Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills vs Jets Week 18: The Aftermath

Ann

10 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Good, maybe keep Haack to hold for Bass kicks and let the new guy do the punting?

And keep two punters on the roster?  This isn't the Wrecks Ryan years.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BillsFan101 said:

Ok Ok what are the damn  rules about hiring a new punter going into the playoffs. Haack was heart attack, playoff game losing bad today. Todays attendance in Buffalo was 68,343 and I bet at least 50,000 could kick better than Haack. Please teach Bass to punt if he does not know already.

Love that the Bills won the AFC East. Next stop SuperBowl.

I can't recall a worse day for a Bills punter.  Horrible.

• Like 2

Raining on the parade a bit here.  Josh has now played in a few cold weather games this year.  His passing performance in those games seems a couple notches below that of warmer weather.  Sure it's harder.  In his case the completion percentage is down.  He looks less accurate and his rocket passes are harder to catch.  I hope Dabol next week will figure out how to balance run and pass even more and focus the passing game on higher percentage throws.  Sure, Josh has the arm to overcome wind better than most but the numbers aren't great.  Today 24/45 and 15/30 against the Pats at home.  

Still though Josh threw some beauties today but there were a bunch off the mark.  They need to be a better offense when the weather turns crappy.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ninety-4 said:

Raining on the parade a bit here.  Josh has now played in a few cold weather games this year.  His passing performance in those games seems a couple notches below that of warmer weather.  Sure it's harder.  In his case the completion percentage is down.  He looks less accurate and his rocket passes are harder to catch.  I hope Dabol next week will figure out how to balance run and pass even more and focus the passing game on higher percentage throws.  Sure, Josh has the arm to overcome wind better than most but the numbers aren't great.  Today 24/45 and 15/30 against the Pats at home.  

Still though Josh threw some beauties today but there were a bunch off the mark.  They need to be a better offense when the weather turns crappy.  

Agree.  Daboll needs to balance out the offense with shorter, higher percentage passes and run plays.  They're not going to win with the hero ball, especially if the passes are inaccurate as they were today.  Can't put that much weight on the defense.

Just now, Core Four said:

Agree.  Daboll needs to balance out the offense with shorter, higher percentage passes and run plays.  They're not going to win with the hero ball, especially if the passes are inaccurate as they were today.  Can't put that much weight on the defense.

They certainly could have run during the quarters they were going against the wind a lot more frequently.  They have been running well lately.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ninety-4 said:

🤷‍♂️ Throwing a hard, cold rock doesn't appear easy.

Today I wondered more about miscommunication with him and his receivers on some throws, and why the receivers didn't catch other, very catchable, passes. The first quarter and last quarter - with the wind - were good. The second quarter and third quarter -against the wind - were not.

• Cheers 1

I just want to say that Josh's first TD throw today to Diggs is probably the best throw I've seen him make. And that includes that ridiculous throw to Davis vs. the 49ers.

it's impossible to count the number of times I've seen the "Hail Murray" in a Stat That commercial. I would love to see them stat that throw and catch, assuming the whole stat thing is really a thing.

It was everything I want from a quarterback all wrapped up in one incredible example of athleticism. 

Yes, he had some bad plays, but most QBs had a rough day today given all the divisional match ups. Only one dude made that play.

• Like 3

Can i just say…

Oliver had a fantastic game. The play where he nearly took the handoff from Zachyboo showed his amazing quickness. He was in the backfield constantly. 

Edited by Sig1Hunter
  • Like 4
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Can i just say…

Oliver had a fantastic game. The play where he nearly took the handoff from Zachyboo was showed his amazing quickness. He was in the backfield constantly. 

I think he spells it Zaj.

1 minute ago, snafu said:

God, no.

Please let this be wrong!

That was announced on SNF. 

Bring your tablet to the wedding. I'm sure the bride, and your wife, will be ok with it. 👼

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Ann said:

That was announced on SNF. 

Bring your tablet to the wedding. I'm sure the bride, and your wife, will be ok with it. 👼

The entire wedding is filled with Bills fans. 
EVERYONE.

Gonna be one lonely DJ begging people to dance. 

• Haha 4

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, snafu said:

EVERYONE.

If the DJ's smart, he'll just play the radio feed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, bdutton said:

If I heard the "Bills Shout" song on repeat, I'd run out of the reception.  No way I'd want to hang around for that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, snafu said:

EVERYONE.

I'm sure I've recounted this one before, but I was at a wedding in NYC the night the Yankees clinched the '96 World Series (first of that run).  The only available way to follow the game was the mens' room attendant's transistor radio.   Shockingly, the men's room became progressively more crowded as the night/game wore on.  By the 9th inning, it was like a NYC rush hour subway car;  basically every guy in the place crammed in listening to the final outs.  And then it was on to Venetian hour.  Good times.

• Haha 4
  • Cheers 1