Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Quarterbacks to be drafted 1, 2, 3 for first time since 1999

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

would you draft this guy with the #1 pick overall?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/04/14/trevor-lawrence-magazine-cover-story-daily-cover

“I’m passionate about what I do and it’s really important to me, but I don’t have this chip on my shoulder. I can’t manufacture that. I don’t want to.”

Trevor has always been like this. Everybody in the family says that off the football field, Marissa, who played soccer at Division II Anderson University, is more competitive than he is. His father says, “He’s not award-driven. He’s not, ‘I want to win a Super Bowl at all costs.’ ” Trevor’s coach at Cartersville High, Joey King, says, “There is no doubt about it: With who he is as a person, he could walk away from it tomorrow and be fine.” Others who know Lawrence well agree

• Doh! 1

10 hours ago, Ann said:

Small thread

"I have a lot of confidence in my work ethic, I love to grind and to chase my goals. You can ask anyone who has been in my life"

prima donna damage control

seems a bunch of people in Trevor's life disagree with him about his level of commitment

Edited by Spartacus

48 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

"I have a lot of confidence in my work ethic, I love to grind and to chase my goals. You can ask anyone who has been in my life"

prima donna damage control

seems a bunch of people in Trevor's life disagree with him about his level of commitment

He’s such a Cindy Lauper. 

Maybe? Maybe not? We shall see next week:

NFL Draft 2021: Are the Jets definitely taking Zach Wilson? Why not all are convinced, plus more insider notes

At least one exec questions Wilson-to-Jets as a lock

</snip>

Now, count me among those who heard from proven, trusted sources, weeks ago, that Wilson was the Jets' guy at that time and they had an eye on him all along … But that doesn't mean they had to make the decision then, and they still don't have to make it now.

</snip>

"Are we all sure that Wilson is going second?" one longtime AFC executive said. "Is that written in stone somewhere? Seriously, have they come out and said it? Maybe Wilson is the pick, but you can't tell me he is absolutely a better prospect than Fields. We would take Fields there at 2. What if they do take Fields? Then San Francisco takes Wilson. Then New England comes up to 4 and gets Jones. There's no way that could happen?"

</snip>

• Like 1
  • Doh! 1