Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Our Only Holes Left?

BigBillsFan

Would our only holes left just be pass rushing and the running game? I guess the LB position isn't perfect but it's far from being a hole. I think the lack of a running game and pass rush is the only 2 areas we need actual emphasis in the post-season and draft. Otherwise we're really solid.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

After next season and losing some FA I expect needs will be: edge rusher, OL, DT as tier 2.  Third tier needs: S (hyde replacement), RB, WR (john Brown maybe gone), TE.

Depth: CB

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ann said:

After last night? I'd like an elite horse of a running back. Those are available on every street corner, right?

After last night, do we really have any holes?

On 1/17/2021 at 4:39 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

Running back is only place we are below average, but Josh makes up for that often with his legs.

I think they need to take a long look at the running game this offseason. 

Being pass Heavy is great- being pass dependent is not. We need to be able to win + run matchups when teams empty the box to beat our pass game, this year we’ve struggled with that. 

The question becomes- do we need better blockers, better runners, or better scheme? I imagine it’s a combination of all three. 

I like the idea of adding another back- one with more speed. 

I also think we need to invest in our interior OL. Hopefully we keep Mongo, but Ford is no sure thing, Boetger could be upgraded, and it’s hard to say what the long term with Morse is.

• Like 1

The front 7 still isn't where it needs to be, especially the pass rush.   Really need to see Epenesa take a big step forward next year.

Yes, run game needs an upgrade.  Backs are solid, but not dynamic and OL is better at pass blocking than run blocking.

9 hours ago, KD in CA said:

The front 7 still isn't where it needs to be, especially the pass rush.   Really need to see Epenesa take a big step forward next year.

Yes, run game needs an upgrade.  Backs are solid, but not dynamic and OL is better at pass blocking than run blocking.

I don't disagree and I'm not saying this is applicable toward you, however most fans under appreciate the development of a good pass rusher. 

Many think it is simply chase down QB, hit QB, sack QB. In our system, especially with today's QB, it's much more intricate. Staying in your lane to keep the escape path closed, limiting gap exposure, while still collapsing the pocket is difficult while watching the RPO, the screen, etc.

I haven't seen glaring flaws by Epenesa. I have seen raw areas. I think he will continue to develop to a quality rotational player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boyst said:

I don't disagree and I'm not saying this is applicable toward you, however most fans under appreciate the development of a good pass rusher. 

Many think it is simply chase down QB, hit QB, sack QB. In our system, especially with today's QB, it's much more intricate. Staying in your lane to keep the escape path closed, limiting gap exposure, while still collapsing the pocket is difficult while watching the RPO, the screen, etc.

I haven't seen glaring flaws by Epenesa. I have seen raw areas. I think he will continue to develop to a quality rotational player.

No doubt.....but we also need to keep investing in that group.

Whether its scheme or personnel our OL gets no push in the run game.  Moss and Singletary are fine.  They simply have nowhere to go.  It doesn't help that we have just played the second best run D in Indy and the Ravens who held Derrick Henry to a season low. 

• Like 1

We need our own Chris Jones and Frank Clark.  Or like the Colts did getting Buckner.  Move like this has to happen.  

But we're going to have to cut salary and I'm not sure where we stand cap wise right now.  

The Guy In Pants

Need a running game. A two headed offense is better than one. The reason the Chiefs were able to blanket our receivers without care or concern was because we do not have a running game to speak of. (They also held a lot)

Need a pass rush.

Need a linebacker capable of at least being close enough to a guy like Kelce to make a play

Would take another shiny receiver or TE.

O line was not horrid this year but depth can't be ignored.

Need a new DC.

I am fine with Daboll as OC but if he takes this offense and regresses even the slightest; get the &#%$ out. We need to roll into this season with our receiving corp intact.