Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills release John Brown & Quinton Jefferson

Boyst

John Brown wonders if Bills’ Josh Allen had input on release

</snip>

On Thursday morning, Brown joined Solomon Wilcots and Ed McCaffrey on SiriusXM NFL Radio to discuss his release from Buffalo. When asked if the release was a surprise, Brown noted that he had a feeling that his time was coming to an end in Buffalo but added that the team did not give him any sort of heads up on their decision to release him.

“You know, honesty, we didn’t know nothing, we weren’t even given a heads up,” Brown told Wilcots. “But I’m a strong believer in God and I just had a feeling it was going to come to that time, especially when the money dropped.  And I dealt with a few injuries so I missed, like, five games so the team went 5-0 without me. [inaudible]  But you know, different situations, the way things could have been handled.”

</snip>

“Like, I don’t know if they gave Josh Allen input on it,” said Brown.  “He should have had input.  Or, if he did have input I thought he would want me to stay.”

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Nanker said:

He, Kraft, and Sweeney need to step it up a lot. 

Holy crap, I totally forgot Sweeney was on the team.

Alaska Darin

It really bothers me that they don't reach out and tell players they're going to be released.  There's just drama there that doesn't need to exist.

Brown's age worked against him and after turning 30, once you start having injuries...they tend to continue.  I wish him luck but I'm curious to see what his next contract looks like.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

It really bothers me that they don't reach out and tell players they're going to be released.

I'm amazed they don't do that.   It seems so unprofessional.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I'm amazed they don't do that.   It seems so unprofessional.

It's why Thurman went to the Fish. He found out the Bills cut him watching ESPN.