Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bass-o-Matic

Alaska Darin

Man, i will be first to say i was really, really shaky on this dude first 6 games or so...but i never trust any kicker, ever. I truly think every time a kicker lines up a FG for the Bills, he gunna miss it. And i think every opposing kicker is always gunna make it. 

BBFS at its best

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

The thing I love about his kicks, beyond the general accuracy, are his kickoffs that have to be brought out. Every once in a while someone sneaks by, but we see more plays like the opening kickoff vs. Denver, when Matakevich blew up the kick returner at about the 10. Similar thing happened vs. the *Patriots at, I think, the 8. 

This is intentional and it's beautiful to see the returner bringing the ball in at the 1 or 2 and realize he has to run it out, only to get slobberknockered inside the 15.

Been a long time since all three phases were cooking at the same time.

• Like 2

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

Tonight, by adding 8 points to his season total bringing him to 141, Tyler Bass and his stupid eye black broke Steve Christie’s team record (140) established in 1998.

• Like 5

Chandemonium
39 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

Tonight, by adding 8 points to his season total bringing him to 141, Tyler Bass and his stupid eye black broke Steve Christie’s team record (140) established in 1998.

When they mentioned that he needed 8 on the wgr pregame show, I thought 2 FG and 2 PAT might be a lot to ask with our backups playing significant snaps against a tough defense :classic_ninja:

• Like 4

12 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Okay...so who needs to apologize to Bass for wanting him cut after his week 1 performance?

my wife says she getting a Bass jersey cause me and my buddies were so hard on him after that miss in the 2nd Jet game...that is when I was full on..we too good to have a rook kicker..get him out now!!!!

• Haha 1

In retrospect, keeping Bass was one of the best moves The Bills did this year. Hope he’s a Bill for a long time. He could become a great one. 

Gogolak got stolen from us by the Maras. Gary Anderson scammed Chuck Knox into cutting him because he didn't make a single field goal during the preseason. Knox was old school and that ethic wouldn’t allow him to keep him on the team. :mad2:

Christie was probably the best kicker we had since Gogolak, and Haus was very good too, but I think Bass is a special talent. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

my wife says she getting a Bass jersey cause me and my buddies were so hard on him after that miss in the 2nd Jet game...that is when I was full on..we too good to have a rook kicker..get him out now!!!!

The Athletic had a nice article on Heath Farwell, the BILLS' special teams coach.

https://theathletic.com/2303217/2021/01/05/heath-farwell-bills-seahawks-vikings-special-teams/?article_source=search&search_query=heath farwell

"Part of the issue was holder/punter Corey Bojorquez not efficiently spinning the laces outward for Bass’ foot. Bojorquez turned 24 during the season, giving Buffalo the NFL’s youngest kicking duo."

They didn't allude to anything else in the article regarding Bass' early seasons struggles.

• Like 2

https://theathletic.com/2271180/2020/12/19/tyler-bass-bills-playoffs/?article_source=search&search_query=heath farwell

“I have to tell him to turn it back a little bit in practice — he’s running 80 yards trying to run down Andre Roberts on a kickoff return,” Farwell says. “We’re doing scout team, supposed to be doing kickoff return, and he’s doing a full sprint trying to run down our All-Pro returner. I’m going, ‘Hey buddy, don’t get hurt out here.’ But he’s a tough guy. He’s not your normal kicker. I mean that as a compliment. He’s a competitor. The players here love him because he’s not your normal kicker. He’s a football player that wants to be just one of the guys, and he happens to be really good at kicking.”

“He’s just a dog, man,” Feliciano says. “The way he holds himself, if you sit down and talk to him, you’ll see he don’t take no crap. I mean, he’s a kicker. He’s a dog for a kicker. It’s all relative.”

• Like 2