Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2023 NFL Draft (because I'm bored)

Alaska Darin

2 hours ago, Ann said:

The Bills are so deep at corner there were times this past season when their first round CB couldn’t get on the field. Clearly, they should be looking to use an early pick to add another CB! 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ann said:

While Fowler's writeup is glowing, I went to a couple of other draft sites and Ford isn't projected to until the 4th or 5th round.

If he is clearly the best player then, yeah take him.

• Cheers 2

43 minutes ago, Ann said:

WR?

Can't say I look forward to spending a high pick on a Roscoe Parrish commodity

how about a big and fast outside guy who can win contested balls

somebody like George Pickens - hack the Steelers WR draft chart for better insight

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

The Bills are so deep at corner there were times this past season when their first round CB couldn’t get on the field. Clearly, they should be looking to use an early pick to add another CB! 

If they take a DB in the first two days of the draft, I'll have a Bill in NYC level meltdown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • FANtastic 1

17 minutes ago, Ann said:

More WR

will he be a better pro because the ball does not have stripes, like in  college?

or is it just because his college production was questionable, so nowhere to go but up?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

will he be a better pro because the ball does not have stripes, like in  college?

or is it just because his college production was questionable, so nowhere to go but up?

Well. . . . . . . . . . . . . . He went to Penn State, so. . . . .  .

• Haha 2

Here are draft picks preferred:

a) Peter Skoronski or O’Cyrus Torrence offensive linemen

b) Bijan Robinson  running back

c) jorden battle or Antonio Johnson safety

Edited by Rochesterny
  • Cheers 2

On 1/27/2023 at 2:01 PM, Arm of Harm said:

They are going to take a DB in the draft every season.  There are currently 9 on the roster/PS and 6 Safeties.  

Unless someone at the very top of the class falls to 27, I wouldn't expect a CB to be taken there.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 11:32 AM, KD in CA said:

If they take a DB in the first two days of the draft, I'll have a Bill in NYC level meltdown.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a safety taken simply because of Poyer/Hyde.  They may address it in FA somehow but we'll just have to play the waiting game.

8 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a safety taken simply because of Poyer/Hyde.  They may address it in FA somehow but we'll just have to play the waiting game.

In his end of year press conference, Beane mentioned exploring the move of Benford to safety. How long would it take him to learn the position? 

• O Rly 2

4 minutes ago, Ann said:

In his end of year press conference, Beane mentioned exploring the move of Benford to safety. How long would it take him to learn the position? 

It's hard to say because I didn't see him in college.  From his initial leg up I suspect he played a ton of zone, which means his transition to safety will be much easier than someone like Elam (who primarily played press man).

He'll make mistakes because that's what inexperienced players do but he's definitely a physical guy who plays the football so moving him to safety may have been the plan all along.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

On 1/25/2023 at 7:16 PM, Arm of Harm said:

Um. I have mixed feelings about this. 

On the one hand, the Bills need a #2 WR, and those were some good highlights! Excellent job of catching passes with defenders right there. 

On the other hand, there’s the name. McDermott’s worst draft pick was Zay Jones, WR. Butler’s worst draft pick may well have been Erik Flowers (1st round bust).  Is Beane truly willing to risk an early pick on a guy who’s named both Zay and Flowers? 😯

Maybe?

• Cheers 2
  • Love 2