Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Joe Biden and the 25th Amendment

Foxx

57 minutes ago, Billsandhorns said:

Newsom would need to be confirmed by a majority of both houses. 

Not sure that would happen,

Oh I think it would... Republicans I don't think have it in them to go against it anymore. Bu I like the idea of leaving it empty, kind of like the SCOTUS seat a few years back with the argument to let the people decide :chuckle:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Oh I think it would... Republicans I don't think have it in them to go against it anymore. Bu I like the idea of leaving it empty, kind of like the SCOTUS seat a few years back with the argument to let the people decide :chuckle:

She steps, Down Tapioca brain gets impeached. McCarthy get installed before Newsom can be confirmed. 

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, Cinga said:

This might belong in the conspiracy thread but I thought it fitting here too

Now that Feinstein has passed, the speculation on her appointed replacement is going to go wild. It took him 6 weeks to replace Harris but you can bet he can't wait as long this time with the Dem slim majority in the Senate. 

Here is some interesting speculation floating around..... Newsom appoints Kamala Harris to the seat, and as consolation she immediately takes over as majority leader from the ineffective Schumer

Then the fun starts.... Biden picks Newsom as his new VP followed shortly by Biden stepping aside due to health concerns and we then have Newsom running for POTUS as an unelected incumbent

Hearing this gave me pause because it would be huge for the Democrats. Currently neither Biden or Harris stand a chance at re-election whether it's against Trump or DeSantis. But hate to say it, Newsom can claim to have not been a part of all the destruction Biden has wrecked and would be able to rally the cheaters in the party making him the favorite

She was a Senator. She gave it up to become VP in the hopes that Biden have to step down/die/be declared incompetent. Why would she go back to her old job when being the first female President is so close?

1 minute ago, Ann said:

She was a Senator. She gave it up to become VP in the hopes that Biden have to step down/die/be declared incompetent. Why would she go back to her old job when being the first female President is so close?

because the writing is on the wall. No way in hell a Biden/Harris ticket wins re-election so that would be the end of her political career other than perhaps a cameo POTUS bid that would crash and burn like her last one.

She dreams of power and she won't have anymore if she doesn't flip jobs

Just now, Cinga said:

because the writing is on the wall. No way in hell a Biden/Harris ticket wins re-election so that would be the end of her political career other than perhaps a cameo POTUS bid that would crash and burn like her last one.

She dreams of power and she won't have anymore if she doesn't flip jobs

She is extraordinarily unlikeable; this is true.  Now that people have seen more of her erm, personality, why go back to Senator when she'd be primaried?

I don't see the upshot for her to go back to her old job, especially with Joe's impeachment inquiry going on.

BTW, Grewsome will have appointed both Senators from California after this.  Who needs voters?

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ann said:

BTW, Grewsome will have appointed both Senators from California after this.  Who needs voters?

To be fair, only 4 states prohibit their governor from making an interim appointment. Those 4 require the seat to remain vacant until the next election, special or regular.

• Like 1
  • O Rly 1

On 9/29/2023 at 3:14 PM, Billsandhorns said:

She steps, Down Tapioca brain gets impeached. McCarthy get installed before Newsom can be confirmed. 

This didnt age well.

• Like 1

HOW CHECKED OUT IS BIDEN?

Take a close look at this photo of President Biden with his national security team in the White House situation room.

Notice anything odd about it? (Answer below.)

Biden-name-tags.png

Notice that all the nameplates are turned to face Biden.

We know Biden has trouble remembering names of cabinet members and others, but is he so far gone that he needs nameplates for his senior national security team?

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/10/how-checked-out-is-biden.php

• Facepalm 1
  • Wow 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

HOW CHECKED OUT IS BIDEN?

Take a close look at this photo of President Biden with his national security team in the White House situation room.

Notice anything odd about it? (Answer below.)

Biden-name-tags.png

Notice that all the nameplates are turned to face Biden.

We know Biden has trouble remembering names of cabinet members and others, but is he so far gone that he needs nameplates for his senior national security team?

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2023/10/how-checked-out-is-biden.php

Apparently this is quite common for Xiden cabinet meetings :palmface:

image.png.64b8f2802fd42993b6cb8868c7d2ee2b.png

• Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, Cinga said:

Without the nameplates facing him, the meetings devolve into a game of Guess Who.

guess-who.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Cinga said:

Wait, those are facing away from Biden.

Couldn’t this be for whatever camera is filming at the other end of the table?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, snafu said:

I saw an image showing the table from Brandon's perspective, and the nameplates were on that side as well. Apparently Slo Joe isn't the only brain-dead critter in that photo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, snafu said:

The names are on both sides as different photos of other angles show

• Like 2