Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

"Woke" NFL News.

B-Man

The NFL Has a Problem, and It's Not 10-Year-Old Emails

A-league-of-Violence-730x548.jpg

FTA:

Tyreek Hill was dismissed from Oklahoma State’s team. He later pled guilty to a domestic violence charge. Nonetheless, he was drafted by the Chiefs. While playing for the Chiefs, Hill was accused of breaking his son’s arm. An audio recording surfaced of Hill speaking with his girlfriend. She tells Hill that his son is afraid of him. In response, Hill said: “You should be afraid of me too.” The NFL didn’t have enough evidence to suspend Hill. He still plays for the Chiefs.

• Like 3

On 9/9/2021 at 7:18 PM, B-Man said:

Sorry, but this is pretty bad.

THIS MAY BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL NATIONAL ANTHEM RENDITION EVER:

But fans attending and tuning into tonight’s NFL season opening game between the Super Bowl Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Dallas Cowboys won’t get to hear it.

Victory Boyd, the songwriter/singer, declines to get the Covid vaccine, for religious and medical reasons. So, after agreeing to pay her $20,000 plus expenses for the appearance, the NFL refused her request for an accommodation. Why? Because the NFL insists the national anthem be sung on the field.

That was beautiful. Thank you.

• 2 months later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Ann said:

Maybe they will be able to get rid of the Rooney rule instead of expanding it?

The Rooney rule is actually one race-based rule I somewhat agreed with, since it was designed to increase opportunities and visibility of minority candidates.  It wasn't perfect...but it was rather smartly done, and effective in its purpose.

Naturally, since it's not an outcome-based program, they're going to have to change it drastically.  

Edited by Crap Throwing Monkey

13 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The Romney rule is actually one race-based rule I somewhat agreed with, since it was designed to increase opportunities and visibility of minority candidates.  It wasn't perfect...but it was rather smartly done, and effective in its purpose.

Naturally, since it's not an outcome-based program, they're going to have to change it drastically.  

Maybe the next rule will be to hire more women as coaches and general managers? 👼

17 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

The Romney rule is actually one race-based rule I somewhat agreed with, since it was designed to increase opportunities and visibility of minority candidates.  It wasn't perfect...but it was rather smartly done, and effective in its purpose.

Is this that rule that only allows teams to interview a candidate that transported their dogs on the roof of their station wagon? 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I don't disagree with the intent behind the rule, but if I'm a minority candidate, the question of whether I'm a legitimate candidate or if I'm there solely to meet a quota is always going to be in the back of my mind during the interview.

Edited by Koko
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Is this that rule that only allows teams to interview a candidate that transported their dogs on the roof of their station wagon? 

No. It's the one that means a candidate must have killed someone's wife with cancer.

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Terry Pegula doesn't own a horse.  Coincidence?

• 4 months later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
51 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Of course, they just call it "Tom Brady Appreciation Month."

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
Jabba The Hutt

Looks like Jack del Rio is about to be canceled for telling the truth... How dare he marginalize the absolute bloodbath that was Jan. 6th!!! Oh, wait...:classic_laugh:

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
52 minutes ago, Jabba The Hutt said:

Looks like Jack del Rio is about to be canceled for telling the truth... How dare he marginalize the absolute bloodbath that was Jan. 6th!!! Oh, wait...:classic_laugh:

And I hope del Rio's response is "Thanks a lot, you shit-brained, &#%$-faced, ball-breaking, duck-&#%$ing pain in the ass."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2