Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Look at the difference from last year to this.....One huge change. So, do you know what that is? Yes you do. Chase McLaughlin has missed  5 of 27 attempts with Matt Haack holding. 

Just further evidence that the game of football needs everybody to concentrate on doing their specific 1/11th. Only rarely does going outside of a player's specific responsibilities help the team. 

19 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Just further evidence that the game of football needs everybody to concentrate on doing their specific 1/11th. Only rarely does going outside of a player's specific responsibilities help the team. 

Well, in his case it is 2/11th because he holds and kicks.

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Well, in his case it is 2/11th because he holds and kicks.

The fact remains for you northern NY's that even football uses the old math that most of us still go by. There are only 11 players for each side allowed on the field at one time. Now, the new math was introduced to the NFL some time ago when Marcia was allowed to bring his own officials onto the field but it became so apparent that something was hinky that the oddsmakers in Vegas put their foot down and stopped that practice.

On a side note, I caution you to watch how you describe things here. Mentioning holding and kicking is like a siren call to Yabba who believes that this forum is his personal dating site. Now if you like pina coladas, getting caught in the rain and red heart emojis then ignore my advice, but don't call me for assistance at 3:00am when he comes a knocking. 

• O Rly 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wondering if Josh's contract finally kicking in causes the Bills to join the rest of the league & not spend big money on coverage guys.

They kicked the ball short on KOs a lot & usually gained 5 extra yards forcing teams to start from their 20 rather than the 25.  Is that 5 yards worth all the money they spend?  (Realize they also cover punts well too, so it isn't just kickoffs that get value from those guys.)

• Cheers 2

Hines could be a casualty IMO if I read his contract terms correctly.  his '23 salary is $4.4 million and his dead cap hit if cut is $0.  I can't see the Bills paying him that much as a return man unless they feel he can be a much larger contributor at RB.  Not sure any other team will pay him that much either so possibly he could get a new deal from the Bills at a lower number.  

POTENTIAL OUT: 2023, 2 YR, $9,153,333; $0 DEAD CAP

Nyheim Hines Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

Crap Throwing Clavin
21 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

Hines could be a casualty IMO if I read his contract terms correctly.  his '23 salary is $4.4 million and his dead cap hit if cut is $0.  I can't see the Bills paying him that much as a return man unless they feel he can be a much larger contributor at RB.  Not sure any other team will pay him that much either so possibly he could get a new deal from the Bills at a lower number.  

Nyheim Hines Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

I suspect they don't expect Singletary to be back, and will want to use Hines more in the offense, so they'll keep him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ninety-4 said:

Listening to Beane’s press conference yesterday, it sounded like Hines will be back. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ann said:

Listening to Beane’s press conference yesterday, it sounded like Hines will be back. 

After Beane’s “Graciously accepting your ‘&#%$ you’, for getting Nyheim Hines” from Pat McAffe, I don’t think he won’t be back either. They traded Moss to get him. 

• Like 1

Beer__League__Hockey
12 hours ago, Taro T said:

Wondering if Josh's contract finally kicking in causes the Bills to join the rest of the league & not spend big money on coverage guys.

They kicked the ball short on KOs a lot & usually gained 5 extra yards forcing teams to start from their 20 rather than the 25.  Is that 5 yards worth all the money they spend?  (Realize they also cover punts well too, so it isn't just kickoffs that get value from those guys.)

No, you have to keep wasting 4 roster spots on guys that will never make a team for scrimmage plays.

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 7:08 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Couldn't have done it without Sam Martin [/HoldGod]

Im blessed to see you got the chance to say that in February this year!

• 3 weeks later...