Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Random Thoughts

MothersMilk

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

If you're triggered now, wait'll you see my planned "von Denmark" jokes.

Try selling those to NBC.

On 3/16/2022 at 7:42 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Just tried to finish a pen with superglue, which is apparently the finish the pros use.

Glued my gloves together, glued my gloves to the pen, glued my gloves to the lathe, glued my hands to the gloves, glued my hands together, glued my hands to the lathe, glued my hands to the pen, glued the pen to the lathe...try again tomorrow, I guess.  

(How'm I free?  Acetone.  Lots of nail polish remover.)

Checkout Mudhole https://mudhole.com/

They sell fishing rod supplies and equipment and several finishing coatings. They might have something you could use. 

Crap Throwing Clavin
40 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Checkout Mudhole https://mudhole.com/

They sell fishing rod supplies and equipment and several finishing coatings. They might have something you could use. 

I've got the superglue finish working since then.

Four coats of thin CA (to fill in grain).

Three of medium CA (to build the finish).

Four more of thin CA (fill in imperfections from the medium CA - reduces sanding).

Then wet-sand from 1500 grit up to 3 micron metal polishing paper.  Then polish with plastic polish, and buff with fine polishing compound and a cotton buffing wheel.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 9/1/2022 at 6:58 PM, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

If you're triggered now, wait'll you see my planned "von Denmark" jokes.

I mentioned elsewhere that he graduated with honors from The Hun. 

• 4 weeks later...
The Guy In Pants

&#%$ing guy came to work with covid. Gave it to everyone. 

“I didn’t think I was that sick. I knew I had something but thought it was a cold”

Well guy, you thought wrong. Hate this. Had so much to do this weekend. Had to cancel a livestock vet inspection and move to the 20th. 

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Sad 1

On 10/7/2022 at 5:47 PM, The Guy In Pants said:

&#%$ing guy came to work with covid. Gave it to everyone. 

“I didn’t think I was that sick. I knew I had something but thought it was a cold”

Well guy, you thought wrong. Hate this. Had so much to do this weekend. Had to cancel a livestock vet inspection and move to the 20th. 

I've been blessed to have not caught the 'Rona.  There was an outbreak at work last year and a few coworkers have had multiple bouts of COVID.

I thank my ancestors that survived the Black Death for passing a robust immune system down thru the generations

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Less a thought than a question, but it's random so I guess it fits.

What is a word for one who declares great admiration for or fealty to someone who wouldn't give him the sweat off his ass if he was dying of thirst?

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Robs House said:

Less a thought than a question, but it's random so I guess it fits.

What is a word for one who declares great admiration for or fealty to someone who wouldn't give him the sweat off his ass if he was dying of thirst?

"Democrat."

Was going to say "Clinton supporter," but you said "a" word, not two words.

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Cheers 2

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently New York State has changed a traffic law that has stood for years.  Now, it seems, it's legal for the first three (3) drivers to proceed through the intersection even though the traffic light has turned red.

A bill legalizing car jacking is stuck in the legislature at present....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keukasmallie said:

Apparently New York State has changed a traffic law that has stood for years.  Now, it seems, it's legal for the first three (3) drivers to proceed through the intersection even though the traffic light has turned red.

Their impatience and not wanting to wait for the next green takes precedence. :eyeroll:

• Cheers 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
5 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

A bill legalizing car jacking is stuck in the legislature at present....

Next year they're going to be completely mystified as to why pedestrian accidents have increased.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, devnull said:

I guess she can stop thinking about tomorrow

Too soon?

Probably not... didn't care for her 1975-present but she was excellent with Chicken Shack, the "middle Mac", and her 1970 album "The Legendary Christine Perfect Album". If you've never heard it check it out, it's her finest piece of work imo, it's excellent.

• Cheers 1

• 2 months later...

I think the humble Albatross gets a really undeserved bad rap.

"That contract is a real Albatross..."

"Those budget constraints are an Albatross..."

"The goiter on his neck is disgusting..."