Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Random Thoughts

MothersMilk

2 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

image.jpeg.61bc571161f319be2b025e4fff7ae6c7.jpeg

Thanks, I didn't even know they were looking!  Did they need a telescope really....?

I guess Webb doesn't make Uranus look fat?

Keukasmallie
8 minutes ago, snafu said:

I guess Webb doesn't make Uranus look fat?

Definitely has a future in the modeling/weight loss industry

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keukasmallie said:

Definitely has a future in the modeling/weight loss industry

Or as a future husband.

• Cheers 1

Keukasmallie

If I yell "Man overboard," will the helmsperson refused to turn the boat around until I come up with the correct gender term/identifier of the day?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

CarpetCrawler
On 4/7/2023 at 8:46 AM, Keukasmallie said:

image.jpeg.61bc571161f319be2b025e4fff7ae6c7.jpeg

Thanks, I didn't even know they were looking!  Did they need a telescope really....?

I bet you say that to all the boys....

• Haha 2

On 4/9/2023 at 12:52 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

I bet you say that to all the boys....

I'd be careful if I were you (see the post above yours). You might not get thrown a life ring.

Crap Throwing Clavin

Y'know...this isn't right:

Lego typewriter.  Sounds like the real thing!  $236

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Typewriter-Building-Writers-Pieces/dp/B094RBYH2S?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1

Classic Royal 79101T typewriter.  IS the real thing!  $224

https://www.amazon.com/Royal-79101t-Classic-Manual-Typewriter/dp/B07SWV2X82?th=1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2021 at 3:12 PM, devnull said:

Watching Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

Some, if not most, movies don't age well.

But LOTR is just as epic today as it was 20 years ago 

I'm so glad they made that series before Hollywood decided they hated the fans. I only made it through one episode of Rings of Power.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin

Woman in grocery store aisle, blocking it.  Not old, or lost, just sort of...there.  Not doing anything, just vacantly taking up space, like Vincent in Pulp Fiction. 

giphy.gif

People can't get around her, people are starting to get pissed, I quip "Don't just do something!  Stand there!"

Did you know that's racist?

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Woman in grocery store aisle, blocking it.  Not old, or lost, just sort of...there.  Not doing anything, just vacantly taking up space, like Vincent in Pulp Fiction. 

giphy.gif

People can't get around her, people are starting to get pissed, I quip "Don't just do something!  Stand there!"

Did you know that's racist?

You weren't just a racist. You were a mansplaining racist. How very toxic of you.

Mrs. snafu just told me:

”I hate the way when I tell you to do things you don’t just jump up and do them.  I feel like that’s wrong.”

• O Rly 1
  • Haha 1
  • FANtastic 1

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Mrs. snafu just told me:

”I hate the way when I tell you to do things you don’t just jump up and do them.  I feel like that’s wrong.”

I might have asked, "how high?" But then of course I would have had to run and hide for an hour or two.

CarpetCrawler
On 4/29/2023 at 9:50 AM, snafu said:

Mrs. snafu just told me:

It never matters how you feel, does it?

• Sad 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
On 4/29/2023 at 9:50 AM, snafu said:

Mrs. snafu just told me:

Just the opposite: my wife asks me to do something, I start immediately...but bitch about the interruption, and she says "I didn't mean now."

There simply is no right answer.

5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Just the opposite: my wife asks me to do something, I start immediately...but bitch about the interruption, and she says "I didn't mean now."

There simply is no right answer.

Reminds of the old joke.

Why do men die younger than women do?  Because we want to.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Keukasmallie

So, on the heels of the California committee that has devised a plan to pay reparations to descendents of slaves, I was a bit surprised because I thought that any "reparations" were paid years and years ago.  More dramatically, I thought those reparations were paid in blood.

I recall that some years back Abraham Lincoln (a white man, by the way) issued a document freeing all slaves, and shortly thereafter a civil war was fought to guarantee implementation of that action.  In my view, reparations were made to the very individuals who suffered the horrible fate of slavery.  The price to guarantee slaves were free was a terrible one, paid mostly by the holders of slaves and those white folk who opposed slavery.

Today's "repartions plan" looks like a money-grab of the first degree.  Or maybe somebody just forgot that 1861 - 1865 dustup....

• Haha 1