Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2023 NFL Draft (because I'm bored)

Alaska Darin

TakeYouToTasker 2.0
36 minutes ago, Ann said:

27 or 28? 🤷‍♀️

I’m guessing that they’re going to call it the 28th, holding a “ghost pick” at 21, in order that the first pick of the second round isn’t the “32nd” pick of the draft, muddying the waters on if that pick would be entitled to first round guarantees.

• Like 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I’m guessing that they’re going to call it the 28th, holding a “ghost pick” at 21, in order that the first pick of the second round isn’t the “32nd” pick of the draft, muddying the waters on if that pick would be entitled to first round guarantees.

Yep.  And more simply: it's the 28th pick, although the 27th player, because you have to maintain on record that the Dolphins forfeited their pick.  You can't just have that pick disappear.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

It would be great to win some sort of fan lottery and be the guy who announces that the Dolphins forfeited their pick.  Creativity + obnoxiousness.  That could be fun.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, snafu said:

It would be great to win some sort of fan lottery and be the guy who announces that the Dolphins forfeited their pick.  Creativity + obnoxiousness.  That could be fun.

Chris Rock?

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

TakeYouToTasker 2.0

The more film I watch, I’m starting to think Jack Campbell (Iowa) could be the solution at ILB. I’m becoming enamored. 

He’s not an off the charts athlete like Edmunds, but shares his size (6’5” 249 lb), and has many of the attributes Edmunds left us longing for.

He gets downhill, hits his gap assignments quickly, has a nasty streak, and a fantastic motor. He also looks to get into his hook drop smoothly, can cover athletic TEs up the seam, is a heady player who makes quick reads in the passing game, taking  up the right spaces, and has a knack for the big play.

Even given his height, he has a knack for staying low, uses his hands well, and attacks blockers; I really do like what I’ve seen for far, but I still want to watch more film.

He’s projected as a 2nd round guy, but I think he has massive late first round upside, drawing Kuekley comparisons, and I wouldn’t mind trading up to, or possibly inside, 20 in order to take him, assuming that the rest of the film matches up with what I’ve already seen.

Edit: good grief… I just saw his combine numbers. As good as his film is (and it’s elite), his workout was possibly better. A true “workout matches tape” specimen. An absurd athlete. JJ Watt level absurd, and *he’s an off the ball linebacker*…

I’d trade into the top 10 for him. He will anchor whatever defense he plays in for the next decade plus.

• Like 4
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
8 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

The more film I watch, I’m starting to think Jack Campbell (Iowa) could be the solution at ILB. I’m becoming enamored. 

He’s not an off the charts athlete like Edmunds, but shares his size (6’5” 249 lb), and has many of the attributes Edmunds left us longing for.

He gets downhill, hits his gap assignments quickly, has a nasty streak, and a fantastic motor. He also looks to get into his hook drop smoothly, can cover athletic TEs up the seam, is a heady player who makes quick reads in the passing game, taking  up the right spaces, and has a knack for the big play.

Even given his height, he has a knack for staying low, uses his hands well, and attacks blockers; I really do like what I’ve seen for far, but I still want to watch more film.

He’s projected as a 2nd round guy, but I think he has massive late first round upside, drawing Kuekley comparisons, and I wouldn’t mind trading up to, or possibly inside, 20 in order to take him, assuming that the rest of the film matches up with what I’ve already seen.

Edit: good grief… I just saw his combine numbers. As good as his film is (and it’s elite), his workout was possibly better. A true “workout matches tape” specimen. An absurd athlete. JJ Watt level absurd, and *he’s an off the ball linebacker*…

I’d trade into the top 10 for him. He will anchor whatever defense he plays in for the next decade plus.

And "Jack Campbell" is just such a classic, throwback linebacker name.  That's a "Dick Butkus"/"Mike Singletary"/"Ray Nitschke" sort of name.  

Not a "Williams," but I'll still take it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

San Francisco has seven?  

I'd suggest they have compromising picture of Goodell...except that Goodell has no shame anyway.

I thought there was a limit to how many you could have in any year. I mistakenly thought that number was 3 per team, per year but I guess we now know it's at least 7 picks per team. 

Alaska Darin
14 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker 2.0 said:

I've been in on Campbell for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time.  He's an Urlacher-type.  Ceiling is off the chart.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

For losing minority coaches and executives...

this woke business is getting out of hand...

So wait...if you suck, you can hire an all-minority coaching staff, get rid of them, and gather draft picks?

Do we get anything next year for Leslie Frazier?  Or do your minority coaches have to not suck?

10 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

So wait...if you suck, you can hire an all-minority coaching staff, get rid of them, and gather draft picks?

Do we get anything next year for Leslie Frazier?  Or do your minority coaches have to not suck?

Why are the weight-challenged discriminated against? I see we didn't get a compensatory for Daboll. What about Capricorns... we got nothing for Joe Schoen.