Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

A Quick Laugh to Get By

Foxx

On 1/6/2023 at 4:34 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

That poor innocent dinosaur.

Though I would like to know how green this guy's time machine is. What kind of carbon and/or temporal footprint did he leave to ruin Thunburg's childhood?

23 hours ago, Ann said:

C75901AB-F316-4817-B33D-CA8B07DADA49.thumb.jpeg.8d2ad2d6eb19513c08e4a86e9361b5cf.jpeg

I am in constant battle with my 3 girls over control of the car radio.

According to them, anything ‘60-‘90s, classic rock, soft rock, ‘80 alternative, etc “all sounds the same”.  lol

• Doh! 2

34 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I am in constant battle with my 3 girls over control of the car radio.

According to them, anything ‘60-‘90s, classic rock, soft rock, ‘80 alternative, etc “all sounds the same”.  lol

I know I'm old but... is there any new rock being created these days? Anything outside of Taylor Swift?

3 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I know I'm old but... is there any new rock being created these days? Anything outside of Taylor Swift?

Taylor Swift is rock?

• Cheers 3

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Depends on what you consider rock, but off the top of my head...Sammy Hagar does an album a year with various "project" bands, Wolfgang van Halen has Mammoth WVH, the Foo Fighters are still performing and recording, Joe Satriani releases an album every 18 months, Nancy Wilson has at least one rock album with classic roots since her and Ann stopped getting along and Heart and their other projects disbanded.

That's all I can think of for new material.  Of the old acts still alive, most are covering their own tunes (e.g. Boston, or the remnants of Queen).  Of most new acts I've heard, most are just doing classic rock covers (e.g. of Boston, Queen).

• Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 minutes ago, Ann said:

Taylor Swift is rock?

She's started in country, but isn't really that, and not really modern pop.  She's about a close to rock as it gets nowadays.  

She's very talented - I remember seeing her perform when she was in her late teens, before she was over-produced, glammed, packaged, and marketed, and thinking she was very good.  

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Depends on what you consider rock, but off the top of my head...Sammy Hagar does an album a year with various "project" bands, Wolfgang van Halen has Mammoth WVH, the Foo Fighters are still performing and recording, Joe Satriani releases an album every 18 months, Nancy Wilson has at least one rock album with classic roots since her and Ann stopped getting along and Heart and their other projects disbanded.

That's all I can think of for new material.  Of the old acts still alive, most are covering their own tunes (e.g. Boston, or the remnants of Queen).  Of most new acts I've heard, most are just doing classic rock covers (e.g. of Boston, Queen).

All different kinds of rock out there.

Maybe Don McLean was right, only wrong on the date.

Certainly nothing like the 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, Foxx said:

All different kinds of rock out there.

Maybe Don McLean was right, only wrong on the date.

Certainly nothing like the 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's.

My definition of rock is pretty narrow - blues-based I-IIm-IV-V with guitars.  But that's just me.

And nothing against other genres...I like CSNY, but consider them more "folk" than rock.  Likewise, Rush...but "progressive."  Steve Vai..but he's fusion.  Not all "rock" in my mind.  

Rock is Boston.  Or the Stones, or AC/DC, or - God help me - that mewling &#%$ing eunuch.  

• Haha 3

Crap Throwing Clavin

This is actually the first time I saw Taylor Swift:

CMT Crossroads would pair country performers with one of their influences.  In Swift's case...her mom was a big Def Leppard fan, so she grew up listening to them.

Listening to Swift sing "Photograph" with the band was rather pedestrian.  But listening to Joe Elliot sing one of her tenny-bopper pop-country teen-girl-angst songs was pretty damn funny.

7 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Rock is Boston.  Or the Stones, or AC/DC, or - God help me - that mewling &#%$ing eunuch.  

Lol. He does have a few that are at least passable.