Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Bills grant WR Cole Beasley permission to seek trade

You Dirty Rat

34 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Cole work out anywhere yet? I agreed with his vaccine stance but think he screwed up asking for the trade.

I don't think Bease sees is that way. Beane was pretty clear: when he didn't get traded, there was no sense keeping him around because he did not want to play for the Bills.

He may have assumed he'd get picked up quickly, and he WILL get picked after the draft, or at the very least, once injured bodies start to pile up at pre-season. But he wants nothing to do with the Bills, for whatever reason.

4merper4mer
19 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I don't think Bease sees is that way. Beane was pretty clear: when he didn't get traded, there was no sense keeping him around because he did not want to play for the Bills.

He may have assumed he'd get picked up quickly, and he WILL get picked after the draft, or at the very least, once injured bodies start to pile up at pre-season. But he wants nothing to do with the Bills, for whatever reason.

I don’t like the way Bease was treated by some Bills fans but honestly:

1.  The loud douche bags were loudest but I think most were either indifferent or supported him.

2.  Whatever city he played for I’m 100% sure basically the same thing would have happened.  Pinning it on Buffalo is silly.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
4 hours ago, Ann said:

That may have been part of it, but he did spend some time pointing out the double standard for testing between the vaccinated and unvaccinated players while the NFL ignored that both could spread covid. In the end, he was proved correct on that point and after that large outbreak from vaccinated players, the NFL and NFLPA changed their tune.

And criticizing the union for the blind acceptance of bad policy and failing to do their primary job: protecting the players from bad management.  

Of course, the counter-argument to that was usually that the union was doing their job protecting players from unvaccinated players, which conveniently ignored the fact that the policy they supported did nothing of the sort.  It was a piss-poor public health policy.  It was punitive against unvaccinated players, without actually protecting anyone.  

Beasley was ultimately criticized, and perhaps punished, for the common crime of being right but misunderstood/misrepresented by religious zealots.  

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Because of the fans. 

44 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

1.  The loud douche bags were loudest but I think most were either indifferent or supported him.

2.  Whatever city he played for I’m 100% sure basically the same thing would have happened.  Pinning it on Buffalo is silly.

You dont belong to the FB Bills Mafia page do you? They are the loud douche bags you speak of. Hatred of Bease runs deep in that group of over 30k strong. I stay on it for the news, not the commentary. 

Edited by Fansince88

4merper4mer
37 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

You dont belong to the FB Bills Mafia page do you? They are the loud douche bags you speak of. Hatred of Bease runs deep in that group of over 30k strong. I stay on it for the news, not the commentary. 

Facebook was invented because some nerd couldn’t get laid in college.  I always keep that in mind.  Yes it leans left and suppresses dissent but I’m willing to bet of the 30k maybe 1k are loud douche bags.

23 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Facebook was invented because some nerd couldn’t get laid in college.  I always keep that in mind.  Yes it leans left and suppresses dissent but I’m willing to bet of the 30k maybe 1k are loud douche bags.

As one that waited till I got married (And chose to) I have to wonder what bearing that has on a quality of a man. But I digress. Yet the other 29K don't stand up for the right of one to make a choice. Noise is what gets heard regardless of your point.  As I said a few posts above. It was because of the "fans".

4merper4mer
32 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

As one that waited till I got married (And chose to) I have to wonder what bearing that has on a quality of a man. But I digress. Yet the other 29K don't stand up for the right of one to make a choice. Noise is what gets heard regardless of your point.  As I said a few posts above. It was because of the "fans".

All I’m saying is that any other fan base would have thrown the same crap at Bease and if he doesn’t realize that his synapses are not firing properly.

Not getting laid in college is common whether purposeful or not.  Rare is the loser who uses that as motivation to be vindictive and backs his way into being a billionaire.  I’m not sure whether Zuck’s lack of effectiveness with the ladies turned him into the cretin he has become but it seems as if it is at least part of the equation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

All I’m saying is that any other fan base would have thrown the same crap at Bease and if he doesn’t realize that his synapses are not firing properly.

Not getting laid in college is common whether purposeful or not.  Rare is the loser who uses that as motivation to be vindictive and backs his way into being a billionaire.  I’m not sure whether Zuck’s lack of effectiveness with the ladies turned him into the cretin he has become but it seems as if it is at least part of the equation.

Agree on both points. Was just poking fun at the second one. I get your point. 

10 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

you keep believing that's the origins of Facebook if it helps you sleep at night

4merper4mer
1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

you keep believing that's the origins of Facebook if it helps you sleep at night

Get bent

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I agree on both counts. It's just unfortunate.

Ironically, the loud douchebags are the same people who claim Buffalo has the smartest NFL fans.

Go figure.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1