Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS vs Packers, Pre-season game #3: The Aftermath

Ann

3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I can't say enough about Gabe Davis and how good he is at the little things.  Really good blocker (holding penalty was BS), great route runner, great YAH, insane hands.  How is that dude ALWAYS so open?

It's pretty fun to look at 3rd and 20 and think..."we're probably getting this."

He was my biggest surprise last season, even more than Josh. With no preseason and things locked down it was the grand unveiling on the first play of last season. I mean, I knew we drafted him and all that, but I had no idea he could do the things he does and makes look EASY! He will get one of those BIG FAT contract$ in a couple years. 

On 3rd and 20 I was thinking get half of it and see if you can break a tackle, then take 3 points if need be. OR…..they could do THAT! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Augie said:

Still a tad surprised we didn’t even try a running play until we’d thrown 12-15 passes or something like that. Last week we showed some ability to run the ball, today we barely tried with the first team. 

They way this offense rolls, I think we’ll be playing with some leads and might want to be able to run and eat clock, but maybe we’ll just keep the foot on the gas and put up 60 on somebody! 

I think the objective was to make sure Josh was in a groove. The run game can be worked on during the season.

Will post more comments after a further review and @Virgil post game thread.

Hot takes, though

Not much to say about the offense, which bodes well for the year.

Debbie downer time is my concern about the DL.   The increased numbers still didn’t do much to improve the rush from the front 4.  The only time they truly pressured Love was on a safety blitz.  The DL is good enough to take on 28 teams in the league, but need to improve to take on the other 3.

If Beane is taking calls on the DE, he absolutely has to dial up Arizona and do whatever it takes to get Chandler Jones on this team.   Hard to believe that after his hard push for Watt, he’s happy with the pass rush that he’s seen this summer.   There may be a future for Groot & Basham, but the unit just isn’t ready for the top level.

BTW, looks like Gabe is a fan of Conor McGregor?

Edited by GG1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't know who is getting cut but there will be numerous players that leave Buffalo but go on to long NFL careers anyway.  Kudos to Brandon Beane and the rest of the football ops folks for seriously turning around a roster in such a short period of time.

During Beane's time in the booth he was asked about trades before cut day.  He mentioned DL being the group he has taken the most calls on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCBillsFan said:

During Beane's time in the booth he was asked about trades before cut day.  He mentioned DL being the group he has taken the most calls on.

Watching the Titans GM now and he said almost the same thing on their DL.

Edited by 4merper4mer

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Still a tad surprised we didn’t even try a running play until we’d thrown 12-15 passes or something like that. Last week we showed some ability to run the ball, today we barely tried with the first team. 

They way this offense rolls, I think we’ll be playing with some leads and might want to be able to run and eat clock, but maybe we’ll just keep the foot on the gas and put up 60 on somebody! 

Im not just because this was Josh's first action. Otherwise yes.

3 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Im not just because this was Josh's first action. Otherwise yes.

Oh, I get it! They want to get him into a rhythm. I just hope in the Big Picture, both aspects of our offense can play winning football. 

3 hours ago, GG1 said:

Will post more comments after a further review and @Virgil post game thread.

Hot takes, though

Not much to say about the offense, which bodes well for the year.

Debbie downer time is my concern about the DL.   The increased numbers still didn’t do much to improve the rush from the front 4.  The only time they truly pressured Love was on a safety blitz.  The DL is good enough to take on 28 teams in the league, but need to improve to take on the other 3.

If Beane is taking calls on the DE, he absolutely has to dial up Arizona and do whatever it takes to get Chandler Jones on this team.   Hard to believe that after his hard push for Watt, he’s happy with the pass rush that he’s seen this summer.   There may be a future for Groot & Basham, but the unit just isn’t ready for the top level.

BTW, looks like Gabe is a fan of Conor McGregor?

Actually we only have to play a maximum of 17 teams. Could be less if we see repeats throughout the post season. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Oh, I get it! They want to get him into a rhythm. I just hope in the Big Picture, both aspects of our offense can play winning football. 

I would have liked to see how the 1s ran the ball to I suppose. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I would have liked to see how the 1s ran the ball to I suppose. 

You just can’t do it all if you want Josh to get his tosses and rhythm going, I suppose.