Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Dolphins Fire Brian Flores

Ann

40 minutes ago, Ann said:

Hoodie is next? 😜

My one nightmare is Hoodie taking over the Dolphins. For as much as we're supposed to hate the Cowboys, Patriots, Jets, etc. -- F*** anything orange and teal as far as I'm concerned, including their fake, obnoxious fanbase.

~Signed: 1990s Boca Raton Bills fan

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

This article rips apart the Dolphins franchise:

One of the most remarkable aspects of Black Monday is how revelatory it can be. Bad franchises often give insight into why they remain bad. Good franchises display some kind of noticeable pragmatism or patience, leading to a decision that is ultimately productive for the franchise.

</snip>

On Monday, Miami firmly entrenched themselves in this club with the firing of Brian Flores, a move that sent ripples throughout the coaching community and registered as the biggest surprise of the cycle thus far. As one tenured coaching agent put it succinctly: “Insane.”

</snip>

Leaked in the immediate aftermath by sympathetic insiders were promises that Michigan man owner Stephen Ross would not chase down Jim Harbaugh. There were suggestions that Flores had poor people skills. There was obvious evidence of a power struggle. The man who drafted Tua Tagovailoa over Justin Herbert got to stay. The guy who took a sack of expiring groceries and made three seasons’ worth of edible meals was given his walking papers.

A few years ago, through an extensive coaching search process, the Bills landed Sean McDermott and finally put to rest years of ineffective practice by installing around him all he needed to succeed. Buffalo is now a tentpole institution in the AFC East, a formidable, sustainable contender that can regularly foil Bill Belichick. They have a franchise quarterback. They have a deep roster full of talented and reliable players.

The Dolphins half heartedly attempted the same kind of turnaround when they hired Flores and paired him with general manager Chris Grier. They were going to rebuild the team, accumulate draft capital and emerge from a period of tumult as a consistent and reliable power.

What actually resulted was a frantic, firehose approach to the draft and free agency. Good players were dealt, mediocre ones were brought in. A quarterback was acquired without an offensive line to protect him. A deep threat wide receiver was brought in to assist a quarterback more comfortable in a mid-range RPO offense (Jaylen Waddle still managed to set a rookie receiving record anyway).

</snip>

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

I don't think he winds up back in *Patriot land. Belichick can't be too enamored with the fact that he took a job in the AFCE, let alone the fact the Flores was 4-2 against the him.

If I'm the Chargers I would be on the phone with Flores about as fast as I'm firing their current idiot for a HC. When all you probably had to do is let 30 some seconds tick off the clock and your in the playoffs. Instead dip shit calls a timeout . Good grief, lol. Herbert deserved a better outcome.

Bills may have dodged a bullet though my friend...  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Figster said:

If I'm the Chargers I would be on the phone with Flores about as fast as I'm firing their current idiot for a HC. When all you probably had to do is let 30 some seconds tick off the clock and your in the playoffs. Instead dip shit calls a timeout . Good grief, lol. Herbert deserved a better outcome.

Bills may have dodged a bullet though my friend...  

The list of NFL coaches who consistently do a good job managing the clock starts and ends with Belichick.  The rest of them appear to be throwing darts.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Deranged Rhino
7 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I would love to have him here as DC.

That's my first thought assuming Leslie moves on as I expect.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
20 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

The list of NFL coaches who consistently do a good job managing the clock starts and ends with Belichick.  The rest of them appear to be throwing darts.

Literally a third of the head coaches in the NFL could do a better job managing the clock just by polling the fans real-time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Crap Throwing Monkey said:

Literally a third of the head coaches in the NFL could do a better job managing the clock just by polling the fans real-time.

Same with GMs and the draft.  If the NFL really wanted to do something fun, they'd let the fans GM the Jags' draft.  I guarantee they'd do a better job than whoever is actually running the show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's my first thought assuming Leslie moves on as I expect.

McD and Flores working together would really be something because hes got Belicheats number... 

• Like 6

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Figster said:

McD and Flores working together would really be something because hes got Belicheats number... 

Agreed. I mean, Leslie stays if he wants (hard to ditch the guy after the season his defense turned in), but I think it'd be an upgrade... and I would think Flores would be all for a chance to stick it to both the Fins and P*ts twice a year. 

• Like 4
  • FANtastic 2

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Agreed. I mean, Leslie stays if he wants (hard to ditch the guy after the season his defense turned in), but I think it'd be an upgrade... and I would think Flores would be all for a chance to stick it to both the Fins and P*ts twice a year. 

He will get serious looks from a few franchises for the HC job.  He may very well land in Jacksonville but I'd sure love to have him.

• Like 4

Deranged Rhino
Just now, Alaska Darin said:

He will get serious looks from a few franchises for the HC job.  He may very well land in Jacksonville but I'd sure love to have him.

Yeah, I think you're right. I know if I were building a team he'd be at the top of my list in terms of candidates available right now. For his sake, I hope he avoids Jacksonville and Khan's shitshow. For our sake, I hope he's out of the conference if he's not on our staff. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alaska Darin said:

I can see this happening

Edited by Figster
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Mahoney said:

My one nightmare is Hoodie taking over the Dolphins. For as much as we're supposed to hate the Cowboys, Patriots, Jets, etc. -- F*** anything orange and teal as far as I'm concerned, including their fake, obnoxious fanbase.

~Signed: 1990s Boca Raton Bills fan

Is it really you?

😮