Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

"Woke" NFL News.

B-Man

Unfortunately, this will probably be a topic throughout the season.

We don't have to make it too political here, but it needs to be acknowledged.

Woke NFL Just Keeps Digging: Will Play 'Black National Anthem,' Increase 'Social Justice Messages' This Season

This, via Front Office Sports:

To reinforce its 10-year, $250 million commitment to combat systemic racism, the league will promote social justice via on-field signage, decals on player helmets, and in-stadium PSAs.

The NFL also plans to make “Lift Every Voice and Sing” — often referred to as the Black national anthem — a prominent part of all big league events, said sources. They will likely highlight victims of racial injustice with a “Say Their Stories” project, as well.

In today’s hyper-partisan media environment, most fans experience football through the prism of television. This year’s renewed social justice messaging efforts will be visible to the 200 million-plus TV viewers who watch game telecasts each season

• Boo 1

None of this bothers me. I like the song. And to me no doubt there are victims of racial injustice. No need to look any further than Ed Oliver last year.  

that does not mean I agree with what MLB and the NFL pushing BLM. 

to me , it’s the difference between teaching unvarnished history in school and teaching CRT.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

None of this bothers me. I like the song. And to me no doubt there are victims of racial injustice. No need to look any further than Ed Oliver last year.  

that does not mean I agree with what MLB and the NFL pushing BLM. 

to me , it’s the difference between teaching unvarnished history in school and teaching CRT.

I watch football to enjoy football. I watch baseball to enjoy baseball. I watch Hockey to enjoy Hockey. I don't watch the NBA. Besides, the most pressing issue in the NFL right now is whether or not Cole got vaccinated right?

Black Lives Matter only AFTER they’re born and until they have residence in a large inner city ghetto. Then they don’t matter at all. 

• Like 3

Hitbyaparkedcar
6 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Black Lives Matter only AFTER they’re born and until they have residence in a large inner city ghetto. Then they don’t matter at all. 

This is the truth

• Like 1

I'll be at the game where they'll be doing this BS.  There's only one national anthem that I'll stand for.

Also if they called it anything other than the black "national anthem" I'd have no problem with it.

• Like 1

I'm kind of surprised by this, but in the end there's nothing I can do about it other than turn off the NFL, which ain't happening.

As long as I can DVR games and not have to visit ATOP (where lazy woke bitches thrive), I'm good.

3 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I watch football to enjoy football. I watch baseball to enjoy baseball. I watch Hockey to enjoy Hockey. I don't watch the NBA. Besides, the most pressing issue in the NFL right now is whether or not Cole got vaccinated right?

I still enjoy the game no matter the pregame stuff..be it a salute to military, first responders etc. This is no different for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I stopped watching all sports decades ago after they ruined everything with the salute to service, military flyovers, the anthem, and non-stop prayer circles and Jesus thanking.  They just couldn't let it be about the game and had to interject jingoistic displays of nationalism, religion, and military worship into every aspect of the experience.  

• Doh! 1

28 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I stopped watching all sports decades ago after they ruined everything with the salute to service, military flyovers, the anthem, and non-stop prayer circles and Jesus thanking.  They just couldn't let it be about the game and had to interject jingoistic displays of nationalism, religion, and military worship into every aspect of the experience.  

Stunning/Brave

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

its funny, that stuff has just never bothered me...now if somehow roster spots or calls etc became affected out of "wokeness"...then i have a problem. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

For your namesake?

• Doh! 1

4 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

its funny, that stuff has just never bothered me...now if somehow roster spots or calls etc became affected out of "wokeness"...then i have a problem. 

When it's presented as "The Black National Anthem" it is overtly divisive and meant to drive a wedge between Americans. The Left has been joining BLM and their ilk not because of some great wrong but because they think that ponying up to their prejudices is good for the Left's politics. 

Turning sports into a "woke" feely feely gigantic cryfest is the equivalent of putting Mean Joe Greene into a tutu. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
RochesterRob
54 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Why a name change for the KC Chiefs feels inevitable

by: Maxwell Cashio Fansided: Arrowhead Addict15s

Over the past few years, team names and their history have gained attention from media and fans alike. Franchises across professional sports, such as the W...

So, what is next?  Cowboys drove Indians off of their homelands so that name has to go.  Vikings render images of racially pure northern Europeans therefore excluding people of other regions.  Our own Buffalo Bill a man who did little in regards to protecting his surroundings?  Jets conjer images of exclusiveness that mean many can not afford to travel via that means.  And the main event being the *Patriots who were the original exploiters of Native Americans.  

• 1 month later...

Sorry, but this is pretty bad.

THIS MAY BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL NATIONAL ANTHEM RENDITION EVER:

But fans attending and tuning into tonight’s NFL season opening game between the Super Bowl Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Dallas Cowboys won’t get to hear it.

Victory Boyd, the songwriter/singer, declines to get the Covid vaccine, for religious and medical reasons. So, after agreeing to pay her $20,000 plus expenses for the appearance, the NFL refused her request for an accommodation. Why? Because the NFL insists the national anthem be sung on the field.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

College Football and the NFL: Two Different Americas

American Greatness, by Paul Bradford

Original Article

Football is back—and so are the fans. America no longer sees empty stadiums on TV, as people return to watching the games in person. But Americans will notice sharp differences between college and professional football, and it’s not just the skill of their players. The pros seem to embrace Biden’s New America, while college ball still evokes the old America. The pros embrace social justice messages, while college ball steers clear.Unlike other pro leagues, the NFL decided to carry on wokeness for the 2021 season. The NBA famously painted Black Lives Matter on its courts and encouraged players to turn their jerseys into social justice billboards.

• Like 1
  • Love 1