Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

HOW TO WATCH BILLS ON CBS NOW NO MATTER US LOCATION

Cinga

I had mentioned this the end of last season, and since the Bills are on WIVB tonight it's a good time to show you. CBS Now (or All Access) has changed it's name and it is now Paramount Plus and it does have a free trial to try this. I've been doing it for years now and not had an issue, and as far as I can tell, it is perfectly legal

https://www.paramountplus.com

But what you need to do is fool your browser of where you are located, and you need to do that before clicking the Watch Local CBS. That is what this thread is about, to show you how to do what an expensive VPN does and you'll be amazed how easy it is to hack your own 'puter.

First, go the the site and create, do the sign in thingy. I'm showing you in Chrome, but it is just as easy in Brave or Edge. In fact I have better feed when watching in Edge believe it or not.

Then, top right of your screen, see the 3 dots that get you to your history, bookmarks etc? Under them find More Tools > Developer Tools

image.png.eee1ba8421c6c344aa5bcf7f5b03509a.png

then you need to find Sensors, don't worry id it's not right in front of you yet, you now have a another series of 3 dots at the top of this window, click it, and find Sensors

image.png.f2147c31477e566c58847d19771262bd.png

The Sensors tab will appear on the bottom of this sidebar now and you'll see a few Geolocations listed in the drop down

Continued below 

• Like 2

image.png.465bbb254dd0fd2315050830bb6e1866.png

We're going to add one to that list, as you can see i already have Hamburg where I grew up, and Kansas City because I had troubles with the local station here last year for the Championship Game

Click the manage Button next to the location drop down then in the next screen click the Add Location Button

image.png.243c2c24ad497c746fa4c6da92917250.png

Then for Hamburg add: (you can name it whatever you want)

-78.8569 Longitude (don't forget that minus sign!)

42.741 Latitude

Don't worry about time zone or Locale

image.png.d047a4385b4abfa1634aae46ad44b601.png

Now your all set!

Edited by Cinga
  • Like 3

Now go back to Paramount, and before you login click through those 3 dots x 2 to get to the Sensor, ALWAYS click another location to reset the browser cache and then back to Hamburg

Then in the top of the Paramount Screen Click LIVE TV > CBS (Local Station)

image.png.bb028b9f51799173ad6a22412dba612b.png

Welcome to WIVB Buffalo 

Edited by Cinga
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cinga said:

image.png.465bbb254dd0fd2315050830bb6e1866.png

We're going to add one to that list, as you can see i already have Hamburg where I grew up, and Kansas City because I had troubles with the local station here last year for the Championship Game

Click the manage Button next to the location drop down then in the next screen click the Add Location Button

image.png.243c2c24ad497c746fa4c6da92917250.png

Then for Hamburg add: (you can name it whatever you want)

-82.956 Latitude (don't forget that minus sign!)

42.276 Longitude

Don't worry about time zone or Locale

Now your all set!

Can I get it in Mumbai?  :classic_ninja:

This is awesome! Thanks @Cinga 

We will be traveling for many weeks during Bills season and I was resigned to buying game pass again. Now, we do not have to!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Ann said:

This is awesome! Thanks @Cinga 

We will be traveling for many weeks during Bills season and I was resigned to buying game pass again. Now, we do not have to!

You're very welcome! You may still miss the couple games on other networks but I suspect those might be nationally televised like last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Worked for me on the beeatch in NC!

Your lat & long are backwards, but I sorted it out.

Thanks for the heads up, I did it quick and screwed that part up pretty good didn't I?  I've fixed it now and added a screenshot.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Thanks.  Do you cancel and resubscribe each week or just pay the $5/mo till the season is over?

Why would you cancel and resubscribe? Wouldn't that be $5 each time? Just pay the 5 bucks and watch a few movies too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

Why would you cancel and resubscribe? Wouldn't that be $5 each time? Just pay the 5 bucks and watch a few movies too.

There’s a free 7 day trial according to the website.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

There’s a free 7 day trial according to the website.

But you can only get it once? (Unless you have more TVs and IPs.)

Beer__League__Hockey
3 hours ago, Joe said:

This is great. Here's the question though. If I have a vpn, like Nord, do I need to do any of this

No, this is for dufuses like me that only travel with my work computer.  Using a VPN like nord and then finding someone's stream is still a way.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

No, this is for dufuses like me that only travel with my work computer.  Using a VPN like nord and then finding someone's stream is still a way.

I meant, can I use Nord's different locations to use Paramount+ to trick it into thinking im in Buffalo

On 8/16/2021 at 7:47 AM, Joe said:

I meant, can I use Nord's different locations to use Paramount+ to trick it into thinking im in Buffalo

Sorry, I didn't see this question before. If you have a Western NY location set up in Nord. yes it will work. What I showed is in reality, exactly what your paid for VPN does for you, but is free since you do it yourself