Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Official ‘Other Games’ Thread - Week - 13

Foxx

29 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I would not have trusted Lamar with that.  Should have went for OT.

If you don't trust your QB to make a play, then you have the wrong QB

Going for two was a bold move.  The Ravens play selection was excellent.  Jackson sold the fake hand off.  Andrews was open

But the Ravens Offensive Line wasn't able to keep TJ Watt from getting into the backfield

Watt's pressure forced Jackson into a bad throw

• Like 1
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, devnull said:

Going for two was a bold move.  The Ravens play selection was excellent.  Jackson sold the fake hand off.  Andrews was open

But the Ravens Offensive Line wasn't able to keep TJ Watt from getting into the backfield

I largely agree with this post.  The part I would somewhat differ is that, while Watt was disruptive and had his hand up (he wasn't quite in the backfield), Lamar has almost a side arm type throwing style where he really doesn't get a lot of air under the ball.  A more traditional throwing motion QB would have been able to put a little bit of an arc on the ball allowing for Andrews to catch it.  Tony Romo even made the remark that there just wasn't quite enough air under the ball.

I wouldn't want to be John Harbaugh and Ozzie Newsome having to make the decision to pay Lamar, I personally don't think it would be a wise investment.  Lamar seems to spend time digging himself out of holes he created earlier in the game; tonight was no exception with the INT he threw in the first quarter.  I don't trust Lamar as a big situation QB.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Core Four said:

I largely agree with this post.  The part I would somewhat differ is that, while Watt was disruptive and had his hand up (he wasn't quite in the backfield), Lamar has almost a side arm type throwing style where he really doesn't get a lot of air under the ball.  A more traditional throwing motion QB would have been able to put a little bit of an arc on the ball allowing for Andrews to catch it.  Tony Romo even made the remark that there just wasn't quite enough air under the ball.

I wouldn't want to be John Harbaugh and Ozzie Newsome having to make the decision to pay Lamar, I personally don't think it would be a wise investment.  Lamar seems to spend time digging himself out of holes he created earlier in the game; tonight was no exception with the INT he threw in the first quarter.  I don't trust Lamar as a big situation QB.

Agreed. Lamar is a media darling, and a fantastic athlete. But, i seriously question whether he is the kind of QB that you can win championships with. Baltimore is in an unenviable position, IMO. They probably shouldn’t pay him what he will want, but they will have incredible external pressures to do so.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Core Four said:

When you have a coaching staff that can't get their guys focused, you get losses like Jax.

When you have a coaching staff that can get them focused you get:

Bills 35 Fins 0

Bills 43 FBT 21

Bills 40 Texans 0

Bills 38 Chiefs 20

Bills 26 Fins 11

Bills 45 Jets 17

Bills 31 Saints 6

We gotta remember the last 20 years here people. In the wins this year we have outscored the other team 258 to  75

yes we had 2 really bad games. Go ahead and be miserable and focus on those games. I will keep pressing on and hoping for the best.  

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

They probably shouldn’t pay him what he will want, but they will have incredible external pressures to do so.

Yes, this is a big problem and too many in the media and talking heads will overlook the fact that Lamar isn't really a great QB.  He tends to be careless with the ball and not make the best decisions.  It will be unfortunate when 'racism' is cried rather than doing a small amount of analysis of Lamar as a player.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

43 minutes ago, Core Four said:

He did that earlier in the 4Q on a short pass....weird side arm when there was no need to do so, no one in his way.  The narrative on the 2 pt conversion of course is that Andrews didn't come down with the ball, but it was not a good throw and a good throw wins the game.

But I don't think there's any way Baltimore gets away from paying him.  The woke mob would be apoplectic.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

When you have a coaching staff that can get them focused you get:

Bills 35 Fins 0

Bills 43 FBT 21

Bills 40 Texans 0

Bills 38 Chiefs 20

Bills 26 Fins 11

Bills 45 Jets 17

Bills 31 Saints 6

We gotta remember the last 20 years here people. In the wins this year we have outscored the other team 258 to  75

yes we had 2 really bad games. Go ahead and be miserable and focus on those games. I will keep pressing on and hoping for the best.  

I don't think it is being miserable, just being objective.  You can't be a pollyanna and overlook obvious flaws and problems.  As of today, the combined record of the teams the Bills beat is 23-46 or a win % of .333.  The combined wins of the teams the Bills lost to is 23-25-1 or a win % or .478, which is greatly dragged down by Jacksonville's 2-10 record.  That is the hallmark of a McDermott team; feast on mediocre and weak teams, struggle against the better teams, especially if the better teams have a physical DLine and can run the ball well on offense.  This hasn't really changed in his now fifth year as coach.

A focused coaching staff would not lose to a 1-6 Jaguar team with a rookie HC in Urban Meyer.  There is no excuse for that.  None.  Nor would a focused coaching staff get blown out by Indy 41-15 where the QB only threw for 106 yards on 20 attempts, yet get gouged by their RB for 185 yards for nearly 6 yd/rush and 4 TD.  That indicates a terrible game plan on defense.  On offense, you only need to mention the names Diggs and Allen, because that was the offense.  They had to function with a sieve of an OLine.

So now we're hosting the Cheats.  McD, Frazier, and Daboll have a lot of past data to draw off of.  They should also know BB's tendencies.  Will they come up with viable plans to attack NE's defense and their rookie QB?  You know Belichick will be ready to take away Buffalo's biggest weapon (Diggs) and attack the weaknesses in the defense (Dane Jackson and Levi Wallace) as well as run the ball until Buffalo proves they can stop it. 

So before crowning McD's ass like too many have done, let's see if he can claim the AFCE after nearly letting it slip out of his hands.  A good, prepared staff will be up for the challenge.  As a long time fan and someone who hates the Cheats, I hope they succeed.  And yes, I had to live through the drought after watching the great 90's teams.

Edited by Core Four
  • Doh! 1

Win and we are in the driver's seat. 

Lose and we are a passenger letting someone else drive.

So all analytics aside, we just need to go out and win 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Core Four said:

I don't think it is being miserable, just being objective.  You can't be a pollyanna and overlook obvious flaws and problems.  As of today, the combined record of the teams the Bills beat is 23-46 or a win % of .333.  The combined wins of the teams the Bills lost to is 23-25-1 or a win % or .478, which is greatly dragged down by Jacksonville's 2-10 record.  That is the hallmark of a McDermott team; feast on mediocre and weak teams, struggle against the better teams, especially if the better teams have a physical DLine and can run the ball well on offense.  This hasn't really changed in his now fifth year as coach.

A focused coaching staff would not lose to a 1-6 Jaguar team with a rookie HC in Urban Meyer.  There is no excuse for that.  None.  Nor would a focused coaching staff get blown out by Indy 41-15 where the QB only threw for 106 yards on 20 attempts, yet get gouged by their RB for 185 yards for nearly 6 yd/rush and 4 TD.  That indicates a terrible game plan on defense.  On offense, you only need to mention the names Diggs and Allen, because that was the offense.  They had to function with a sieve of an OLine.

So now we're hosting the Cheats.  McD, Frazier, and Daboll have a lot of past data to draw off of.  They should also know BB's tendencies.  Will they come up with viable plans to attack NE's defense and their rookie QB?  You know Belichick will be ready to take away Buffalo's biggest weapon (Diggs) and attack the weaknesses in the defense (Dane Jackson and Levi Wallace) as well as run the ball until Buffalo proves they can stop it. 

So before crowning McD's ass like too many have done, let's see if he can claim the AFCE after nearly letting it slip out of his hands.  A good, prepared staff will be up for the challenge.  As a long time fan and someone who hates the Cheats, I hope they succeed.  And yes, I had to live through the drought after watching the great 90's teams.

Pick a team in the NFL in 2021 that you couldn’t pick apart by being “objective”.  While I’ll agree that the Bills have had shortcomings, I’ve watched a fair amount of games and if I wanted to be an “objective” fan of any of them, it wouldn’t be all that difficult.  Maybe the Cardinals could be an exception.

Edited by 4merper4mer

52 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Pick a team in the NFL in 2021 that you couldn’t pick apart by being “objective”.  While I’ll agree that the Bills have had shortcomings, I’ve watched a fair amount of games and if I wanted to be an “objective” fan of any of them, it wouldn’t be all that difficult.  Maybe the Cardinals could be an exception.

True, there is a lot of parity in the NFL right now.  My point is that the Bills were supposed to win the AFCE and be a SB favorite.  You can't do that by losing to teams like Jax, as well as lopsided losses to Indy who is no world beater.  You can't do that by coming out flat against the Steelers and being physically dominated on the lines by both the Steelers and Titans.  The Bills have not stood out from the mediocre teams, and they should given the talent on the team.  Do some positions need upgraded?  Absolutely.  All teams have flaws and weaknesses, but the Bills' flaws and weaknesses have not changed substantially in the past three years.  That is on Beane and McD, for the most part.

Jabba The Hutt
5 hours ago, devnull said:

Watt can get into my backfield anytime...:classic_love:

• Doh! 1
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, Core Four said:

You totally ignored the point of my reply then rambled on. Why? For weeks you have been dissing the team based on the losses being against bad teams yet we have beat bad teams? Yes they are teams that have a combined .333 record but we outscored them by 258 to 75. 2 of the losses came against the Steelers who may be the best bad team of the league right now and the other we may have won had out QB not slipped to go for the win once again playing against the best RB in the league in Henry. I hate that we lost against the Jags. What do you want them to do. Fire McD? Sounds like that is what you are saying and thats ludicrous. 

6 hours ago, Core Four said:

True, there is a lot of parity in the NFL right now.  My point is that the Bills were supposed to win the AFCE and be a SB favorite.  You can't do that by losing to teams like Jax, as well as lopsided losses to Indy who is no world beater.  You can't do that by coming out flat against the Steelers and being physically dominated on the lines by both the Steelers and Titans.  The Bills have not stood out from the mediocre teams, and they should given the talent on the team.  Do some positions need upgraded?  Absolutely.  All teams have flaws and weaknesses, but the Bills' flaws and weaknesses have not changed substantially in the past three years.  That is on Beane and McD, for the most part.

You could easily do an analysis with very similar premises and conclusions for KC, LAR, TB and GB for starters.  Easily.  What would be difficult is finding a team that is currently a clear SB favorite.  Is there even a team that is a clear favorite in their own division at this point?  Ari, Dallas, Tenn and KC are the closest and all have obstacles which with the exception of Ari are all self induced.

IMO you’re asking the Bills to meet a standard no other team meets and then declaring them a failure because they haven't.  That’s silly.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Core Four said:

As of today, the combined record of the teams the Bills beat is 23-46 or a win % of .333.

If you count the Fish twice, the combined record is 36-50. 
That’s .418.

If you don’t count the games we played those teams (which contributed to their record), then the combined record is 36-43.

That’s .455.

And if you take the 4 wins out of the other group, their collective win % would be .422.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Core Four said:

Yes, this is a big problem and too many in the media and talking heads will overlook the fact that Lamar isn't really a great QB.  He tends to be careless with the ball and not make the best decisions.  It will be unfortunate when 'racism' is cried rather than doing a small amount of analysis of Lamar as a player.

They will point to that MVP trophy as proof that he is a great QB. Regardless of what the record says since the league has kinda figured out how to play him.