Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bezos linked to Redskins sale rumor

devnull

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Thought the NFL had a rule that owners could own teams in other sports but they had to be located in the same city as the NFL team.  (Back in the day, DeBartolo owned the 9ers and IIRC his nephew owned the Penguins and he was a minority owner in that team.)

Did they scrap that rule?

In 2018.

• Cheers 1

I think an entity can own up to six sports teams in a single city as long as they pass along enough $$$Moo!a$$$ to the respective League Commissioners, and of course the CCP - which actually is in control world-wide of all Sport Industries. At least they will be when they crush Macau like they did Hong Kong. 

CarpetCrawler
2 hours ago, House said:

I would buy the team myself but I have no money 

We can team up to buy it, I'll double what you have.

• Haha 1

SquirminThurman
4 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

We can team up to buy it, I'll double what you have.

Stadium may not be worth much more 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
3 hours ago, Ann said:

A $7B offer to buy the Commanders by a DC native is still in play, source says

DC native Brian Davis made a $7B cash offer to buy the team and become the NFL's first Black owner. A source close to the deal says his bid is still in play.

</snip>

If his bid wins, Washington will win a Superbowl, Spartacus will claim it was rigged to get the first black owner a Superbowl victory, and it'll be the second time in the history of the universe that I agree with him.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Sold

Statement from Commanders Co-Owners Tanya and Dan Snyder: “We are very pleased to have reached an agreement for the sale of the Commanders franchise with Josh Harris, an area native, and his impressive group of partners. We look forward to the prompt completion of this transaction and to rooting for Josh and the team in the coming years.”

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...