Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Denver Broncos for Sale [Sold; $4.65B]

Ann

Billsandhorns
54 minutes ago, Ann said:

Isn't Josh going to have to give up his stake in the 76's in order to own an NFL team?

10 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

Isn't Josh going to have to give up his stake in the 76's in order to own an NFL team?

The Pegulas own the Sabres, Bandits, and Bills.

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Ann said:

The Pegulas own the Sabres, Bandits, and Bills.

They can because they're in the same market.

Alaska Darin
1 hour ago, Billsandhorns said:

I just looked it up and they relaxed the rules in 2018

Thank you.  I didn't realize that.  They probably didn't have a choice with the price of a team being what it is.  The pool they can pick from is pretty small now.

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
32 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Thank you.  I didn't realize that.  They probably didn't have a choice with the price of a team being what it is.  The pool they can pick from is pretty small now.

I remembered it because it was a big concern when Pegs was trying to buy the Bills because they already owned the Sabres

Edited by Billsandhorns
  • Like 1

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, Billsandhorns said:

I remembered it because it was a big concern when Pegs was trying to buy the Bills because they already owned the Sabres

The only time I really remember it being a big deal was when Kroenke was trying to take over the Rams because he owned the Avalanche.  They did some behind the scenes finagling to let someone in his family take over the NHL team so he could get his button.

Total load of crap.

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

The only time I really remember it being a big deal was when Kroenke was trying to take over the Rams because he owned the Avalanche.  They did some behind the scenes finagling to let someone in his family take over the NHL team so he could get his button.

Total load of crap.

That is total crap. What little I remember of the original rule was the primary owner could not own another major league team in a different city.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

We’ll, they could widen that pool if they would accept a $1,000.00 down and a promise to pay off the several billions remains over one or two hundred years. 

I’d be in. Hell, @Mead107 could make that down payment just in Meadcoins.  We could all become rich NFL Owners. Just sayin’. 

Edited by Nanker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Spartacus
On 5/5/2022 at 2:06 PM, Alaska Darin said:

They can because they're in the same market.

what happens when they move the Bills?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Guess that investment paid off for the Pegulas...

Never been a fan of Walton's kids.  Definitely cost them a lot less than $3B to get exempted from paying inheritance tax when the old man croaked with a $9B estate.

2 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Guess that investment paid off for the Pegulas...

How long until Walmart introduces Walmart+ Pro with 2 hour grocery delivery by Russell Wilson?

• Haha 1