Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

NFL Video History

Alaska Darin

Arm of Harm

Later in Johnny Unitas’s career his accuracy was reduced. His arm, hand, and shoulder no longer worked the way they should, due to all the punishment they had taken. After he retired you’d be justified in calling him a partial cripple. 

Joe Montana missed a good chunk of his career due to injury. Later in his career he had something very visibly wrong with the elbow on his throwing arm. 

On the one hand, football seems more authentic when it’s hard-hitting, as depicted in the video. The accomplishments seem more solid. On the other hand, I want the future Josh Allen to be able to play with his grandkids. I want him to be able to run around, without worrying about crippled knees. I want him to be able to throw them a ball, and have proper use of his arm, elbow, and rotator cuff. 

There’s plenty which could be done to improve the game, without crippling players the way Unitas was crippled.  

1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

Such a darn shame orthopedic surgery was still in the dark ages when he played.

He was the most exciting back to watch of all time.

• Cheers 2

Alaska Darin
20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Such a darn shame orthopedic surgery was still in the dark ages when he played.

He was the most exciting back to watch of all time.

He was just a "different level" athlete that comes along maybe once a generation.  That injury couldn't have happened to a better person.  He was by all accounts a great dude.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
35 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I could go out, right now, and find ten people driving RAV-4s who couldn't hit the speeds Matt Breida hit.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

I met Steve Largent years ago.  Nice dude. 

I always enjoyed watching Largent play.

Alaska Darin

I was actually pretty distraught when the BILLS drafted Jim Kelly.  Marino was my guy all the way.

• Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
49 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Every time I watch that, I fall asleep before he reaches the end zone. 

• Haha 2