Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

What was your life like last time Bills made it to a Championship Game?

Fansince88

I was going to turn 24 that year. We had 1 of our 3 children  and the other was in my wife's belly. I was 4 years married and just finished building our home, a Log house that I have to maintain every year. Had all my hair and was not over weight.  I was driving an 83 civic and making 10$ an hour or there about. Had 4 channels on our local TV and 2 of them carried all of the football games. The Jaguars, Panthers and Texans didn't exist yet there was a team in Houston called the Oilers and Dallas Green managed the Mets! Where were you and what was life like way back then? 

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/buffalo-bills/heres-a-snapshot-of-what-was-going-on-the-last-time-the-bills-played-an-afc-championship-game#:~:text=It's dated January 23rd 1994,Game (their last appearance).

• Number one song: "All For Love" by Bryan Adams/Rod Stewart/Sting
  • Number one movie: Philadelphia
  • Number one New York Times fiction best seller: Disclosure by Michael Crichton
  • President of the United States: Bill Clinton
  • Average price of a gallon of gas: $1.00
Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 4

I was married to someone else, my son was in kindergarten, and I still lived in the city of Buffalo. 

What a difference 27 years makes.

• Like 5

Hadn't met my wife yet. Single and no kids. Still lived in Buffalo and I went to the game. Thurman ran wild.

Drove a beat up Nissan sentra, had all my hair and about 20 lbs lighter.

Edited by NCBillsFan
  • Like 4

I was an E-5 stationed in Silicon Valley.  I'd been married just about a year (we got married the day before we lost to the Giants in the Super Bowl...no, it wasn't an omen.  Since we never won a Super Bowl before we got married, I only blame her a little for that trend continuing).

Car:  Cranberry Red Ford Ranger extended cab/long bed.  Hers: Charcoal Gray Saturn SL1

Child:  1 son.  He's now got 2 Masters' degrees on his way to a doctorate.  Jeezus, BILLS...figure it out.

I actually had to work that day and my wife called me every time something significant happened.  I still have the VHS tape.  &#%$, our franchise has sucked so much technology has changed from VHS to DVD to DVR to streaming since we last played in an AFC Championship game.  That doesn't even take into account the difference in television size/quality (27" Sony CRT then versus 85" Sony 4K today).

• Like 5

I was in kindergarten. My favorite shirt was a plain blue sweatshirt that my mom added the Bills logo to with puffy paint. I don’t have any memory of the AFCCG, but I do remember the Super Bowl that year, and the year before. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, devnull said:

I was a high school computer nerd & metal head

So you're saying you haven't evolved...

😄

• Haha 3

It hasn't changed too much for me.

I was married to the B-Wife, had my three kids already 

But I was working then, Evening Supervisor at the local hospital,

and the future seemed brighter.................

• Like 5
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, devnull said:

I was a high school computer nerd & metal head

Metal head chasing the skirts around the Brockport college scene, here.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • FANtastic 1

1 hour ago, Meazza said:

Back then a certain Crap Throwing Monkey was terrorizing ATOP.

ATOP didn't exist back then.  IIRC it started in the late 90s during the Flutie/Johnson era

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
25 minutes ago, devnull said:

ATOP didn't exist back then.  IIRC it started in the late 90s during the Flutie/Johnson era

You’re right.  My memories getting fuzzy.

Everyone seems confused... I don't remember anything for me 12 years old. If I do the math and I graduated when I was 18 so I'd take away 6 years to say that I was in 6th grade. I don't remember 6th grade. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I remember my teacher's name. I was living outside of Toledo, Oh. I pulled open google to see the top country songs of '94. Those are some good songs.  I remember my summer anthem was Joe Diffie 3rd rock from the sun. That was a good damn song.

I have no idea what I was doing in January 94.

• Haha 1

I was professionally Chef Jim working as the Executive Chef at the Hollywood Athletic Club on Universal City Walk.  Married to the same person (10 years at the time) and living in Long Beach.  

• Like 1