Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Stafford to Rams in Blockbuster trade

Virgil

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Watson has a no-trade clause.  He won’t approve a trade to the Jags

Houston isn't going to trade Watson. 

Interesting read on why

https://www.nfl.com/news/houston-texans-cannot-trade-deshaun-watson-three-fits-for-matthew-stafford

Watson will piss and moan all off season and sit out some practices, until he realizes it costs $50,000 per tantrum. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Rams are so deep into the plan to build with big names and trades, they might as well see it all the way through.

image.png.5feb151f4bc440925cc428b75d9f0a02.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Not when you weigh in the cap numbers in my humble opinion. That weighed in....Its a no for me!

Well, I think most any QB in today's environment, if they are worth anything worthwhile is going to cost you that $20mm + a year.

The Rams are betting that Stafford gives them a better chance to win in their current Championship window.  To me, Stafford is a vastly superior QB going to a much better team and as an organization it's hard to argue against the idea that the Rams are better at drafting after the first round anyway. 

Tayvon Austin, Jason Smith, Sam Bradford, Greg Robinson, etc.

Edited by Alaska Darin
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The Rams are betting that Stafford gives them a better chance to win in their current Championship window.  To me, Stafford is a vastly superior QB going to a much better team and as an organization it's hard to argue against the idea that the Rams are better at drafting after the first round anyway. 

I didnt watch any Rams games save the playoffs. Did he hamstring the team? Also, he (Jared) seemed to take a huge step back the last 2 years. league figure him out or system? Really don't know. Asking. 

21 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I didnt watch any Rams games save the playoffs. Did he hamstring the team? Also, he (Jared) seemed to take a huge step back the last 2 years. league figure him out or system? Really don't know. Asking. 

You didn't watch the Rams/Bills??

heresy... burn the witch!!!

• Wow 1

34 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I probably overrate Goff and underrate Stafford. He’s better, but I’m not sure I’d say vastly superior.  McVay had obviously figured that Goff’s ceiling is NOT a super bowl QB.  I wonder how well Stafford (veteran) and McVay (seeming control freak) are going to work together.  We shall see.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Now we know why they traded away their next seven first round draft picks after drafting Goff.

9 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

He had enough in terms of playing for the richardnoggin's minion.  It did not make any sense to go any further up that ladder.  

Ha! We’ve come a LONG way from the days players would come in on team friendly deals just for the shot at the ring. Now they get a “thanks, but NO thanks.” 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

Jesus, they're going to suck for a long time once this current window closes. Absolutely idiotic to go 7 years without a 1st round pick.

30 minutes ago, Koko said:

Jesus, they're going to suck for a long time once this current window closes. Absolutely idiotic to go 7 years without a 1st round pick.

The Bills at the end of 2017 has two first round picks on the roster.

4 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

The problem with Goff -- and it's one of those problems I initially worried about with Josh in the very beginning -- is that he is the quintessential 'good/bad' quarterback. From game to game he's either really good, or he's just not. The Jets and Fish games were a perfect example. Once his throws were off early and he fell behind, he could never rally.

Look a Rams/Fish stats: Rams had 471 yards of offense versus Miami's 145. Goff was 35 of 61 with a TD, but two picks. Anyone under center other than Goff...and I mean maybe even Peterman...wins that game.

Then he turns around and beats the Seahawks and Tampa on the road before losing to backups in SFO.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

You didn't watch the Rams/Bills??

heresy... burn the witch!!!

And the Rams Bills. That was this season wasn't it. Great game

• Like 1