Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

BILLS vs Packers, Pre-season game #3: The Aftermath

Ann

Alaska Darin

I don't know who is getting cut but there will be numerous players that leave Buffalo but go on to long NFL careers anyway.  Kudos to Brandon Beane and the rest of the football ops folks for seriously turning around a roster in such a short period of time.

• Like 6
  • Cheers 1
  • FANtastic 1

2 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I don't know who is getting cut but there will be numerous players that leave Buffalo but go on to long NFL careers anyway.  Kudos to Brandon Beane and the rest of the football ops folks for seriously turning around a roster in such a short period of time.

Totally agree with this.  I think there will be guys that don’t make it through waivers to practice squad.

• Like 2

I think the refs have a way to go. Those two holding calls were for phantoms that never existed.

I believe Josh is picking up right where he left off last season. The offense, while not a well oiled machine at this point, won't take long to hum right along.

I think we might have the best D that McBeane has fielded. The biggest question mark at this point has to be Edmunds. I don't understand why Klein can knife through the O-line to make tackles in the backfield at critical times and Edmunds still seems to be thinking way too much.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I think the refs have a way to go. Those two holding calls were for phantoms that never existed.

I believe Josh is picking up right where he left off last season. The offense, while not a well oiled machine at this point, won't take long to hum right along.

I think we might have the best D that McDermottBeane has fielded. The biggest question mark at this point has to be Edmund's. I don't understand why Klein can knife through the O-line to make tackles in the backfield at critical times and Edmund's still seems to be thinking way too much.

I hate to say it...but dude has "slow eyes".

Given I doubt the offense really gameplanned and were without Diggs, they looked REALLY solid.  Sanders is such a get.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I get what you said about Johnson, he's been one of my favs for a while now, but unless we keep 5 DEs or trade away one of Hughes, Epenesa, Basham or Rousseau I don't see it happening this year. 

Agree on this too btw... Lots of people off our cuts will be poached quickly this week.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Not to be forgotten was our O-line. They did a pretty good job out there today.

Another place with good depth and potential trades.... 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Sounds like Stevenson may have bought himself another year, albeit on injured reserve... 

That’s at least two weeks in a row where he got dinged up. He was in a boot after the last game. I hope he’s not “one of those guys” who just keeps getting dinged up. As they say, the best ability is……you know. 

Beane loves those late picks as ammo to move around in the draft. He’s got some guys on this roster worthy of some of those draft chips. 

I know it’s “just preseason”, but it’s hard NOT to get excited by what we are seeing. 

• Cheers 1

Alaska Darin

I can't say enough about Gabe Davis and how good he is at the little things.  Really good blocker (holding penalty was BS), great route runner, great YAH, insane hands.  How is that dude ALWAYS so open?

It's pretty fun to look at 3rd and 20 and think..."we're probably getting this."

• Like 3
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

Not to be forgotten was our O-line. They did a pretty good job out there today.

Still a tad surprised we didn’t even try a running play until we’d thrown 12-15 passes or something like that. Last week we showed some ability to run the ball, today we barely tried with the first team. 

They way this offense rolls, I think we’ll be playing with some leads and might want to be able to run and eat clock, but maybe we’ll just keep the foot on the gas and put up 60 on somebody! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I can't say enough about Gabe Davis and how good he is at the little things.  Really good blocker (holding penalty was BS), great route runner, great YAH, insane hands.  How is that dude ALWAYS so open?

It's pretty fun to look at 3rd and 20 and think..."we're probably getting this."

I’m a huge fan of Davis.  He had a little Andre Reed moment today shaking off a guy after a catch.  He walked in as a rookie last year and he has played like a 10 year vet from the jump.  

On a separate note, I think Hodgins may have run out of chances here even though I like him and think he’d stick on most teams.  I think they waive him before they would Stevenson.

• Like 3