Bills Fans Gear Now Available! ×

Conspiracy "theories"

Spartacus

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I was wondering the same thing - what it looks like without the filter they put on. 

Hmm... 

Or maybe JWST is low quality and to cover it up they doctor up all the other photos.

• Wow 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
31 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I was wondering the same thing - what it looks like without the filter they put on. 

Hmm... 

Titan has an atmosphere.  That blurring is atmospheric haze.  

Also, JWST takes images in the infrared ban - I think primarily near-infrared, but I'm not sure.  So the picture's not true-color, it's adjusted to the visual spectrum (all pictures from JWST are.  Even the high-res galaxy pictures). 

And infrared is just better for astronomy observations - penetrates dust and gas better that visible light, while still providing resolution just as good.  It's why they put telescopes on top of mountains like Mauna Kea or Cerro Tololo - gets the telescope above most of the atmospheric moisture and the cloud deck.

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Titan has an atmosphere.  That blurring is atmospheric haze.  

Also, JWST takes images in the infrared ban - I think primarily near-infrared, but I'm not sure.  So the picture's not true-color, it's adjusted to the visual spectrum (all pictures from JWST are.  Even the high-res galaxy pictures). 

And infrared is just better for astronomy observations - penetrates dust and gas better that visible light, while still providing resolution just as good.  It's why they put telescopes on top of mountains like Mauna Kea or Cerro Tololo - gets the telescope above most of the atmospheric moisture and the cloud deck.

Bro, know your thread and audience.

• Like 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, snafu said:

Bro, know your thread and audience.

C'mon...it's not like I'm replying to Spartacus, who probably things infrared light was invented in a Chinese lab just to make his life miserable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

C'mon...it's not like I'm replying to Spartacus, who probably things infrared light was invented in a Chinese lab just to make his life miserable.

Not invented.  Definitely enhanced.  Obviously!

Crap Throwing Clavin
1 minute ago, snafu said:

Not invented.  Definitely enhanced.  Obviously!

I know.  Hell, I was involved with Department of Energy's "gain of photons" research into infrared light.

3 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I know.  Hell, I was involved with Department of Energy's "gain of photons" research into infrared light.

Expect a knock on your door.

Fansince88
5 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Following in Uncle Bosie's footsteps I see. Be careful of you may be cooked under infared light in the Fire Swamp and eaten by the ROUS

Edited by Fansince88

Crap Throwing Clavin

Harvey Weinstein's conviction has been overturned by the NY Supreme Court.  :facepalm:

Posting this here as well because if anything were to convince me that there's a progressive cabal actively engaged in human sex trafficking, it would be this.

Edited by Crap Throwing Clavin
  • Like 1

devnull
20 hours ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

Photons, like birds, aren't real

• Haha 1

Crap Throwing Clavin
35 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

As much as I love a good conspiracy theory - and you know I love a good conspiracy theory...

Did the world really need a Milli Vanilli conspiracy theory?  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

As much as I love a good conspiracy theory - and you know I love a good conspiracy theory...

Girl, you know it's true

• Haha 5
  • Applause 1

devnull
18 minutes ago, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

I'm not gonna bother reading the Milli Vanilli conspiracy theory link unless somebody assures me that the conspiracy involves at least one of:

Aliens

Yakuza

Dick Cheney

The Pope

HAARP

Large Hadron Collider

Tom Brady

@Deranged Rhino I expect a 10% royalty on any scripts that you roll this into

Edited by devnull
  • Haha 1
  • FANtastic 2

Crap Throwing Clavin
7 minutes ago, devnull said:

I'm not gonna bother reading the Milli Vanilli conspiracy theory link unless somebody assures me that the conspiracy involves at least one of:

Aliens

Yakuza

Dick Cheney

The Pope

HAARP

Large Hadron Collider

Tom Brady

@Deranged Rhino I expect a 10% royalty on any scripts that you roll this into

And chemtrails.  Can't forget chemtrails.

• Like 1

devnull
Just now, Crap Throwing Clavin said:

And chemtrails.  Can't forget chemtrails.

Chem trails are assumed, considering how much hair spray Milli Vanilli had to apply

• Haha 2

Huh. Two whistleblowers dead in less than a month and a half. Definitely just a coincidence. Nothing crazy going on.

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like 2
  • O Rly 1
  • Cheers 1