Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2023 NFL Draft (because I'm bored)

Alaska Darin

Crap Throwing Clavin
22 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

He's definitely a hard guy to run around because he's basically an eclipse.

Doesn't move well, because he doesn't have to.

Would like to see Bills 2023 first two picks draft  be

first round - peter skoronski offensive line northwestern

second round - jordan battle safety Alabama.

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Like 1

NFL Draft Look-ahead: Six players in this week's bowl games who could be on Bills' radar

Here are six players to watch who will be participating and fit in the Bills’ needs:

</snip>

Byron Young
Team: Tennessee (vs. Clemson in Friday’s Orange Bowl).
Position: Defensive end.
Year: Fourth-year senior (turns 25 on March 13).
Height/weight: 6-3/245.

</snip>

Jordan Battle
Team: Alabama (vs. Kansas State in Saturday’s Sugar Bowl).
Position: Safety.
Year: Fourth-year senior.
Height/weight: 6-1/206.

</snip>

Quentin Johnston
Team: TCU (vs. Michigan in Saturday’s Fiesta Bowl/CFP semifinal).
Position: Receiver.
Year: Third-year junior.
Height/weight: 6-4/215.

</snip>

Christopher Smith
Team: Georgia (vs. Ohio State in Saturday’s Peach Bowl/CFP semifinal).
Year: Fifth-year senior.
Height/weight: 5-11/195.

</snip>

Tyjae Spears
Team: Tulane (vs. USC in Monday’s Cotton Bowl).
Position: Running back.
Year: Fourth-year junior.
Height/weight: 5-11/195.

</snip>

Ji’Ayir Brown
Team: Penn State (vs. Utah in Monday’s Rose Bowl).
Year: Fifth-year senior.
Height/weight: 5-11/202.

</snip>

• Like 1

I looked and most of these safeties are late 3rd, 4th and 5th.

There are multiple safeties in the 1st and second round that are not listed by Mr Kindig.

and we are aware how important this position is.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, B-Man said:

I looked and most of these safeties are late 3rd, 4th and 5th.

There are multiple safeties in the 1st and second round that are not listed by Mr Kindig.

and we are aware how important this position is.

I'm less worried about where the Bills pick a DB in the draft, though, as they've shown an excellent ability to find talent at that position in the later rounds.  

Usually that involves finding players that will work and can develop, not necessarily immediate starters...but they tend to not start rookies anyway.  And even beyond that, they have found some starting talent deep in the draft (e.g. Benford).  So...yeah, not overly concerned where they draft a safety. 

• Like 4

Along with Tom's post about the Bills ability to pick up good quality players in the later rounds is my belief that the Bills should pick in the first two rounds (regardless of position) the best football player..........

(not athlete, but football player)

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Along with Tom's post about the Bills ability to pick up good quality players in the later rounds is my belief that the Bills should pick in the first two rounds (regardless of position) the best football player..........

(not athlete, but football player)

I've always agreed.  Teams that draft for need almost always reach, which is why they almost always persistently suck (see: Bills drought).

Good teams draft BPA, and build from there.  With modern free agency, it's even easier to do that, since you should be able to fill needs through free agency.  But again...teams that suck seem to not understand that, so reach to fill needs, and continue sucking.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I've always agreed.  Teams that draft for need almost always reach, which is why they almost always persistently suck (see: Bills drought).

Good teams draft BPA, and build from there.  With modern free agency, it's even easier to do that, since you should be able to fill needs through free agency.  But again...teams that suck seem to not understand that, so reach to fill needs, and continue sucking.

To add to what you and Bman have written, it seemed like during the drought GMs tended to look for the quick fix. Not necessarily what was best for the long term. McDermott and Beane have shown a good level of discipline, doing what’s best for the future of the team while also taking care of today. 

• Like 1

Billsandhorns
11 hours ago, Rochesterny said:

Ok my draft would look like this :

offensive line

safety

running back

#2 wide receiver 

Let the firing begin.

I'm confused about the firing part

• Like 1

Alaska Darin
18 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm less worried about where the Bills pick a DB in the draft, though, as they've shown an excellent ability to find talent at that position in the later rounds.  

Usually that involves finding players that will work and can develop, not necessarily immediate starters...but they tend to not start rookies anyway.  And even beyond that, they have found some starting talent deep in the draft (e.g. Benford).  So...yeah, not overly concerned where they draft a safety. 

Let's not forget that neither Hyde nor Poyer were huge "gets" when they came to Buffalo.  I have faith the GMBB will figure out a way forward without much difficulty.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Billsandhorns said:

I'm confused about the firing part

Bad attempt at joke. I meant that was my draft and and waiting for the people critique to fire away. I guess stick with my day job and not turn to comedy. 😂

• Haha 2

Billsandhorns
3 minutes ago, Rochesterny said:

Bad attempt at joke. I meant that was my draft and and waiting for the people critique to fire away. I guess stick with my day job and not turn to comedy. 😂

Not your fault it went over my head

16 hours ago, Ann said:

I wish @Dean Kindig - DraftTek would post more here. This is what he has today:

111.jpg.5c260b13d53e1a4d1b7952ae68ab4f1d.jpg

222.jpg.e6dcdc554af3dbec7f5189c96bd820e5.jpg

I know. I love Astro’s analysis and how he follows college prospects and the Draft. Problem is, he got so good at it that he got hired and as a Pro, he can’t give away that analysis freely. Dean could probably replace Kiper or McShay on Draft shows. Heck, maybe Barstool Sports would give him a try. 

• Cheers 3

11 hours ago, Nanker said:

I know. I love Astro’s analysis and how he follows college prospects and the Draft. Problem is, he got so good at it that he got hired and as a Pro, he can’t give away that analysis freely. Dean could probably replace Kiper or McShay on Draft shows. Heck, maybe Barstool Sports would give him a try. 

Dean got stung ATOP and told me he was fine not posting anymore. Also encourages anyone here that wanted to post his stuff to go ahead and do it. I do think he has stopped in from time to time. He contributes here as Astro: https://buffalofambase.com/

Edited by Fansince88
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 2