Chef Jim and you don't want to waste three or four hours on Sunday because you don't care any more, but if you turned off the game because you didn't like the theatrics, then I highly recommend you start tuning in because this team is -- Ishityounot -- one of the best teams in the NFL right now, and they can absolutely beat anyone with the way they're playing.

If you eliminate the Hail Mary in the Arizona game, the Bills last drive would have gone down as THE Bills seasonal moment that would be remembered forever. The throw and catch to pull ahead with seconds on the clock was one of the best you'll see from anyone.

The Seattle game is totally worthy re-watching if you get the chance, though watching it unfold in real time is hard to beat because you were probably half way through the second quarter before you realize they had no intention to run the ball at all, and Allen was throwing darts for four straight quarters while the D put an end to Wilson For MVP talk.

This is the best Bills football you've seen in years. Be a shame to miss it.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 3

30 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I can kind of understand if you're like Chef Jim and you don't want to waste three or four hours on Sunday because you don't care any more, but if you turned off the game because you didn't like the theatrics, then I highly recommend you start tuning in because this team is -- Ishityounot -- one of the best teams in the NFL right now, and they can absolutely beat anyone with the way they're playing.

If you eliminate the Hail Mary in the Arizona game, the Bills last drive would have gone down as THE Bills seasonal moment that would be remembered forever. The throw and catch to pull ahead with seconds on the clock was one of the best you'll see from anyone.

The Seattle game is totally worthy re-watching if you get the chance, though watching it unfold in real time is hard to beat because you were probably half way through the second quarter before you realize they had no intention to run the ball at all, and Allen was throwing darts for four straight quarters while the D put an end to Wilson For MVP talk.

Oh, I've been watching the Bills play. Even if from my phone riding around on the tractor. I had to settle for listening to a few games (ones I knew would be easy gimmes). I even watched one on the middle of what was my informal honeymoon much to the dismay of my wife.  But she will become a Bills fan soon. I am buying her a Bills hoody to match everything else Bills related I got her. My step son is helping indoctrinate her after I got to him. The blue buffalo team is his favorite and he likes "Josh, number 17 because he scores points," and " Tre and Jordan because they squirt each other with water bottles and dance." 

This team is magic.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Pete Carroll’s press conference after that game was hilarious. When they asked him why the defense struggled he said they had a great plan for if the Bills ran it. 😂

20 hours ago, Boyst said:

Is that where you were getting all of this? I tried to look during free time at work for info but ran out of time to compile it.

For those that ever get the chance you need to spend a quarter watching a game from the high seats with GG. Probably one of my favorite quarters ever as we discussed the schemes, broke down the plays, etc. Just amazing play by play between the two of us - he knows football. That was over 5 years ago, easily.

I’d love to get to a game some day and meet up with some of you. I wonder what the scene would be at Hammer’s Lot though with the ATOP people and we “The Departed.” 

51 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I’d love to get to a game some day and meet up with some of you. I wonder what the scene would be at Hammer’s Lot though with the ATOP people and we “The Departed.” 

I'd been banned there for 2 openers and still welcomed. You'd be fine. The atmosphere is chill.

41 minutes ago, Boyst said:

I'd been banned there for 2 openers and still welcomed. You'd be fine. The atmosphere is chill.

We never get there in time to park in the lot, so we just set up shop across the street.

19 minutes ago, GG1 said:

We never get there in time to park in the lot, so we just set up shop across the street.

It was last year or the year before that Bob Lamb stopped by just to tell everyone hello. I think you have been around long enough to remember him

14 minutes ago, Boyst said:

It was last year or the year before that Bob Lamb stopped by just to tell everyone hello. I think you have been around long enough to remember him

Of course.  Bob is one of the originals.  He started the Bills chatroom on Prodigy.  Then Dan Valentine followed with the Bills listserv, where I met most of the people on the prehistoric days of the Internet.

• Like 1

Update - Since the bye week, the Bills:

Score 7.4 more points per game

Allow 9.7 less points per game

Gain 3.2 more 1st downs per game

Allow 4.8 less 1st downs per game

Gain 48.1 more yards per game

Allow 83.9 less yards per game (Defense would be ranked top 5 in last 4 weeks)

Gain 36.2 more rush yards per game

Allow 36.2 less rush yards per game

In comparison with KC, the performance has flipped.  In the first 8 weeks, KC was outscoring its opponents by 12.6 points, in the last 7 weeks, the margin of victory is under 4.  They're also averaging almost one full turnover per game since then.  KC has not been playing great as of late and have benefitted from major breaks to eek out wins.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GG1 said:

Score 7.4 more points per game

Allow 9.7 less points per game

Gain 3.2 more 1st downs per game

Allow 4.8 less 1st downs per game

Gain 48.1 more yards per game

Allow 83.9 less yards per game (Defense would be ranked top 5 in last 4 weeks)

Gain 36.2 more rush yards per game

Allow 36.2 less rush yards per game

In comparison with KC, the performance has flipped.  In the first 8 weeks, KC was outscoring its opponents by 12.6 points, in the last 7 weeks, the margin of victory is under 4.  They're also averaging almost one full turnover per game since then.  KC has not been playing great as of late and have benefitted from major breaks to eek out wins.

The team through the first three quarters of each game since the bye has been absolutely phenomenal.  Coasting in the 4th Quarter on Defense -- except, I think, last night.  Even though a lot of starters rested, there was little let-up against NE; no garbage time points allowed.

As for KC (this is going to sound like a stupid comment) but their team has to play through all 4 quarters and that probably will help them in the playoffs if they get into a close game.  There's a fine balance between resting/protecting starters and making sure they're ready for a full 60 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Slacking off a bit on the update.

Score 11 more points per game

Allow 8.17 less points per game

Gain 2.7 more 1st downs per game

Allow 3.4 less 1st downs per game

Gain 53 more yards per game

Allow 56 less yards per game (Defense would be ranked top 5 in last 4 weeks)

Gain 27 more rush yards per game

Allow 41 less rush yards per game

• Like 3