Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Share some music thread

Joe

The Guy In Pants
1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

I wonder if those guys mow their own lawns.

It’s certainly a possibility 

Crap Throwing Clavin
Just now, The Guy In Pants said:

It’s certainly a possibility 

It's just interesting to imagine showy freaks like them doing dead normal tasks.  

The Guy In Pants
11 hours ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

It's just interesting to imagine showy freaks like them doing dead normal tasks.  

Right 😅

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

@MothersMilk

For some inexplicable unknown reason, I have the lyrics from, "All you need is love" running through my head this morning. I can't remember the last time I heard that song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7xMfIp-irg

Are you saying I don't have any love? LOL That and Hey Bulldog are the only 2 decent songs on that forgettable album imo.

Edited by MothersMilk

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2022 at 6:26 PM, CarpetCrawler said:

Great documentary, fascinating really.

This one comes out in March... this should be good, looking forward to it.

• Cheers 1

CarpetCrawler

I'm going way, way, way out on a limb here, but I heard the very end of this song on the radio and I kinda remembered it , but didn't really remember it.  It actually too a little while to find it because I don't think the title of the song is sung in it. 

The voice is amazing....talk about perfect pitch....the instrumentation/arrangement is a little old school and hits a nice groove....and it's way before auto-tuning.

Mock me if you will, but really listen to this and the others I included and keep an open mind. It's quality music.

The emotion in the phrasing it so palpable you can almost touch it.

This one hits a nice funky little groove.

Her voice is dripping with angst.

When I was young I used to Mock my parents for listening to The Carpenters.  Ooops. 

• Love 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
47 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I'm going way, way, way out on a limb here, but I heard the very end of this song on the radio and I kinda remembered it , but didn't really remember it.  It actually too a little while to find it because I don't think the title of the song is sung in it. 

The voice is amazing....talk about perfect pitch....the instrumentation/arrangement is a little old school and hits a nice groove....and it's way before auto-tuning.

Mock me if you will, but really listen to this and the others I included and keep an open mind. It's quality music.

When I was young I used to Mock my parents for listening to The Carpenters.  Ooops. 

The Carpenters share the same space as Prince and Lady Gaga in my musical views: can't listen to them, not my preferred style, but I recognize and respect the talent.

Probably 20 years ago I sold 3 copies of the 1st album with the original cover to... as it turns out, was the president of the Karen Carpenter appreciation society for $400.00. I haven't seen one since and at a glance they go for well over 200 nowadays. Made a 397 profit so now worries there... this is the one to keep your eyes open for:

Gripsweat - CARPENTERS~OFFERING~1st ALBUM ORIG CVR~A&M SP4205~KAREN  CARPENTER~BEAUTIFUL M-

Edited by MothersMilk

15 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I like Karen Carpenter's voice.  Like you, I hated when my mom had the Carpenters on in the car, but I wasn't listening to the singing.  I don't go searching her out, but she's easy to listen to, for sure.

I equate her to Daryl Hall.  Great voice, but the songs were so cheese-pop that they're tough to go find for a listen. 

Edited by snafu
  • Like 1

CarpetCrawler
6 hours ago, snafu said:

I like Karen Carpenter's voice.  Like you, I hated when my mom had the Carpenters on in the car, but I wasn't listening to the singing.  I don't go searching her out, but she's easy to listen to, for sure.

I equate her to Daryl Hall.  Great voice, but the songs were so cheese-pop that they're tough to go find for a listen. 

Agreed, not a lot of interesting songs, but some of them really transcend their average pop stuff.

• Like 1