Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2023 NFL Draft (because I'm bored)

Alaska Darin

Alaska Darin
2 hours ago, Ann said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/sr-prospect/blake-freeland-784bd07a-aa1a-4773-83eb-e9969e83d754/

Top Reasons to Buy In:

• Prototypical size and length
  • Effective movement in the run game
  • Identifies and passes off stunts in protection effectively
  • Shows good hand usage to leverage cut-off blocks

Top Reasons For Concern:

• Footwork in pass sets requires significant improvement
  • Illustrates stiffness in hips that limit redirection and fluidity
  • High pads will be a staple of his game and limit his ability to leverage defenders
  • Unlikely to be a scheme fit for all teams on account of physical profile
  • Like 2

Deranged Rhino

Lots of talk about the Bills being high on Robinson. 

Just like there was talk of the Bills being high on Hall last year, and Etiene the year before... 

He's a top 5 player in this draft, without a doubt - but there's a high chance he'll be hanging around in the late 20s due to playing a devalued position. 

I really like Cook, so I won't be upset if they pass on Robinson - but I also won't be shocked if they take him. Dude can play and would be a weapon.

If they took him, I'd like to see them scheme some plays with Cook and Robinson on the field at the same time, with Cook in the slot or split out. Imagine defenses having to defend against a formation with Diggs - Davis - Knox - Cook (or Shakir) - Robinson... Josh would have plenty of weapons.

• Like 1

Nouseforaname
2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Lots of talk about the Bills being high on Robinson. 

Just like there was talk of the Bills being high on Hall last year, and Etiene the year before... 

He's a top 5 player in this draft, without a doubt - but there's a high chance he'll be hanging around in the late 20s due to playing a devalued position. 

I really like Cook, so I won't be upset if they pass on Robinson - but I also won't be shocked if they take him. Dude can play and would be a weapon.

If they took him, I'd like to see them scheme some plays with Cook and Robinson on the field at the same time, with Cook in the slot or split out. Imagine defenses having to defend against a formation with Diggs - Davis - Knox - Cook (or Shakir) - Robinson... Josh would have plenty of weapons.

• Haha 3

concepts that still play major role in evaluating college players to the NFL

https://www.outkick.com/deion-sanders-recruiting-comments-shaq-defense/

The Colorado head coach made some waves when he claimed he wanted his QBs to come from two-parent households, have high GPAs, stay out of trouble and be strong leaders. When he looks for a defensive lineman, he looks for someone clawing to just stay above water.

Shaq comes to Deion Sanders’ defense.

“Ain’t nothing wrong with that. Ain’t nothing wrong with what he said … You know why I have discipline? You know why I don’t get in trouble? You know why I don’t do dumb sh*t? Daddy would have whooped my ass. Lot of kids don’t have that. A lot of kids have hard working mothers that really have to work and they grow up on their own. And you can go left or you can go right. Studies show, statistics show that’s just how it is,” Shaq explained on his podcast.

When Nischelle Turner pushed back, Shaq refused to back down and said Deion was “spitting the facts,” and he even jokingly grinned as he said he would also want his lineman on defense to be “hard.”

• Like 1

Deranged Rhino

I'm torn - King Henry on a short term, expensive(ish) deal and grabbing a WR/OIL/S at 27, or Robinson at 27 on a 5 year rookie deal...

(Falling for Draft hype yet again - I never learn)

Nouseforaname
12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm torn - King Henry on a short term, expensive(ish) deal and grabbing a WR/OIL/S at 27, or Robinson at 27 on a 5 year rookie deal...

That’s nothing, you should see my kid run when we have to put his coat on.

• Haha 5

58 minutes ago, Nouseforaname said:

Rumour (sic) has it if you didn't eat so many oreos you might be able to catch him.
:classic_ninja:

• Haha 3

https://www.outkick.com/nfl-scouting-combine-winners-losers-anthony-richardson/

Anthony Richardson, Quarterback

Yes, Anthony Richardson. I know every single person writing one of these silly Scouting Combine articles is saying how great this weekend was for Richardson. But I disagree.

Here’s why: Yes, he’s going to be drafted higher than he originally would have been without his elite athleticism. Yes, that means more money up front. But it also means higher expectations that are going to hit a lot sooner.

This is madness and the kid is being set up to fail. If he gets picked in the Top 5 and goes to a bad franchise — like Houston, for example — his career might never get off the ground.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I want to see how a Bills hat looks on him. End of story.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Nouseforaname said:

Or squirm right!

Rochesterny

My preference would still look to upgrade the offense line and then either look to safety or now looks like linebacker maybe a need if Edmunds walks follow by

running back

Edited by Rochesterny

This article highlights the problem with  draft coverage.

everything is click driven and the content is generated by a bunch of hacks

Running around in underwear should not move the needle one iota, let alone big risers and fallers,  unless someone blows out an ACL

The performance in the games they played did not change

https://www.outkick.com/nfl-draft-big-board-2023-top-30-players/

NFL DRAFT BIG BOARD 2.0: TOP 30 PROSPECTS INCLUDES BIG RISERS AND FALLERS FOLLOWING SCOUTING COMBINE

Following the 2023 NFL Draft Scouting Combine, several players saw their draft stocks change. Thus, we thought it would be appropriate to update the NFL Draft Big Board.

Previously, we listed the Top 20 prospects available in the draft. For this iteration, the Top 30 players will be listed. Each player’s previous rank will also be given, so you can see how their evaluation may or may not have changed over the past few weeks.

• Applause 2

Alaska Darin
On 3/6/2023 at 5:18 PM, Spartacus said:

https://www.outkick.com/nfl-scouting-combine-winners-losers-anthony-richardson/

Anthony Richardson, Quarterback

Yes, Anthony Richardson. I know every single person writing one of these silly Scouting Combine articles is saying how great this weekend was for Richardson. But I disagree.

Here’s why: Yes, he’s going to be drafted higher than he originally would have been without his elite athleticism. Yes, that means more money up front. But it also means higher expectations that are going to hit a lot sooner.

This is madness and the kid is being set up to fail. If he gets picked in the Top 5 and goes to a bad franchise — like Houston, for example — his career might never get off the ground.

He was going to be a first round QB, regardless of where...the expectations are you will be a franchise guy before your rookie deal is up. 

I swear, every year they just recycle the same stupid takes.