Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

2023 NFL Draft (because I'm bored)

Alaska Darin

https://theathletic.com/4131776/2023/01/30/2023-nfl-mock-draft-jalen-carter/

27. Buffalo BillsBijan Robinson, RB, Texas

If Dallas isn’t going to get in on the mock draft fun, then Buffalo will. Putting Bijan Robinson next to Josh Allen wouldn’t seem fair, but it’s hardly an impossible outcome. Robinson’s playmaking ability is undeniable. It’s as good as it gets at running back in this draft.

28. Cincinnati BengalsAntonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M

There’s some freakiness to the 6-foot-3, 195-pound Antonio Johnson, who’s a former prep receiver and is not afraid to get downhill and hit people. Johnson got on the field early at Texas A&M and was able to hang physically, right away, in the SEC. He could play either strong or free safety for Cincinnati and probably do so immediately.

• Boo 2

24 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

https://theathletic.com/4131776/2023/01/30/2023-nfl-mock-draft-jalen-carter/

27. Buffalo BillsBijan Robinson, RB, Texas

If Dallas isn’t going to get in on the mock draft fun, then Buffalo will. Putting Bijan Robinson next to Josh Allen wouldn’t seem fair, but it’s hardly an impossible outcome. Robinson’s playmaking ability is undeniable. It’s as good as it gets at running back in this draft.

28. Cincinnati BengalsAntonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M

There’s some freakiness to the 6-foot-3, 195-pound Antonio Johnson, who’s a former prep receiver and is not afraid to get downhill and hit people. Johnson got on the field early at Texas A&M and was able to hang physically, right away, in the SEC. He could play either strong or free safety for Cincinnati and probably do so immediately.

This team needs line help in the worst way.

But yeah...let's grab a RB in the first round.

51 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

This team needs line help in the worst way.

But yeah...let's grab a RB in the first round.

Let's play devil's advocate for a moment.  If as good as claimed that RB might take the spotlight off of the short comings of the OL.  It would be one thing if one OL addition would shore up the OL but really no position is beyond needing an upgrade.  We will never have just like no team will ever have 22 All Pro's to fill every starting position.  It's about finding the players that can produce plus mask deficiencies elsewhere on the roster.  

Edited by RochesterRob

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Let's play devil's advocate for a moment.  If as good as claimed that RB might take the spotlight off of the short comings of the OL.  It would be one thing if one OL addition would shore up the OL but really no position is beyond needing an upgrade.  We will never have just like no team will ever have 22 All Pro's to fill every starting position.  It's about finding the players that can produce plus mask deficiencies elsewhere on the roster.  

Is there going to be a Barkley, Henry, or Taylor available at 27?

6 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

In hypotheticals, I can understand your point.

In reality, show me the RB in this draft who, without any question whatsoever,  can ring that bell? Not to mention, who the hell can run successfully behind the line? Pretty much no one unless they're playing the Bears for 17 weeks.

14 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

In reality, show me the RB in this draft who, without any question whatsoever,  can ring that bell? Not to mention, who the hell can run successfully behind the line? Pretty much no one unless they're playing the Bears for 17 weeks.

Case in point, Najee Harris is taking his time to reach his potential, IMO.

1 hour ago, Uncle Joe said:

To this point in time no Pittsburgh QB he has played with has drawn a favorable comparison with Josh Allen.  Which is to say the Steeler's passing game is not so respected to where defenders can't afford to key in on Harris.  

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Ringing the bell might be causing a half to a full second of hesitation with defenders so Allen can throw a pass and receivers plus tight ends can catch it versus 1800 yards on the ground.  Our window with Allen is now and God forbid he has a career ending injury in the next few years.  We have already pissed away close to a third of Josh's probable career (time sure has flown) and a proper rebuild of the line might take 3 years given our cap situation.   

• Cheers 1

O-line. Call me crazy but you have to win the line off scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Do we want to see the constant amount of defenders in the backfield with Josh. 

8 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

If there is a Derrick Henry available at 28, grab him.  Otherwise go LT or C.

13 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Not really.  He is very good but they've had some line issues, Ben on his last legs, then a rookie QB.

Harris is a stud.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Alaska Darin said:

Not really.  He is very good but they've had some line issues, Ben on his last legs, then a rookie QB.

Harris is a stud.

Which goes back to my point which I genuinely have no business offering but offer anyway: you can be a stud back, but without a good line, you're typically just another guy. Spending a first on a RB just never seems to be the right move without a shit ton of qualifiers.

13 hours ago, Taro T said:

If there is a Derrick Henry available at 28, grab him.  Otherwise go LT or C.

I'm no college football guy, but my understanding is that this year's draft is devoid of any true options for Center.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

Which goes back to my point which I genuinely have no business offering but offer anyway: you can be a stud back, but without a good line, you're typically just another guy. Spending a first on a RB just never seems to be the right move without a shit ton of qualifiers.

I'm no college football guy, but my understanding is that this year's draft is devoid of any true options for Center.

Then LT it is.