Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

NFL Video History

Alaska Darin

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Crap Throwing Clavin
1 hour ago, Alaska Darin said:

How good was Dick Butkus?  In 1969, he was the DPOY.  The Bears went 1-13.

Under today's rules, the man was a walking, breathing personal foul.

Bet no one had to ask what his pronouns were.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
IDBillzFan

Thanks to a brief run yesterday of this clip about Joe Montana calling his wife from the sidelines, my wife was open to watching the series Joe Montana: Cool Under Pressure last night, and if you haven't seen it, get it in your queue.

There is some  great footage from his high school and college playing days, and they interview a number of his old teammates, which all makes for terrific viewing. The video of him (with his Dad) throwing balls in the backyard through the hole of an old tire swinging from a tree is just great stuff.

Now, what I will write next is the kind of thing a fan from another team would read and think "Bills fans are stupid as shit," but as you watch him in HS and then finally making it into the starting QB for Notre Dame, you can't help but walk away thinking "You could almost switch Montana of then with Josh Allen's move through the ranks."

I'm not talking about quarterbacking per se (though you watch "The Catch" and remember JA's throw to Knox vs. NE*),   because one of the things hindering Montana early on was how scrawny he was, and that was never really a JA thing. Rather, the things you hear about Josh as a leader and a competitor on the field are precisely what you see from Montana in this show through his early career, when no one gave him a chance.

Some of the games where he was put under center because of either injury to the 8th string QB, or the game was so out of hand, are fascinating. I'm not a college football person, but what he did at Notre Dame was incredible, and the older video footage is just great to watch.

Completely worth your time, in a world where very little on TV is worth your time.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...