Jump to content

Reserves/Futures contract signings. The next season has started here in Buffalo


Fansince88
 Share

Recommended Posts

Jake Kumerow and Antonio Williams today. Add to this post if you see moves. Mods, it this should be merged please do so. If you want it pinned be my guest. 

 

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/01/bills-sign-jake-kumerow-antonio-williams-to-reservefutures-contract-tracker.html

 

Thinking the Antonio Williams signing is big. Devin did not seem hungry to me. I could be totally wrong but I see a competition a brewing!  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

John Brown is very happy that Stills didn't sign the futures contract.  Surprised about Harrison, especially with Morse's questionable return next season.

 

Maybe these guys think they can do better in FA?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

For everyone that is wondering.....Yes. Christian Wade can be brought up next year. But joking aside good to see Antonio "The Man" Williams kept around.

 

Both RBs looked more explosive than Singletary & Moss, but that's only a part of the job.   Who knows how good/bad they are in pass catching and rush pickups.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, GG1 said:

 

Both RBs looked more explosive than Singletary & Moss, but that's only a part of the job.   Who knows how good/bad they are in pass catching and rush pickups.

Absolutely!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/25/2021 at 7:33 PM, Fansince88 said:

Jake Kumerow and Antonio Williams today. Add to this post if you see moves. Mods, it this should be merged please do so. If you want it pinned be my guest. 

 

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2021/01/bills-sign-jake-kumerow-antonio-williams-to-reservefutures-contract-tracker.html

 

Thinking the Antonio Williams signing is big. Devin did not seem hungry to me. I could be totally wrong but I see a competition a brewing!  

In our limited glimpse of Williams, he sure seemed to run hungry. Would have been interesting to see what he had against KC.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

In our limited glimpse of Williams, he sure seemed to run hungry. Would have been interesting to see what he had against KC.

The problem (as I see it) is when he's in the game, they're either loading the box to stop him or blitzing like crazy because they want to see if he knows his assignment.  The AFCCG is no place to find out how good your rookie RB is at figuring out his blitz pickup.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The problem (as I see it) is when he's in the game, they're either loading the box to stop him or blitzing like crazy because they want to see if he knows his assignment.  The AFCCG is no place to find out how good your rookie RB is at figuring out his blitz pickup.

Or how quickly he can grow a 3rd hand to prevent fumbles against elite defenders that can punch the ball out.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The problem (as I see it) is when he's in the game, they're either loading the box to stop him or blitzing like crazy because they want to see if he knows his assignment.  The AFCCG is no place to find out how good your rookie RB is at figuring out his blitz pickup.

True, but considering the outcome of the game and the overall ineffectiveness of the offense, it might have been worthwhile to insert him and see how the KC D reacted. If they indeed loaded the box, play action would have much more useful in limiting their strategy of doubling two or three of our receivers all game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Foxx said:

True, but considering the outcome of the game and the overall ineffectiveness of the offense, it might have been worthwhile to insert him and see how the KC D reacted. If they indeed loaded the box, play action would have much more useful in limiting their strategy of doubling two or three of our receivers all game.

I'd be curious to see the team's reaction to putting a rookie into the AFCCG.  Decisions like that can be pretty divisive in a team environment.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I'd be curious to see the team's reaction to putting a rookie into the AFCCG.  Decisions like that can be pretty divisive in a team environment.

 

Not just for rookies.  I think it's obvious in retrospect that Spain threw a fit when he was benched but Brian Winters remained in the lineup.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It likely means little but it's nice the Christian Wade is signed. He'll have a real chance to make the team.

He either makes the team or he is gone this next season. Hoping for the former unless the latter is necessary. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

He either makes the team or he is gone this next season. Hoping for the former unless the latter is necessary. 

Wonder how he’d be as a punt returner. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Guidelines